Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KodakCoin ICO  (Read 837 times)
lelam (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:20:10 AM

Hieee!!

Woke up this morning and downing my cup of morning coffee as I'm reading the news. Then I saw this:

Kodak currency
Kodak's other initiative, the KodakCoin, is being created as part of an effort to build a global ledger of picture rights ownership that photographers can add their work to.

Associated KodakOne software will be used to crawl the web and find pictures that have been used without permission.

The company said it would then "manage the licensing process," so the photographer can be paid, in KodakCoin.

"Kodak has always sought to democratise photography and make licensing fair to artists," said Kodak chief executive Jeff Clarke.

"These technologies give the photography community an innovative and easy way to do just that."

The company's shares traded more than 130% above their opening price after the announcement before closing the day 119.4% higher.

But one expert had doubts.

"Storing the information in a blockchain doesn't protect your copyright any more than copyright law already does," commented David Gerard, author of Attack of the 50ft Blockchain.

"Notice how they're marketing it: they state a problem, then say the blockchain can solve it. But there's no mechanism by which the blockchain could do that.

"This doesn't do anything that signing up for Shutterstock or Getty Images wouldn't."

Even so, some think Kodak will not be the last household name to associate itself with an ICO.

"I expect we are going to see more major brands releasing their own tokens and currencies to support various products and services," commented Mr Hileman.

"It's something many big companies are thinking very hard about."
source: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42630136

More info:
https://www.coindesk.com/kodak-launching-cryptocurrency-photographers/

Sounds pretty good. I know there's already POET coin for this similar purpose, but Kodak has brand value. Although it was a failed photography company (for failing to adapt digital cameras during the early boom) and had filed bankruptcy some time ago, its brand name is still trustable and loved by photographers.

On the other news, I am happy that Kodak is finally making initiatives to new markets to be profitable again (Make Kodak Great Again).

I've signed up for their newsletter to receive updates about this ICO. You can sign up here if you want:
https://www.kodak.com/kodakone/default.htm

P.S: I've also included the drawbacks of the coin as it has a point. So it is up to you to decide whether it would be a hit or not :p
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
madcult

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:23:09 AM

Looks interesting

What I don't get, is why in the team is noone from Kodak?
joelembiid

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:29:44 AM

a very strong company. I registered immediately
Dancing_Coin
Copper Member

Activity: 602
Merit: 22

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:21:21 AM

Hello there!

So it's not their official thread yet?

❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱          O W N R   W A L L E T      |     Buy crypto at reasonable rates     |     BTC, ETH & other coins          ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱            TWITTER       FACEBOOK          ✔ Licensed service          TELEGRAM   INSTAGRAM            ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
●     Store, send, receive and exchange crypto     |     VISA   ●● mastercard   S€PA   [[[] UnionPay     ●
dxbcoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:51:03 PM

I really cant wait for this ICO
Catost

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 05:09:12 PM

I think it's quite an interesting project. Nowadays, copyrights are often broken. Kodak is anyway a well-known brand and their idea might become popular.

But one expert had doubts.

"Storing the information in a blockchain doesn't protect your copyright any more than copyright law already does," commented David Gerard, author of Attack of the 50ft Blockchain.

"Notice how they're marketing it: they state a problem, then say the blockchain can solve it. But there's no mechanism by which the blockchain could do that.

"This doesn't do anything that signing up for Shutterstock or Getty Images wouldn't."

I think Kodak is such a serious company that they definitely have a concept of using blockhain to protect copyrights.

███████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
b20lopez

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:16:32 PM

More and more established companies are starting to launch their own ICOs nowadays Cheesy
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 02:15:14 AM

So where do you get this coin?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Cryptotradenz

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:22:54 AM

Gold, Kodak trying to stay relevant ..... I think it might have some legs to it. Big and and all
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:54:32 PM

Gold, Kodak trying to stay relevant ..... I think it might have some legs to it. Big and and all
ICO only... boooo. Angry I'm not touching that corporate s*it.
rain_wins

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:57:39 PM

This is going to be huge . Kodak know what there are doing and will solve one of the most common problem in photography. The Copyrights.
Hakamura

Activity: 294
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:02:36 PM

where can read about this company?
the name is loud, it would be cool if they launched ICO
deepblue01

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 05:37:50 PM

kodak raising from the dead and offering his kodakcoin for investor.
well they are really need money for his project, whatever it is. investor will need to do more research before investing for this kodakcoin
speculation will be only ended with dead penalty
zool2003

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

Joe's Signatureless Challenge

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:03:31 AM

Looks interesting

What I don't get, is why in the team is noone from Kodak?

I read an article reading that this came about from another ICO tha was dropped through lack of interest before it was due to go live and it’s possibly the same team but rebranded as KodakOne? Probably just Kodak Licensing allowing people to use their brand.

I would still like to keep an eye on how well it does when it starts at the end of the month.

▬▬▬ I'm part of a movement to help make the forums a better place and free it of spam:▬▬▬
█ █  http://bit.ly/SigFree  █ █
Dxlike

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:07:40 AM

could you provide me with more detailed information about this ICO?
Nwaghor4u

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:12:49 AM

Is this the Kodak cooperation. If yes interesting. More work to be done
robinhande

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:14:36 PM

in technically, Kodak has the ability to achieve the goal, but is this project really related to Kodak?
zool2003

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

Joe's Signatureless Challenge

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:01:41 PM

in technically, Kodak has the ability to achieve the goal, but is this project really related to Kodak?

I think there are 2 parts to it.

One is their platform for copyright material.

The other is renting out space to mine. It looks like they have spare space and power and they are going to let people rent mining equipment off them.

Not sure why they wouldn’t just mine themselves though?

▬▬▬ I'm part of a movement to help make the forums a better place and free it of spam:▬▬▬
█ █  http://bit.ly/SigFree  █ █
vladivostokom

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:32:06 AM

very strong company. I registered immediately
gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:11:38 PM

When will be pre-sale or main sale? is there an official ANN thread? And how to partipiciate in token sale? When will be opened whitelist?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: