Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:14:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you report mining income with Suprnova?  (Read 183 times)
PovertyByte (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:53:59 AM

I was reading on the mining tax policy and it looks like you are expected to report how much you earned from each individual block reward you receive. When you use some pools that hold a wallet l(ike suprnova for example) that you can can cash out manually, wouldn't it than be recognized that you just earned as you made your cashout rather than filing for every individual block instead?
paintballrefjosh

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:25:47 AM

That's how we are doing it.  Once the coins hit our wallet we report the income at that time.  You can get that information off SuprNova.cc under My Account -> Transactions -> Type = Debit_AP or Debit_MP (auto payout vs manual payout).  And this is per coin.
Riptide_NVN

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:47:29 AM

I keep track of how many coins I make over a two week period.  Multiply that number by the highest value the coin reached over that two weeks. Then claim that number as my income for the two week period.

It is lazy and it costs me extra in taxes. It is simpler and easier to track.

The whole tax situation is ridiculous making us claim each block reward as income. Nothing we can do about it sadly.
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:05:11 AM

Report income? What's that?  Huh

Juuuuuust kidding.  Wink
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:43:36 AM

Sounds like a lot of hassle trying to report every small detail, it should just be fiat in vs fiat out for investments and for mining it should just be the amount of the coin once converted to fiat the tax is due on that amount offset against electricity/equipment cost etc.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Riptide_NVN

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:43:34 PM

Yes it is we todd ed.  To the max.

If your mining all day and getting dozens of payouts you literally need to record every last one and the market value for each at time of payout. This is what they want.

They are dumb.
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:56:35 PM

Sounds like a lot of hassle trying to report every small detail, it should just be fiat in vs fiat out for investments and for mining it should just be the amount of the coin once converted to fiat the tax is due on that amount offset against electricity/equipment cost etc.
+1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: