Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:53:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why MP is your God.  (Read 38105 times)
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:03:56 AM

PR, no gloating about how poopscoop supposedly predicted the gox clusterfuck?

They have probably pointed out in plenty of other places that MP predicted lots of impending Gox fail, back in April 2013

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:38:35 PM

Why MP is your God. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=350763.msg5344291#msg5344291

Just received this email a few moments ago, it's related to CSC24Seven

Cyprus bailout effect

Dear Customer,

As you have probably already learned from the news, the Cypriot government is planning to introduce a one-time tax on all customer accounts held with Cypriot financial institution. In order to secure the collection of this tax, many customers have had funds blocked against their accounts held in Cyprus-based banking institutions.

UWC Financial Services Ltd issued a statement confirming that Cyprus bailout will have no effect on the funds held in our customers accounts, as these funds are kept outside Cyprus. For our UWCFS Quick Cards it is regrettable that customers that are holders of the CSC24Seven issued cards will have probably noticed that an unrecognised transaction has been issued on their cards over the weekend 16th-17th March 2013.

CSC24Seven the card issuing bank has originated these transactions under instruction from the government of Cyprus to ensure the collection of this tax from all account holders. While it is still unclear whether the tax will affect all accounts or just savings accounts, bank accounts or specific other types of accounts remains to be confirmed but until the final decision (expected Tuesday 19th March 2013) is announced, the funds blocked on UWCFS Quick Cards are under the control and disposal of the card issuing bank (CSC24Seven).

CSC24Seven has assured UWC Financial Services Ltd, if in the event that e-money (pre-paid card) accounts are granted exclusion from the bailout scheme, the blocked funds will be reversed back to pre-pard card accounts.

UWC Financial Services Ltd are in continued communication with CSC24Seven and we are continually monitoring the situation and endeavour to keep our customers updated on any further development.

You can find more information on the situation in Cyprus in our daily market reviews from Mayzus Investment Company Ltd http://www.mayzus.com/en/market-reviews/marketreview-3444.html

Kind regards,
Nikolay Rozhok
CEO
UWC Financial Services Ltd

First linode stole from us, and then we boycotted linode.

Then dwolla stole from us, and we boycotted dwolla.

Now Cyprus steals from us, and so we shall boycott Cyprus.

Or maybe we just don't give a shit.

In Russia this would be "Do not piss against the wind."

Did I get it right. OKpay or whomever got their bank account raided and they have passed it onto their customers? This cannot be lawful. Their "taxes" is their responsibility, not their customers. The accounts in Cyprus banks are not in the names of the cardholders, are they? Will they next pass on corporation tax as "an unrecognized transaction" tomorrow?

Yes well, obviously they'll play it both ways if they can.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=350763.msg5344291#msg5344291
khersonus

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:12:11 AM

From http://trilema.com/2014/mpoe-february-2014-statement/
We have a major problem with data feeds. On one hand, feed providers do not generally have either the ethical maturity to understand the responsibility curating their feeds entails. On the other hand, feed providers do not have the intellectual complexity or professional experience to be able to actually curate their feeds.

So does Mr. MP, the "god" himself also not have the "intellectual complexity or professional experience to be able to actually curate" his own darn feed?
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:48:25 AM

Freaking gypsies man, convincing people they are Gods to swindle them out of BTC!

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:34:49 AM

We have a major problem with data feeds. On one hand, feed providers do not generally have either the ethical maturity to understand the responsibility curating their feeds entails. On the other hand, feed providers do not have the intellectual complexity or professional experience to be able to actually curate their feeds.

So does Mr. MP, the "god" himself also not have the "intellectual complexity or professional experience to be able to actually curate" his own darn feed?

Dude, what is this "himself" shit? I've seen her toes. In fact, I'm seeing them now. It's my desktop wallpaper, hence not opting for the epic Bic pen up the tailpipe pic.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:02:14 AM

Dear God, The Gov needs you to lead the masses into their detention camps.

Devance

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:04:06 AM

By the way, Who is MP?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:16:53 AM

By the way, Who is MP?

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/01/openbsd/

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:24:07 PM

To have meaningful data, the feeds must originate at the source of the data. They have to come from the bitcoin exchanges. You can make whatever aggregated bitcoin price you want, but if the input data is not reliable, then the output is meaningless.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 01:35:26 PM

Ahaha hahaha.. Grin Now this is clearly a win! Wink

EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:06:08 PM

Maybe he just likes pimp style Cheesy Who knows what you'd be wearing if you had his money.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:11:57 PM

Maybe he just likes pimp style Cheesy Who knows what you'd be wearing if you had his money.

The sad part is we are in the wealth bracket 0.001% and I can attest I don't dress like that nor will I ever.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:41:32 PM

I knew you guys would love that photo. When I saw it I was thinking "Saturday Night Fever".

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:27:58 PM

I knew you guys would love that photo. When I saw it I was thinking "Saturday Night Fever".

It does take awhile for movies to get to Romania so I guess they just got Saturday Night Fever.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:52:40 AM

It does take awhile for movies to get to Romania so I guess they just got Saturday Night Fever.

Nearly 40 year old movie just getting to Romania! Now that is slow. Do they mine Bitcoin with an abacus? lol

khersonus

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:13:57 AM

To have meaningful data, the feeds must originate at the source of the data. They have to come from the bitcoin exchanges. You can make whatever aggregated bitcoin price you want, but if the input data is not reliable, then the output is meaningless.

MP had 2 complaints about the bitcoincharts data feed:

1. Some small exchange pushed doge data instead of BTC data
2. They didn't remove Mt. Gox after they shut down trading

Neither complaint was about something that couldn't easily be fixed. If an exchange pushed an oddly large volume without other exchanges also pushing a larger volume, the data could be flagged and checked. The Mt. Gox news was impossible to miss, so there's no excuse for that.

There was no mention of bitstamp/btc-e/whatever not having reliable data.
niothor

Activity: 826

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:44:27 AM

Actually , with the amount of piracy and the really fast connection , movies are getting pretty fast here.
PS. I don't approve his language , behavior , etc. , don't make it general for all the people in this landfill Smiley

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:35:07 PM

Actually , with the amount of piracy and the really fast connection , movies are getting pretty fast here.
PS. I don't approve his language , behavior , etc. , don't make it general for all the people in this landfill Smiley
When I think of Romania this comes to my mind Cheesy Now imagine "your God" sitting in front of his castle.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:00:20 PM

so there's no excuse for that

OTOH it's not like the feed operators owe anyone jackshit.

niothor

Activity: 826

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:10:28 PM

When I think of Romania this comes to my mind Cheesy Now imagine "your God" sitting in front of his castle.

Common , we're known also for hookers , post that instead. I'm getting sick when i remember those "castles"
Also:

And I always thought that gypsies come to Romania from India not Egypt.

I was the first one to post this in this thread , but I don't consider him a gypsy because of his look or race but because of his crappy attitude and language.

ps.
Do you know that mos of those houses don't have real bathrooms or if they have they are not connected to running water?
And most of times , even if they have 20 rooms they sleep and eat in only one or two? No joke....

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄