Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:38:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I open wallet file from a different computer.  (Read 660 times)
krishatnet (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:59:49 PM

I am new to bitcoins. I have created wallet using multibit. Can I open my wallet file from a different computer. What file is need for that.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
godkas

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Beta Launch - First game available for play.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 06:16:50 PM

In order to open a wallet from another location you need your wallet.dat file and the password used to encrypt the wallet.

infobiactrader

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:53:31 AM

On a mac its tools --> Export private keys and then on the other computer import them.  I'm not sure if its different for windows/linux.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:57:30 AM

You should always have a backup of you wallet.dat file anyways, otherwise you have the risk of permanently loosing all your Bitcoins.

The question where to save a backup (+explanation why) is something that should IMO be implemented in the client.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
lunaa

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 12:51:31 PM

In order to open a wallet from another location you need your wallet.dat file and the password used to encrypt the wallet.

Then go to tools > export . And choose your wallet.dat file. It will ask you to enter your password used to encrypt it.

Best regards.
tschimske

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:53:47 PM

Or you use a online wallet like http://www.bitsafe.at/

That is the best because then you cannot loose them (except the provider makes a mistake but I think such a service is secure)

Regards,
Tim
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:55:50 PM

Or you use a online wallet like http://www.bitsafe.at/

That is the best because then you cannot loose them (except the provider makes a mistake but I think such a service is secure)

Regards,
Tim

Hahahhahahahahahah. No.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: