Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:03:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wikileaks Blocked Once Again  (Read 3341 times)
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 12:58:42 PM

I kind of like the graphic, but maybe just a tiny bitcoin somewhere on their logo would suffice rather than defacing what people are used to. Bitcoins are great, but I think just a small emblem in the corner would look much cleaner.
Agree. I think the earth-sized bitcoin dripping over the earth is scary Smiley It has a very megalomaniac feel to it.

It was only a month ago our so they either stopped or didn't recommend BTC due to the market swings. Now BTC are listed as the first recommended donation option. How quickly things can change.
The world is changing very, very fast.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phungus

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

I'm doin' fine on cloud 9

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 01:21:05 PM

Question:  Why does Wikileaks need a lot of funding in the first place?

Have you ever successfully defended an online network of public servers, protecting sensitive information that almost every government spook agency and top-tier hacker in the world has on their target list?

I can imagine that it takes some cash, on top of some seriously dedicated volunteer effort, especially when your organization has been partially dismantled by psycho ops campaigns, and parts of your sensitive, critical systems have been sabotaged by insiders and need to be rebuilt.

Imagine trying to stay in communication with each other, in a clandestine way, spread out over the globe, and keeping something like that running.

Maybe they need crypto capability on those iPhones.

I can do stuff
pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:57:18 PM

This is tremendously good for bitcoin. La raison d'etre!

People from North America and Europe rarely feel the pain of the political banking regime. People and nations are left out of the system, now there is an alternative.

There is a tremendous amount of unstable fiat wealth in South America, Africa, India, China, and the Middle East that will be converted into bitcoin wealth in the not too distant future.

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
tonygal

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:04:12 PM

I kind of like the graphic, but maybe just a tiny bitcoin somewhere on their logo would suffice.

I agree.  Just put small bitcoins in the drops falling through the middle.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:49:26 PM

I kind of like the graphic, but maybe just a tiny bitcoin somewhere on their logo would suffice.

I agree.  Just put small bitcoins in the drops falling through the middle.

Interesting idea. Don't the drop represent the leaks though ... bitcoins leaking out to the world?

Maybe put the bitcoins going into a slot in the top? ... Bitcoins in, public transparency leaks out kind of thing ...

Atom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 12:34:46 AM

Yes, to build on that I think maybe better to recolor the Bitcoin portion as that valuable "Gold" hue we've got in most of the branding... From where I sit, that automatically implies value when ascribed to a coin-like object, wheras the current blue-on-blue design is ambiguous as best.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 12:42:05 AM

I think all of you shoud put your money where you mouth is. Donate a small amount to Wikileaks, even 0.01 btc would help. They could then anonymously trade it for cash with someone and no government will have any way to track it. You can also get a personal adress to donate to if you're very wary about security issues.
Atom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 12:52:44 AM

they're 3BTC off having recieved 400BTC in donations at their main address
1HB5XMLmzFVj8ALj6mfBsbifRoD4miY36v

Maybe help 'em over the hurdle?

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 05:06:06 AM

I kind of like the graphic, but maybe just a tiny bitcoin somewhere on their logo would suffice rather than defacing what people are used to. Bitcoins are great, but I think just a small emblem in the corner would look much cleaner.

I was actually just intending the little one to be near where they ask for bitcoin donations. The big one might be good if there was a whole page devoted to bitcoin or an article or something. By all means redesign and remix. And I still can't find contact info, am I blind?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: