Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to end the "BTC Civil War" before it gets worse?  (Read 1082 times)
dietmarfritz59

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:04:38 PM

The Bitcoin community is deeply divided
Transactions take too long
fees are way too high
no real end in sight.

Note: This topic is about Peace not War.
Seriously, how to end the "BTC Civil War" before it gets worse?
I think a wider adoption of Bitcoin would create a higher demand. With the higher demand would come in competition to give better results. I believe this will slowly happen until crytpo currency is the main form of fiat.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:39:52 AM

I have read important views and how to go about it but from my point of view is the beginning of the situation is when the BCH fork happen because before then, all we do is complain and complain about how situation of things are but nobody was thinking of taking sides. The only competition was between bitcoin and ETH but at the outbreak of the fork then we see infighting with people taking sides.

Solution to the problem is what I will agree with what Darkstar_ propounded because every other options will only be temporary while having a body to regulate will defeat decentralization. The moment the lightning network is done to have maximum adoption, lots of issue surrounding bitcoin is 70% solved while we live with the rest.
jets567

Activity: 1008
Merit: 511

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:28:53 PM

There's nothing we can do as long as people have different ideas, opinion or agenda. But we can fix bitcoin problem by adopting/promoting SegWit and LN (yes, very few services use LN now).
Increasing block weight also needed since people don't want pay high fees to open LN channel and more people will adopt Bitcoin in future.

totally agree on this, i mean that's what make us people. The diversity itself, i believe the FUDs we are hearing are relevant in some ways if deeply think of it. I believe there will be no competition and growth for the crypto society if there are no such things like this.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:20:27 AM

I have read important views and how to go about it but from my point of view is the beginning of the situation is when the BCH fork happen because before then, all we do is complain and complain about how situation of things are but nobody was thinking of taking sides. The only competition was between bitcoin and ETH but at the outbreak of the fork then we see infighting with people taking sides.

Solution to the problem is what I will agree with what Darkstar_ propounded because every other options will only be temporary while having a body to regulate will defeat decentralization. The moment the lightning network is done to have maximum adoption, lots of issue surrounding bitcoin is 70% solved while we live with the rest.

What will this body to regulate do?
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:46:25 PM

fees are way too high
no real end in sight.

I don't think that bitcoin community is deeply divided
we are online and people express their opinion but it doesn't mean that the community is divided
maybe people are a little frustrated but it is normal, this is a big revolution and bitcoin is the game changer
all the focus is on bitcoin

everybody knows that lighting network is operative now that it means veeery low fees and fe seconds transactions

just be patient and HODL!
kaliukvictoriya42

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:50:20 PM

I am confident that Bitcoin will scale in the right way given time. But people can be quite impatient.
 Smiley
mickymax777

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

Cryptologist

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:26:04 AM

I've only been in the crypto space for two years now. I enjoy the various altcoin projects BUT when it comes to BTC I'm a purest. I see the code as the most beautiful creation, we can use the lightning network or use other BTC forks or any other coin for payment purposes.

BTC is and will always be the MASTER, yes there are substantially better payment options but at the core of the cryptocurrency is BTC.

krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:22:34 PM

fees are way too high
no real end in sight.

I don't think that bitcoin community is deeply divided
we are online and people express their opinion but it doesn't mean that the community is divided
maybe people are a little frustrated but it is normal, this is a big revolution and bitcoin is the game changer
all the focus is on bitcoin

everybody knows that lighting network is operative now that it means veeery low fees and fe seconds transactions

just be patient and HODL!

The community is divided that's why the bcash forked bitcoin.
Bazinga442

Activity: 222
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:05:31 PM

People need to Start being accountable for whatever transaction that occurs in the field of bitcoin and with this can boost confidence of those who are hoping to have bitcoin their choice of crypto currency
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:33:18 PM

fees are way too high
no real end in sight.

People are confused, even long term holders forced to sell in the BCH fork. The Bitcoin community is deeply divided , no I should say the crypto community!! I think this is not just a civil war, the problem is loud and clear, and the solution is the development of the blockchain.
Technology is an ever changing thing, unless we don't achieve the perfect digital money, the war (this) won't end.

My hands are tied
The billions shift from side to side
And the wars go on with brainwashed pride *** humming continues....
-Guns N' Roses – Civil War
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:25:32 AM
Merited by Yanisumin (1)

in times of war bitcoin goes die for my opinion, the reason why is in times of war all power supply around the world possible to shutdown bitcoin is using the internet connection if the all system down bitcoin goes die, not only a bitcoin i think have  possble end of the world if the wars begins.
civil war is on the bible prediction if have civil war the world have possibility to gone and all people also die.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:19:52 AM
Merited by rodel caling (1)

in times of war bitcoin goes die for my opinion, the reason why is in times of war all power supply around the world possible to shutdown bitcoin is using the internet connection if the all system down bitcoin goes die, not only a bitcoin i think have  possble end of the world if the wars begins.
civil war is on the bible prediction if have civil war the world have possibility to gone and all people also die.

This thread is not for war and I can't correlate what you are saying to the main topic. You should read again the whole thread mate. Wink This is more like a "cold war in cryptocurrency world".
LibraryAnn (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:19:38 PM

You cannot end it. The fork has happened and the two coins have gone their seperate ways.

That is a useful distinction, and the "two major coins" are one type of division. For the ongoing, media-hyped "Bitcoin Civil War" we still have:

(from the OP)
"The Bitcoin community is deeply divided
fees are way too high"...

I understand some solutions are in progress. Part of this "Serious discussion" is over my head, so there is a chance to expand and learn.
Peace.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:11:22 AM

This thread is not for war and I can't correlate what you are saying to the main topic. You should read again the whole thread mate. Wink This is more like a "cold war in cryptocurrency world".

thank you for the clarification mate sorry for my wrong interpretation about the topic. but for my opinion war is war nothing good effect even in the cryptocurrency world have big possibility bitcoin die.
LibraryAnn (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 07:47:59 PM

Google: "BTC Civil War"  /  Top 3 results

1) How to end the "BTC Civil War" before it gets worse? - Bitcoin Forum
https://bitcointalk.org › ... › How to end the "BTC Civil War" before it gets worse?

2) Op-Ed: The Bitcoin Cash 'Hash War' was Never [Just ... - CCN.com
https://www.ccn.com › News

3) I'm tired of BTC Civil war : Monero - Reddit
Nov 19, 2018 - To put it bluntly: While the outcome was likely inevitable, Bitcoin Cash lost the BTC civil war the moment its proponents began referring to it as ...
I'm tired of BTC Civil war : Monero - Reddit...

I have been away from BTC for too long, is the "BTC Civil War" over now?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: