Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:59:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck transaction since 10 days, set a too low fee  (Read 180 times)
ConnyH (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:06:59 PM

So I sent a transaction about 10 days ago and was stupid and didn't give a big enough transaction fee...
How can I get it unstuck? I'm a newbie and didn't really know what I was doing, I just had some bitcoins since a few years ago.
I tried to use the Via BTC paid service, but they wanted something like 0.35 BCH for it, which sounds like an insane amount of money.
Is there anything else I can do to? Do I really need to pay that much for this transaction to go through?
This is the transaction ID: 32f7cf8aae7343249ba3284e63c6652e44529a7356841cdcce77b639d4b6fd4d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:50:59 PM

This is the transaction ID: 32f7cf8aae7343249ba3284e63c6652e44529a7356841cdcce77b639d4b6fd4d
a bit more information should allow us to help you better,
what wallet did you use to create and send this transaction?
if it's unpopular wallet, do you control private keys to your addresses?
do you have some sort of 12 words seed... and etc, any useful information

KopikoBrown

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:39:00 AM

The locktime block of your transaction is 501634 and now it's passed by.  Try to use pushtx.btc.com
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:45:09 AM

The locktime block of your transaction is 501634 and now it's passed by.  Try to use pushtx.btc.com

Cheesy at the time he broadcasted the tx, the locktime has already passed by.
on certain wallet by default locktime is the last block # found at tx sending/relaying time, unless you change it manually
tx info on blockchain.info : Received Time   2017-12-29 21:06:18
Blocks mined : 501634 (Main Chain)   2017-12-29 21:03:36

your tx has OPT-IN RBF , you can try bump the fee if you want
so... what wallet you use? it should have option to create new RBF tx

ConnyH (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:46:28 AM

Hi! I used Armory, and I think I have my private keys. I was just going to move some BTC from one wallet to another wallet, so I'm in control of both wallets (and both are made with Armory)

The locktime block of your transaction is 501634 and now it's passed by.  Try to use pushtx.btc.com

on certain wallet by default locktime is the last block # found at tx sending/relaying time, unless you change it manually

I don't know what locktime is, sorry. I'm using Armory, so you mean I can just send the same amount of BTC to the same wallet again and just bump up the fee to something more reasonable and it will not be any problems? The thing is I reinstalled Armory after sending trying to send that transaction, and now I can see my balance as they were before the transaction. Is the transaction "forgotten" by the network? Is that what you mean by the locktime has already past? Can I treat them as I never sent them in the first place? I don't want to fuck up and somehow make them stuck forever..
Thanks for your help btw!

The reason I used such a low transaction fee was that this site https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ at the time of the transaction said that the estimated time in minutes would be something like 20-760 minutes, but now it says 90-inf... so yeah..
KopikoBrown

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:51:39 AM

Hi! I used Armory, and I think I have my private keys. I was just going to move some BTC from one wallet to another wallet, so I'm in control of both wallets (and both are made with Armory)

I don't know what locktime is, sorry. I'm using Armory, so you mean I can just send the same amount of BTC to the same wallet again and just bump up the fee to something more reasonable and it will not be any problems? The thing is I reinstalled Armory after sending trying to send that transaction, and now I can see my balance as they were before the transaction. Is the transaction "forgotten" by the network? Is that what you mean by the locktime has already past? Can I treat them as I never sent them in the first place? I don't want to fuck up and somehow make them stuck forever..
Thanks for your help btw!

The reason I used such a low transaction fee was that this site https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ at the time of the transaction said that the estimated time in minutes would be something like 20-760 minutes, but now it says 90-inf... so yeah..
Try the viabtc accelerator Smiley
ConnyH (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:13:07 AM

Yeah that was my first idea, since I've used the free version once before, but it seems like the free version doesn't work anymore?
And the paid version needed something like 0.35 BCH to accelerate the transaction, which seems ridiculously high in my opinion. Or is that really a reasonable amount to pay? As I said I'm a newbie, and just happen to have some bitcoins since approx 2014, and back then the transaction fees were almost zero. I would prefer not to pay approx 820 dollars for a single transaction, which it seems like they asked for Sad

Thanks for your reply! Smiley
KopikoBrown

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:17:55 AM

Yeah that was my first idea, since I've used the free version once before, but it seems like the free version doesn't work anymore?
And the paid version needed something like 0.35 BCH to accelerate the transaction, which seems ridiculously high in my opinion. Or is that really a reasonable amount to pay? As I said I'm a newbie, and just happen to have some bitcoins since approx 2014, and back then the transaction fees were almost zero. I would prefer not to pay approx 820 dollars for a single transaction, which it seems like they asked for Sad

Thanks for your reply! Smiley
Yeah but perfect timing you can add your tx their
ConnyH (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:32:39 AM

Do you mean in the free ViaBTC service? If so, I have tried a couple of times and it always say that submissions are beyond limit Sad
Can you try? If you can make the transaction go through, I will gladly send you 50 dollars worth of Eth
KopikoBrown

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:42:22 AM

Do you mean in the free ViaBTC service? If so, I have tried a couple of times and it always say that submissions are beyond limit Sad
Can you try? If you can make the transaction go through, I will gladly send you 50 dollars worth of Eth
Yes i tried it so many times Smiley and it works. Yes i will try
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: