Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:37:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on Building a new Blockchain/Currency?  (Read 61 times)
OnesAndZeroes (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:05:59 AM

As an exercise I am planning on building a new open source blockchain/currency completely from scratch in Java.

Rather than be one of the many clones of Bitcoin, this will be something new.

My question to you guys is: which features do you think the blockchain/currency should support?
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:20:36 AM

Please ask yourself this before you start your project: will this currency fulfill a need that isn't already fulfilled by one of the thousands of other cryptos? I doubt the answer will be yes.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 04:29:20 AM

You should consider building a new unique Blockchain network that is capable of carrying out faster transactions that are much faster than bitcoin protocol and also contain billion of users globally. The name of currency should the one that is superb in nature cutting across boundaries.

player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:33:14 AM

As an exercise I am planning on building a new open source blockchain/currency completely from scratch in Java.

My question to you guys is: which features do you think the blockchain/currency should support?

You could create a coin that's based on public areas. I'm not sure if this is done yet, but maybe something to pay for parking garages? When in a downtown area, at least where I live, there are some annoying things about the parking situation, and many people don't keep quarters on them. They're basically screwed if they want to park or they have to find somewhere else to park. Maybe if there's some solution to that issue in a coin that's rooted in your phone itself, it could be a potential solution.

I get ideas from thinking about how an every-day situation can be sped up/improved. Maybe this advice can help you out, pm me if you want some other ideas too.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
theHappiest

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:39:43 AM

You could create a coin that's based on public areas. I'm not sure if this is done yet, but maybe something to pay for parking garages? When in a downtown area, at least where I live, there are some annoying things about the parking situation, and many people don't keep quarters on them. They're basically screwed if they want to park or they have to find somewhere else to park. Maybe if there's some solution to that issue in a coin that's rooted in your phone itself, it could be a potential solution.

I get ideas from thinking about how an every-day situation can be sped up/improved. Maybe this advice can help you out, pm me if you want some other ideas too.
I think you guys should take into consideration that 90% of the ICOs and there tokens are just scam. So we have almost  nothing to use. What you think?
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:46:33 AM

My thought that you must try to think what your target to build a new blockchain. There is a project that builds the blockchain from scratch. you must complete what's purpose of your blockchain. If that's only to grab your investor money and forget it. you must come with something new rather than to do the similar way with another project.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:59:11 AM

So what is the specific role of this token that you want to create? Or just to get new money? Huh

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
(Melania)

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:27:56 AM

Do you know that people in your city would use a coin to pay for parking their cars?
I think you guys should take into consideration that 90% of the ICOs and there tokens are just scam. So we have almost  nothing to use. What you think?
ICOs are only a thing here, outside of this forum no one knows about them.
OnesAndZeroes (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:06:54 AM

Please ask yourself this before you start your project: will this currency fulfill a need that isn't already fulfilled by one of the thousands of other cryptos? I doubt the answer will be yes.

That's part of the reason I posted here to ask users what they feel might be missing.  I'm assuming it hasn't all been done yet.
OnesAndZeroes (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:22:20 AM

My thought that you must try to think what your target to build a new blockchain. There is a project that builds the blockchain from scratch. you must complete what's purpose of your blockchain. If that's only to grab your investor money and forget it. you must come with something new rather than to do the similar way with another project.

Ideally I would like to create a solution that would benefit society.  I am financially independent and have no interest in investor capital.

I have a background in AI and app development.  Perhaps some sort of mobile aspect as suggested by @player514.

I'd love to figure out a useful POW algorithm as well.  I'm thinking of how perhaps the POW could help to train AI or solve scientific problems.  Open to other ideas of course.
OnesAndZeroes (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:43:46 AM

Found this to be a useful read for those considering creating a new coin or just curious about the technology:

https://medium.com/@preethikasireddy/fundamental-challenges-with-public-blockchains-253c800e9428
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: