Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:00:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin transaction fees are abnormal  (Read 213 times)
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:14:13 AM

That's not all it takes time for the transaction to be confirmed by the miners especially when you choose the low priority ones take it into account as part of my friends experienced but talk about the transaction fee. Man it's all of our incomes are being served to them. They are like preventing the increase of demand of bitcoin.

xxx3

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:18:19 AM

I personally have nothing to say the cost of bitcoin is% of the bitcoin value and since bitcoin has 10x since last year you have to have cost also will be 10x from last year. The cost roughly goes up slightly higher than this but until they apply LN there's nothing we can do if we want to transact on BTC. If you have a small amount, try using DOGE coins or DAG coins at zero cost for transactions if possible.
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:34:39 AM

I have just made a withdrawal from Coinbase of 0.00581882 BTC and the 0.00120204 BTC was a transaction fee!?

So, to the end BTC address there was only 0.00461678 BTC!

Why are the transactions fees so big. What is the point here?

We have an announcement in Coinbase.com that they are woking on the backlogs. I am sure once the backlogs are cleared, the trasaction fees may get reduced. .0012 is so costly here. Even localbitcoin.com as well, costs .0009 for incoming trasactions. So when you change .005 into  your fiats, you would almost loose .0021 btc. Really worried at the cost.

goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:11:52 AM

I think you should aware on the fees before withdrawing and if you are active and old here on the bitcoin world, you are not surprised with this. Transaction fees are truly high, and so far, its the only way of getting a withdrawal.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
mevmike

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:50:43 AM

these may seem to be a problem especially if you are doing transactions with smaller values.
that is why it will be better to accumulate bitcoin first on a bigger amount before doing any transfer in order to save from transaction fees.
and we can't really do anything about this.
all we can do is accept it.
Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:55:24 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 10:31:13 PM by faceoff97

I have just made a withdrawal from Coinbase of 0.00581882 BTC and the 0.00120204 BTC was a transaction fee!?

I have also experience this and made me think how come transaction fee keeps on rising. For this reason I tried to diversify my fund for platforms which doea not require big amount of transaction fee. I think aa bitcoin keeo on rising bitcoin transaction fee will also increase. This should be develop and be fix before people transfer to another one.

There actually other coin who offers smaller transaction fee, this made people choose bitcpin over it. Personally I prefer eth to transfer fund because I find it cheaper that bitcoin.
Jombitt

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:05:13 AM

The blockchain network still congested, there are so many pending or unconfirmed tranasction right now. Its not recommended to make a small transaction using bitcoin. Try to use other altcoin for your transaction, it has smaller fees compared to bitcoin. Make it temporary till the bitcoin transaction fee go back to normal

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:52:44 AM

We have an announcement in Coinbase.com that they are woking on the backlogs. I am sure once the backlogs are cleared, the trasaction fees may get reduced. .0012 is so costly here. Even localbitcoin.com as well, costs .0009 for incoming trasactions. So when you change .005 into  your fiats, you would almost loose .0021 btc. Really worried at the cost.

Wait, what backlog? Their users' transactions? Because I'm pretty sure they have no control over that. That's why they're charging high fees in the first place -- so that their users' transactions can be confirmed as soon as possible.

What they can really do to help clear the transaction backlog is to use Segwit. I know that they already plan to have it implemented by the end of the first quarter of 2018, but man this should have been a long time coming.

Yeah the cost is worrying, but the crypto market as a whole is in a complete uproar right now. Some exchanges are even denying registrations. Crypto grew too big too fast, and while that shouldn't be too much of a problem long-term, it's pretty inconvenient at the moment.

boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:55:39 AM

This is really a big problem for bitcoin, network congestion and high fees are making other crypto users to look for a cheap and alternative way to send money. If this is not resolved this will be the start of the end of bitcoin.
redsuncrypto

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:24:25 AM

my god, crazy fee for btc, almost 20% for withdrawal. maybe it's right time we shoud shift to altcoin
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:26:52 AM

The better way for now wait when bitcoin core completes lightning network.
For exchanges we can exchange funds to other crypto and easy transfer

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
soros017

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:53:33 PM

Do yourself a favor, and stop using freaking legacy addresses. Consolidate your funds in SegWit addresses instead.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: