Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitconnect/Bitconnect x advice please.  (Read 205 times)
Chopper99999 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:12:29 PM

Does anyone use this?  Or have used this?  I am slowly building up a little portfolio as well as spreading into crypto lending.
I have done some research and alot of comments are stating that bitconnect is a scam.  Has anyone used this platform?  Have you made profit from this?

I have been using Davor for maybe a week and that's creeping up slowly on interest. 
If people are using these platforms, how are you using them?
Are you dumping alot of money in it, or slowly building it up as and when you can afford it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Gregamon

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:16:35 PM

Bitconnect  is linked with Bitcoin. So if Bitcoin value goes down then you will be in problem because Bitconnect is going down.
I think you are good for now. Who cares scam or not, the point is invest money earn money and pull out the money.
I hope it helped.
JJack@

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:23:42 PM

Not touching it with a 10 ft pole, everything about the project raises red flags. You should be careful with this one if you really intend to put in your money. A lot of people claim it is a scam, you never want that when you invest in something. Always do good research before you put in your money into projects on the internet. Good luck!
Chopper99999 (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:55:27 PM

Not touching it with a 10 ft pole, everything about the project raises red flags. You should be careful with this one if you really intend to put in your money. A lot of people claim it is a scam, you never want that when you invest in something. Always do good research before you put in your money into projects on the internet. Good luck!

Are you aware of any good lending platforms?  I am doing a combination of alt/crypto coins and lending platforms.
Sorry for sounding stupid, but I have only just got involved in this.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:02:55 PM

Bitconnect is a platform that offers you dividends aka rewards for strong your funds at their system.

BitConnect tells that they use the funds for a very large cryptocurrency trading bot and it earns them money, according to them, they give part of the money for the users as a return for their investment.

BitConnect is being suspect to be a ponzi scheme, they are suspected to have no real trading bot as they never proved that they have any, they are suspected to take the money of newcomers and give it to the old users as a return for their investment.
I wouldn't touch it because I believe that something strange is going on over their, but trade/invest at your own risk.
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:17:10 PM

Seems like the people behind this bitconnectx is the same people who operated the ponzi scheme bitconnect,so stay away if you can.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
DenkoViewly

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 11:04:26 PM

Bitconnect  is linked with Bitcoin. So if Bitcoin value goes down then you will be in problem because Bitconnect is going down.
I think you are good for now. Who cares scam or not, the point is invest money earn money and pull out the money.
I hope it helped.
What do you mean who cares if it's a scam or not? Are you actually saying that helping scams is OK until you are getting something in return? I totally disagree. Even though my opinions on Bitconnect are mixed I would go with a negative reply and say stay away from it for the time being. Maybe wait for it's reputation to reach the "normal" zone.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 07:15:48 AM

Everything about BitConnect screams Ponzi. Exchange and Lending, okay... Feasible as a legitimate service, but it's all just curating false trust for their coin. They've created a self-regulated platform, but it's not a decentralized exchange, and the possibilities for stealing all your coins are definitely there. They tote investment opportunities all over the site, but to me, it appears as if they're just trying to pump more volume through their platform to contribute to their exit strategy... Yeah, it may be legit, but after repeatedly researching the company and service, it still screams Ponzi to me.

AstaYuno

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:36:07 PM

Bitconnect is a ponzi like davor, invest what you can afford to lose
sallysmith

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:43:53 AM

I've been using bitconnect for a couple weeks and am over the moon happy with the profits.  They are (apparently) the 3rd largest holders of bitcoin in the world.  That means a lot.
Their business model is so good in fact, that people want to shut them down and everyone else is trying to copy their model.  I doubt they're going to shut down anytime soon as they're making money like crazy.  Not sure about the bitconnect x coin but they are trying to institute a trading platform and I will (attempt to) buy a couple coins since bitconnect gives a direct link to this new platform through my bitconnect account and I have been trying to sign up with other platforms that won't let me.  Any of these interest accounts that promise to pay dividends in bitcoin would be scams but bitconnect doesn't do that, instead they make even more money through transers into bitconnect coins then to bitcoin. Try to ignore the FUD dealers and go with your gut instincts.
dllhg

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:53:04 AM

People calling it a Ponzi and not Bitcoin or the freaking banks are delusional.  Pretty much every other alt coin is supported by what the next guy will pay for it and counts on new money coming in. 

Bitconnect only has 6 million our of 28 million max supply circulating.  That's a lot of reserves !  They pay you out with bitconnect tokens.  You sell them on the exchange then do what you want with the returns. 

I have over  80 different alt coins in my portfolio. Personally I invested a decent amount to test it out. I am at about two month mark and have received 75% of my money back from interest.  I have been withdrawing my interest payouts  every few days to buy other alt coins.  If you reinvest you get a 300% return in 4 months.  Compounding interest is an amazing thing.  If you leave it in for a year you get a 34X return (3400%).  So you can see the longer you leave it in the bigger difference compounding interest makes. Hell any coin could take the money and run.  There is risk in crypto as a whole period.  With a 34X annual return  with Bitconnect lending its worth the risk to me. 

I have virtually no risk now at this point and I think I will start reinvesting and compound interest every few days.  That or perhaps start taking out 25-50% of the interest and reinvesting the rest.  Considered adding new money to it as my previous experiment was a huge success.   

I would also add that my over all portfolio has increased by a much larger percentage in the last few months than my Bitconnect investment.  That being said when Bitcoin does crazy shit and market turns all red I really like getting my consistent payouts from Bitconnect.  If you have ever had a coin drop half its value in a week or two you would understand.  Not fun if its a big investment. Fairly common in this industry.  Can't complain if you have 500% gain or more but imagine if you just put the money in and it dropped that much.....
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:00:29 AM

People calling it a Ponzi and not Bitcoin or the freaking banks are delusional.  Pretty much every other alt coin is supported by what the next guy will pay for it and counts on new money coming in. 

Bitconnect only has 6 million our of 28 million max supply circulating.  That's a lot of reserves !  They pay you out with bitconnect tokens.  You sell them on the exchange then do what you want with the returns. 

I have over  80 different alt coins in my portfolio. Personally I invested a decent amount to test it out. I am at about two month mark and have received 75% of my money back from interest.  I have been withdrawing my interest payouts  every few days to buy other alt coins.  If you reinvest you get a 300% return in 4 months.  Compounding interest is an amazing thing.  If you leave it in for a year you get a 34X return (3400%).  So you can see the longer you leave it in the bigger difference compounding interest makes. Hell any coin could take the money and run.  There is risk in crypto as a whole period.  With a 34X annual return  with Bitconnect lending its worth the risk to me. 

I have virtually no risk now at this point and I think I will start reinvesting and compound interest every few days.  That or perhaps start taking out 25-50% of the interest and reinvesting the rest.  Considered adding new money to it as my previous experiment was a huge success.   

I would also add that my over all portfolio has increased by a much larger percentage in the last few months than my Bitconnect investment.  That being said when Bitcoin does crazy shit and market turns all red I really like getting my consistent payouts from Bitconnect.  If you have ever had a coin drop half its value in a week or two you would understand.  Not fun if its a big investment. Fairly common in this industry.  Can't complain if you have 500% gain or more but imagine if you just put the money in and it dropped that much.....

Anyone can ake 5 minutes of his time and all becomes clear about the nature of Bitconnect, but as you're taking money out it's kinda obvious you know the gains are unsustainable, so why pretend?

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:06:55 PM

People calling it a Ponzi and not Bitcoin or the freaking banks are delusional.  Pretty much every other alt coin is supported by what the next guy will pay for it and counts on new money coming in.  

Bitconnect only has 6 million our of 28 million max supply circulating.  That's a lot of reserves !  They pay you out with bitconnect tokens.  You sell them on the exchange then do what you want with the returns.  

I have over  80 different alt coins in my portfolio. Personally I invested a decent amount to test it out. I am at about two month mark and have received 75% of my money back from interest.  I have been withdrawing my interest payouts  every few days to buy other alt coins.  If you reinvest you get a 300% return in 4 months.  Compounding interest is an amazing thing.  If you leave it in for a year you get a 34X return (3400%).  So you can see the longer you leave it in the bigger difference compounding interest makes. Hell any coin could take the money and run.  There is risk in crypto as a whole period.  With a 34X annual return  with Bitconnect lending its worth the risk to me.  

I have virtually no risk now at this point and I think I will start reinvesting and compound interest every few days.  That or perhaps start taking out 25-50% of the interest and reinvesting the rest.  Considered adding new money to it as my previous experiment was a huge success.  

I would also add that my over all portfolio has increased by a much larger percentage in the last few months than my Bitconnect investment.  That being said when Bitcoin does crazy shit and market turns all red I really like getting my consistent payouts from Bitconnect.  If you have ever had a coin drop half its value in a week or two you would understand.  Not fun if its a big investment. Fairly common in this industry.  Can't complain if you have 500% gain or more but imagine if you just put the money in and it dropped that much.....

Anyone can ake 5 minutes of his time and all becomes clear about the nature of Bitconnect, but as you're taking money out it's kinda obvious you know the gains are unsustainable, so why pretend?

Very true. People that are defending BitConnect by saying that it’s not a Ponzi scheme, and that it is profitable, are neglecting to realize one fundamental piece to the puzzle: nobody said that ponzis are not profitable.

Just because you’re making profit and realizing gains does not mean that it is sustainable. Using the argument that it’s comparable to any other altcoin? Hahaha please. Most altcoins are shitcoins designed to pump and dump for the developer and early adopters to gain profits. Most of the altcoins aren’t backed by any service or physical product.

Believe what you want about bitconnect, but the moment that withdrawals start exceeding the amount of newbies that join the platform, you guys are all screwed. Yup, that’s exactly what a ponzi is designed to do. Just because you have “semi” control over your investments and trading doesn’t mean that it’s sustainable.

Remember Gladiacoin? This is the same thing, except the developers have now put the power of positive returns into the hands of the users themselves.

Have fun withdrawing your profits, but I’d rather choose to sleep at night knowing that I’m not screwing over some poor “investor” from their hard earned money.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: