Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:50:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherum - transaction time low fee.  (Read 49 times)
cho3n1 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:15:32 PM

Hello
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x6a38c899871b483a8ffc1e3fc248f48641f56bf83352fc1998bc8035c5fdce5b

When should this transaction be done? it was sent 6h ago
fee is low, but it was automaticaly selected and i added one zero to make it faster
cho3n1 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:29:33 PM

anobody?
Maet1212

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:35:27 PM

anobody?

According to this calculator https://ethgasstation.info/calculatorTxV.php your transaction will take on average 4 hours because of the low gas price you used. If you had payed 40 Gwei, it would have taken a bit more than 10 minutes.

I would recommend using that calculator to decide what gas price to use in the future.
cho3n1 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:36:32 PM

anobody?

According to this calculator https://ethgasstation.info/calculatorTxV.php your transaction will take on average 4 hours because of the low gas price you used. If you had payed 40 Gwei, it would have taken a bit more than 10 minutes.

I would recommend using that calculator to decide what gas price to use in the future.

But i sent it 6h ago so it should be done already, right?
Maet1212

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:44:51 PM

I am guessing that you submitted the transaction from an exchange 6 hours ago and it was only actually added to the Eth queue 20 minutes ago (that's what the explorer indicates). The exchange might be bogged down and only just submitted it. You should expect it to take another ~4 to 6 hours before it processes if the calculator I cited is accurate.

As long as you sent it to the correct address, I wouldn't sweat it. The transaction is not going to disappear, it will just take a while due to the low gas price.

It looks like you can resubmit the transaction with a higher gas price that should solve your problem. I have not looked at it carefully but this may be helpful https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/72tctz/guide_how_to_cancel_a_pending_transaction/.

If you do resubmit with a higher gas price, try using like 80 Gwei so it is transacted very quickly!
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:47:11 PM

You already got the answer in there, you putted a low fee in there, only the God of Ethereum knows when that is really going to get confirmed by the blochchain.
fee is low, but it was automaticaly selected and i added one zero to make it faster
I am not using ethereum anymore because of that, well, i am storing ERC20 tokens, but if you want to make a simple ethereum transaction, you will need to pay more than $5 worth of fees, that is a lot compared to one month fees.

And the times that you need to wait to see that transaction on the blockchain are insane, probably it can even be compared with the long times that you need to pay for bitcoins.

Even bitcoin tx's are more faster if you put a high fee on there.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
Maet1212

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:51:25 PM

I am guessing that you submitted the transaction from an exchange 6 hours ago and it was only actually added to the Eth queue 20 minutes ago (that's what the explorer indicates). The exchange might be bogged down and only just submitted it. You should expect it to take another ~4 to 6 hours before it processes if the calculator I cited is accurate.

As long as you sent it to the correct address, I wouldn't sweat it. The transaction is not going to disappear, it will just take a while due to the low gas price.

It looks like you can resubmit the transaction with a higher gas price that should solve your problem. I have not looked at it carefully but this may be helpful https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/72tctz/guide_how_to_cancel_a_pending_transaction/.

If you do resubmit with a higher gas price, try using like 80 Gwei so it is transacted very quickly!

The process to override the gas price with a higher one seems very straight forward after reading over it. I suggest you carefully follow those directions with a Gwei price of 80 that will allow it to complete in ~30 seconds. Be careful to use the right web page (avoid phishing), and to set the gas limit amply high (having the gas limit too low can get the transaction thrown out. 210000 like you did should guarantee it processes I THINK, but you may want to check).

If you're freaking out right now, maybe come back and do it later when you're calm so you don't make any mistakes. Good luck!
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:02:19 PM

Hello
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x6a38c899871b483a8ffc1e3fc248f48641f56bf83352fc1998bc8035c5fdce5b

Hi, if you are only sending your transaction to another wallet address and you must try to replace your transaction with the more fees. I have the same problem with you but basically if you are making another new transaction and you will be only lost your gas amount in your old transaction.
The gas station calculator is not 100% accurate. It may better to do your own research through talking about that with another person. But i'm not suggest you to replace your transaction if you are sending it to the exchange site.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
cho3n1 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:06:04 PM

Thanks for help
this is probably because exchange is closed so i should get it by tommorow morning
Maet1212

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:19:40 PM

Thanks for help
this is probably because exchange is closed so i should get it by tommorow morning

It looks like your transaction was cancelled, hopefully everything worked out! The Ether gas system is very convoluted for newcomers, it's surprising to me that they do not have a heavily encouraged default gas price that constantly updates.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: