Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:19:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Prices Too High  (Read 463 times)
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:34:38 PM

It is not that high. You only think that it is high because when the tokens were included in exchanges many people are just dumping their coins especially bounty hunters. In ICO and also pre-ico, you can get the best deal of coins. Why? Because of bonuses. Each rounds they will have bonuses each and we can say that joining ICO is the best investment ever only if the project will succeed and so as the coin.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:09:37 PM

I guess why they seems pretty high to you is because of the high cost of set up and probably for the token. I noticed it recently too but I didn't want to make any noise, glad someone else did. But if you have an ICO that's worth it, then turning in some few coins won't be a problem. Another thing I seems not to understand is why some ICO demands high pays for US citizens and low pays for Non-US citizens.
vinbentrob

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:22:46 PM

If you see high ICO that could be a signal to  some sort of money grabbing!  How much really is needed to get things done?

Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 633

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:37:18 PM

Is it just me or do you also see that ICO prices are starting to get ridiculously high (considering most of them don't even have a working product).
You would really able to see different prices since each project do have different total supply of coins. If you do see surpassed dollar price of coin then most likely they have the total supply of 20-30m+ overall which those price are bit considerable. The thing you should hesitate is to invest into a coin which do have a billion supply with higher price of each token then it would really give me a doubt to invest on.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:10:18 PM

It is not that high. You only think that it is high because when the tokens were included in exchanges many people are just dumping their coins especially bounty hunters. In ICO and also pre-ico, you can get the best deal of coins. Why? Because of bonuses. Each rounds they will have bonuses each and we can say that joining ICO is the best investment ever only if the project will succeed and so as the coin.

Yes that's true even I did it in the past when I completed the bounty campaign and I was just waiting for my ICO to turn into the altcoin and listed under the exchange and it did happen with a value of more than 2 dollars and after the bounty members started selling it the value has been dropped down to 50 cents.

Am I spamming? Report me!
jargal

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:39:24 PM

The price is too high when investors can't make the difference between token price and market cap.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:33:18 PM

Is it just me or do you also see that ICO prices are starting to get ridiculously high (considering most of them don't even have a working product).

I agree with this. Most of the ICOs are overpriced but that also happens on IPOs, stocks initial offering. There are very few ICO that have low price and backed by a real product with good devs. That is why I invest on very few ICOs. I wait til it hit the exchanges and bounty hunters dump their tokens, then you can buy it way cheaper.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:03:06 PM

Yes you can often see how, after the receipt of the coins on the exchange it becomes 2-3 times cheaper than was the price of the ICO, and you realize that too many have lost buying this coin not on an exchange and the team.

There are many investors that are putting the high hopes into the certain project because of the high price at the beginning. Because of that price they are thinking that token will bring them the fortune but that doesn't go that way. Many developers behind the ICO project are trying to get a fast money with the unfinished project that has no realistic outcome. Also, a little amount of the ICOs that are setting the higher price at the start are successful in the end.

Everything depends on the goals and organization of the certain team behind the project and on the realization of that project so it is better to analyze the ICO and determine alone if the token is worth the price it is given. The tokens are transferred in coins after successful ICO and many investors are losing their profit because of the high hopes for the project without the further goal after the ICO sale.

Sometimes even if the price is lowered after the realization of the final coin price can go up in a few months so don't be eager to sell right away with a loss in the end. Be patient and if you truly believe in the project stick a little longer with a certain coin in your portfolio because everything depends on the demand of investors.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Rajatruck

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:46:41 PM

Most who launch ico have no real knowledge of economics and set the prices randomly it seems
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:02:04 PM

You should calculate again, there's no ICO with high prices.
OP is right here, ICO's are being launched lately with price more or less - 1$ per token.
Maybe I have different opinion with you, every ICO has product/ services and you should see it again clearly.
This is not part of discussion where you may or may not have different opinion. Fact is - mostly they don't have working product.  
Price go high/ low is depend supply and demand and sometimes all price moving because news speculation. Even ICO prices go high, I believe there's opportunity to create income, see again chart price and volume.
Token price during ICO is fixed, you can get bonus or discount as early investor but that's all, token price isn't moving during ICO for sure, it happens after ICO ends and from that point it is called trading, not ICO. It seems that you don't understand what ICO is.
khungcuaso11

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:44:47 AM

That right pricez increase before. That maybe due to the recent ico market boom.
However to review a project needs to consider many other factors besides price.
MattSS

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:13:52 AM

It does seem suspicious when tokens are priced above a dollar. How much do they think their company is worth before it starts? It's like people valuing their companies on Dragons Den for millions of dollars
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:33:12 AM

Well, there are some which cost really high but not all of them. Do not look on the ICO price instead, look for the technology and the project itself. If you can see to it the the ICO cost is really worht it for the project, you are good to go. A good example for this is the Titanium ICO. Each token cost $1 each. Immeaditely after the ICO, your token already incurred a 150% growth. It is the project that we should look for and not the ICO price.
ether19

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

BTC. ETC. EOS

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 02:06:44 AM

There are hype all over the crypto world and there are stories of people minting money simply by investing in ICO and selling in profit once ICO ends. So, new ICO can be priced quite high. If you are interested in any ICOs, I advice you to invest half of the amount in ICO and the rest after the coin gets listed and when its price falls.
HorribleGuy01

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:09:12 AM

The price of their coins depends on the numbers of token or supply they have. That is what I know about this ICO thing, not sure though. So if the ICO has low amount of supply they would probably sell those coins at a higher price.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:56:13 AM

In my opinion cheap price of ICO or below $1 is much better than higher price because cheaper price has more potential and more easy to going up by multiple time . So combination cheap price of token on ICO and working product is best opportunity to make big profit in ICO market.

dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:33:52 AM

If you see high ICO that could be a signal to  some sort of money grabbing!  How much really is needed to get things done?

Definitely, they have been doing this since its earlier days and ICO businesses bloom due to possibility of huge profits once they deceived potential investors that keep risking their money to a project that might not work. Well, not all ICO do this, some were making prices high to reach fast their timeline and create more hype to gain a lot of investors and make the project succesful. Initial Coin Offering success rely to investors, amount of money that they have been collected and shorter timeline. However, if developers aren't serious with the project, once they have amassed a lot of money even they reach their timeline, they most likely go away and scam its investors.
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:16:38 AM

I think it also depends on their total supply, most of the project with billions of supply selling their ICO'c for very low price and it took long time to grow the value in the market.If the project has a very small supply for sure it's expensive but for sure when its already in the market it will be expensive as well.
racistyui

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:41:58 AM

I guess 0,5$- 1,5$ isn't a high price for a token ( except BitconnectX 50$ for each token ). It's a charming price for investors to start investing. How can you still complaining about it?

Raigeki.

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:44:30 AM

sometimes the ICO prices are as high as the target price of the existing coins in the exchanges. which has a better platforms than than the ICO. better to research carefully regarding the ico if you dont want your money go to waste
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: