Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What don't you like about bitcoin  (Read 204 times)
munareal (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:51:08 PM

All crypto currencies  have their pros and cons .  I do not like the fact that transactions are  can not be reversed.What don't you like about bitcoin ?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:53:03 PM

Probably the high fees that we need to pay daily.

I use bitcoin to send and receive daily payments, maybe it is a bad thing to use bitcoin for daily purposes instead of holding, but i need to do it because of my bussiness (bitcoin related)
And the fees are outrageous.. they are going down right now, but they are still pretty expensive.
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:56:00 PM

Maybe its tx confirmation speed?and blocksize  is too small for a lot of transactions every minute,needs some upgrade!
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:57:45 PM

Probably the high fees that we need to pay daily.

I use bitcoin to send and receive daily payments, maybe it is a bad thing to use bitcoin for daily purposes instead of holding, but i need to do it because of my bussiness (bitcoin related)
And the fees are outrageous.. they are going down right now, but they are still pretty expensive.

It is something that is temporarily.
Soon lightning network comes out and the network is going to be a lot faster and cheaper then it is right now.

The thing that I hate about bitcoin is that it consumes a lot of power that could have been used for other things.
We can switch to POS from POW at any time, and we won't need to consume so much energy as we do now.
The process of calculating a block is just trying to guess random number, the whole process doesn't have any real purpose and is just wasting energy and makes an environment pollution.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:36:38 PM

All crypto currencies  have their pros and cons .  I do not like the fact that transactions are  can not be reversed.What don't you like about bitcoin ?

Being irreversible of transaction is the product of being decentralized. A great feature that carries an issue. Though it is not considered as a big issue. Just proceed with caution and carry more cautions Grin

The thing that I do not like about Bitcoin is in the aspect of transaction also. It would be very nice if Bitcoin transaction could be done within seconds. But since mining a block requires 10 minutes at minimum we should wait for minutes, hours, or even days before our transaction be confirmed. Waiting sucks Sad Another thing is that, transactions can be prioritized based from the transaction fee added. Perhaps a FIFO protocol should be embedded to the Bitcoin network so that all transaction is fair. Last is the increasing required transaction fee. This issue is absurd. (Nothing to discuss here, you all get the idea, right?)
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:48:02 PM

Actually I appreciate the irreversible nature of transactions. One thing I currently dislike is that transactions are slow and expensive, in time this will improve but it's been holding bitcoin back for too long now.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:51:53 PM

I don't like very slow transaction speed unless I pay high fees.
I don't like high fees to be honest.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:58:18 PM

What I don't like about bitcoin is its transaction fees are too damn high compare to ethereum. Your transaction can't be approved unless you pay high fee. bitcoin being decentralized has advantage and disadvantage, One of the pros that bitcoin has is it does not go through central banks, meaning you don't have to pay any taxes and the disadvantage about bitcoin being decentralized if you accidentally send btc to a wrong address you can never get back your BTC.

Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:03:00 PM

I think that we all agree on the same thing.. We all hate to pay those huge fees that we are always having to pay everytime that we want to make a new transaction.

It is impossible to avoid them, haha, but there are some ways in that you can try to "avoid" them at some point, just like trying to use other exchanges or just those wallets who are paying a common fee between all the users.

Like Poloniex, each transaction will cost you only 0.0001 BTC, that is less than $1,5 at the moment.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:07:12 PM

If we talk about the shortcomings of bitcoins, then this is a large volatility of the currency.  In other words, even a month the price of bitcoin can make huge leaps.
raven1322

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:49:13 AM

What I don't like about btc would be the people who uses it for scams and robbing people. Due to its high value people tends to get blinded by the idea that this is the easiest way to get rich. This is one of the reason why btc is being dissed in my country.

Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:11:34 AM

That is one thing that I don't like about the cryptocurrency and the blockchain technology. Transactions cannot be reversed. The only chance that you will be able to get back what you have sent wrongly is when you were able to send it to a proper address and the person on the other end of the line is kind enough to return to the sending address what is not his. But of course this is going to happen with only a 2% probability. So let us just be very careful in our transactions. Other things that I don't like are the typical transaction fee and the long confirmation time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:23:20 AM

I really like the crypto currency because it is unique and can make a lot of money and can free the economic problems in my life, but also there are things I do not like from crypto such that if we miscast we will lose our money and hard to get back.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:28:58 AM

Since there is no third party when transacting Bitcoin and when the transaction is already made it will be recorded to blockchain that is why it cannot be reversed, and this is why we use escrow if we are going to transact with people that we don't trust to avoid being scammed. What I don't like about Bitcoin is of course what other people also don't like, the very high transaction fee that makes it not practical to make small transactions and the slow confirmation time. But I believe that it will be resolve soon because lightning is on its way to be implemented.
jollyreti

Activity: 29
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:30:21 AM

It is slow, it has expensive fees, it does not have soul and I don't like its name. I think it is enough Smiley
ilyadivaice

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:35:58 AM

Hello! Most of all, I am upset by the high payment for transactions and the inability to make the cancellation of transactions. Another thing that worries me is the tremendous consumption of electricity and resources for its production, which is necessary for bitcoin mining. Often I ask myself: is it worth bitcoin of such expenses, which is difficult to fill? Recently, projects began to appear that are planning to use alternative sources for mining. This makes me happy.
pranaja

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:36:23 AM

Bitcoin is not Stable
Bitcoin is a speculative currency. While there are not enough companies currently offering the purchase and sale of products with bitcoin as a means of payment.
mung_nasib

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:46:07 AM

Probably in the process of block transactions that sometimes got disturbed so that makes me uncomfortable Moreover in added to the cost that is now soaring.So I expect such problems are resolved as soon as possible in order to make someone happier if you want to do various transactions in the future.

bitcoinfrings

Activity: 110
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:52:37 AM

I don't like the confirmation delays..
TTTaka

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:53:54 AM

I don't like high fees,unless I can tolerate it slowly.
And too many people try to sabotage Bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: