Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction without a fee?  (Read 856 times)
imises (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:52:41 AM

Hey,

i have searched at google, but didn't find a solution to send Bitcoins without a transaction fee in the actual version of MultiBit (0.5.13).

It is possible? Smiley
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 02:57:22 PM

Hi Imises,

No - there is always a minimum of 0.0001 BTC added to a transaction which the miners get when they mine it.

The fees are generally 0.0001 BTC per kilobyte of tx but there is some tweaking for when very small outputs would be generated. In this case the few satoshi get added onto the fee. This is to avoid creating a very small output as a lot of the bitcoin nodes won't relay or mine such a transaction.

I think Electrum just dropped their minimum fee to 0 BTC so, if you know what you are doing and don't mind the wait, that would be an option if you really need to send tx with zero fee. For the target audience of MultiBit (i.e less experienced Bitcoin users) I concentrate on getting the tx out into the network and confirmed in a reasonable time.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: