Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:10:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PoS Coins  (Read 196 times)
FrankZeTank (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:26:21 PM

Does anyone have an updated list of PoS coins? Everywhere I look online has some outdated list of shitcoins.

I'm looking for something a bit more updated and really want some that might be able to offer something that most others don't.
Shill em.
christianb35

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:40:20 PM

Maintaining that list won't be easy ... there's more and more coins that are adopting PoS, even Bitcoin and company could be said to use PoS with the lightning network (when it will be implemented), Ethereum want to swtich to PoS, PoS is clearly an evolution from PoW to make the network more decentralized and green.

Why are you looking for PoS coins?

The next generation will be "Delegated Proof of Stake" because PoS has the following issues:
- People stake on bad networks which prevent fast block time / transactions.
- When non-tech people are in charge of the network, doing an upgrade is painful... you need to wait that 51% update their staking PC
- You need to reward the skaters which lead to inflation or transaction fees

In a DPoS consensus like RaiBlocks uses, you don't get a reward for doing it, instead you get a "trust weight", so only businesses that have a good architecture will do it and they do it for recognition, just like "facebook likes". So you get the best side of PoW and PoS together.
niknik1966

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:12:20 PM

Does anyone have an updated list of PoS coins? Everywhere I look online has some outdated list of shitcoins.

I'm looking for something a bit more updated and really want some that might be able to offer something that most others don't.
Shill em.
What for? Love for innovation? I think that in order to earn no sense to go into the details of the technical equipment of a particular coin. The biggest criterion is the market itself.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀

SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

madtea

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:16:55 PM

Neo: it gives you Gas. Ark: you vote from within your wallet for a delegate and then get a slice of their pie.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:34:53 PM

Neo: it gives you Gas. Ark: you vote from within your wallet for a delegate and then get a slice of their pie.

That is probably one of the most relevant PoS coins, but there are a few others who are very important too.

NAVcoin was giving you around 2% a year (that is crap, yes, i know that) But it has that PoS functionality. If i am not wrong, PoSCoin is giving you a little bit of return per month if you hold those altcoins on your mew.

There are a lot of them, but there isn't an updated list if that is what you are looking for.
chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:42:14 PM

Easily you should be looking into Ardor. It is the best PoS coin around and will be top 5 in no time. Get in early because you will be sorry in a few months. Just a fair warning.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
FrankZeTank (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Maintaining that list won't be easy ... there's more and more coins that are adopting PoS, even Bitcoin and company could be said to use PoS with the lightning network (when it will be implemented), Ethereum want to swtich to PoS, PoS is clearly an evolution from PoW to make the network more decentralized and green.

Why are you looking for PoS coins?

The next generation will be "Delegated Proof of Stake" because PoS has the following issues:
- People stake on bad networks which prevent fast block time / transactions.
- When non-tech people are in charge of the network, doing an upgrade is painful... you need to wait that 51% update their staking PC
- You need to reward the skaters which lead to inflation or transaction fees

In a DPoS consensus like RaiBlocks uses, you don't get a reward for doing it, instead you get a "trust weight", so only businesses that have a good architecture will do it and they do it for recognition, just like "facebook likes". So you get the best side of PoW and PoS together.

I'm looking for PoS because I want to be rewarded, I guess I'm okay with staking or nodes just want to know which ones are actually going to hold their weight or have some sort of technological advance in their sector like VeChain.
I don't want a dPoS because I don't get rewarded for it. I would like to be able to set up some nodes or just stake and earn passive income with part of my crypto.

oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:43:22 PM

cloakcoin 6% annually no min hold, anon features, low supply,  just went open source.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Maet1212

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:43:45 PM

Does anyone know how many wallets you can stake at once? Also, is it possible that staking wallets can have trojans if they're extra sketchy/small? I hope that this would be scannable, but kind of doubt it.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:47:07 PM

There is a chance that XUEZ takes off when its rebranded from XIOS over the course of the next month.  XIOS was a PoS coin that was giving great returns through staking and running a masternode.  The developer took but the community took the coin over and has a new team that is re-branding the coin.  It is currently in the process of swapping all XIOS for XUEZ so you cannot purchase any at the moment.  Just keep it in mind when it does get put back on the market as an option to potentially get in early.

https://theminerhub.com/news/xuez-hardfork-from-xios-collapse
MarioLuck990

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:13:03 PM

Shill em.

Wait for ethereum PoS, the only platform that make sense with PoS, empty token platforms make no sense to invest in. 
Maet1212

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:27:38 PM

Shill em.

Wait for ethereum PoS, the only platform that make sense with PoS, empty token platforms make no sense to invest in. 

What will be so special about Ethereum POS? I have not heard anything about it except that it is happening.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:36:10 PM

I saw this branch here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2622314.msg26692771#msg26692771. It works from the end of November 2017. Reviews so far only positive. I personally did not try, so be careful!
Triticale

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:15:36 AM

IdealCash - good POS coin.
infposs

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:27:35 AM

A recommand coin with Dpos---Credits.  You can do your reaserch and keep an eye on it. When its mainnet on abord in July, it has huge potential.
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:41:58 AM

Shill em.

with the huge amount of coins it won't be easy to prepare that list. Just see how many are there on coinmarketcap. Also there are already coins with hybrid consensus that would need to be included
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: