Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:09:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: southeast asia arbitrage opportunity!  (Read 153 times)
hugozao (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:09:29 PM

greetings, im hugo from indonesia, there are big price difference between here and kraken.com or coinbase.
im also looking for someone in western country to do some serious arbitrage with me.

text me on telegram if you are interested.

telegram: @hugozao
email: hugozaoryan@hotmail.com

cheers!
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:31:40 PM

Too risky. Read my post on this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2714227.0

Agree to escrow collateral equivalent or in excess of the BTC amount you need, then perhaps sending bitcoins to a stranger in Indonesia might work safely.

If however you are asking for bitcoins upfront with a vague promise to return them at some point in the future, then this is extremely risky. It’s similar to lending money to you without knowing if or when you will repay it. Providing valid collateral is the solution. Valid and marketable collateral.

shegazy82

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:23:04 AM

Please state the terms of your trade

Bitrated user: saherhegazy.
hugozao (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:13:24 AM

Agree to escrow collateral equivalent or in excess of the BTC amount you need, then perhaps sending bitcoins to a stranger in Indonesia might work safely.

If however you are asking for bitcoins upfront with a vague promise to return them at some point in the future, then this is extremely risky. It’s similar to lending money to you without knowing if or when you will repay it. Providing valid collateral is the solution. Valid and marketable collateral.

actually i finding someone from western to arbitrage my money, not their money, so it will be safe for them. i will just give them commision, btw i read your post about using Escrow Services (provided by Escrow Agents), is it possible i do arbitrage using them?
2dorgit

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:33:18 PM

actually i finding someone from western to arbitrage my money, not their money, so it will be safe for them. i will just give them commision, btw i read your post about using Escrow Services (provided by Escrow Agents), is it possible i do arbitrage using them?

OP is presumably a FX trader before. Arbitrage - escrow are worlds apart in difference. You could get yourself thrown out the window if you walk in to an escrow agent's office asking him to arbitrage again and again like what just happened here.  Cheesy Cheesy

If i read him right, the "arbitrage" word repeatedly used here is referring to 'currency arbitrage'. Which is to buy currency A from exchange #1(low price) and simultaneously selling on exchange #2(higher price). Earnings are made between the 2 spreads.

in theory it is do-able like in forex platforms. but in reality, you have to know there is scalability problems on crypto trade network especially during high volatility period. Considering risk exposure involved to execute orders on behalf, it will also become an issue to communicate since Indonesia - western (I dont know this is western Java or western countries) may not be in same timezone.

2 things is likely to happen. #1 : you'll be relieved of your fund.  #2: you will relieve any responding western crypto dude of his fund.
Virtual currency industry is simply not mature yet to do what you need. Give it sometime to grow.

I'll let you in for a secret. Crypto community (majority) are bloody complicated bunch of people especially when they talk about tech stuff. But on the inside, they are simple minded folks on the verge of total liberation from current monetary system. They are not as insidious as fiat players with indices, bonds, stocks, intra-trade to leverage trades.

Perhaps if you have a sound knowledge on arbitrage working system - you could form a base for ICO project material. There are many tech geeks here that is more than happy to team up with you.

cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: