Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:47:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a 10BTC loan! | 5% interest per month. | Escrow.  (Read 1862 times)
xanto (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:24:45 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 09:50:58 AM by xanto

CANCELED
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 05:29:13 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 05:45:48 PM by DiamondCardz

Note: This person is also known as fontas on CoinChat. (not the same fontas from forum.litecoin)

He briefed me on the idea the day before today and it sounds good, although I didn't give him a loan. This person is not Joey and has given away multiple Bitcoins away on CoinChat, but does not currently have the funds for this.

His gambling site is basically based off of Just-Dice, with a higher house edge and some cool new features which explain the higher house edge.

Disclaimer: I am not the OP and do not take responsibility for the loan, he asked me to post this. As always, pay your due diligence, this isn't some notice that he is guaranteed to not default

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:49:29 PM

Note: This person is also known as fontas on CoinChat. (not the same fontas from forum.litecoin)

He briefed me on the idea the day before today and it sounds good, although I didn't give him a loan. This person is not Joey and has given away multiple Bitcoins away on CoinChat, but does not currently have the funds for this.

His gambling site is basically based off of Just-Dice, with a higher house edge and some cool new features which explain the higher house edge.

Disclaimer: I am not the OP and do not take responsibility for the loan, he asked me to post this. As always, pay your due diligence, this isn't some notice that he is guaranteed to not default
And if the site does not become successful how will he pay for this? Diamondcardz we both know he must have collateral especially being a newbie to even get a bitcoin here. Good luck with your idea but honestly if you don't have the funds, offer to sell your idea. Its your best chance of making anything honestly.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:51:07 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119896.0

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 05:52:56 PM

And if the site does not become successful how will he pay for this? Diamondcardz we both know he must have collateral especially being a newbie to even get a bitcoin here. Good luck with your idea but honestly if you don't have the funds, offer to sell your idea. Its your best chance of making anything honestly.

My view is probably slightly biased, of course - I've seen this person give away hundreds of dollars to people before.

Disclaimer #2: I do not endorse this loan, I was asked to post this as a favor, although the info I gave there is honest info. The OP is a friend of mine on CoinChat.

Boelens

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:25:27 PM

I would like to say, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I've known and chatted with this person, this dice game adds no new features, which on itself is not so bad, but the 5% interest rate a month is nowehere near guaranteed. This person needs this money to pay his developer because he lost 16BTC in gambling on dice sites. Fontas is going to hate me for this but I rather save someone 10 BTC than keep my reputation with him good. Sorry, Fontas.

Disclaimer: This person is not actually Fontas.

EDIT: Also, the only collateral he offers is his rainbow chat colour on coinchat.
xanto (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:28:44 PM

I would like to say, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I've known and chatted with this person, this dice game adds no new features, which on itself is not so bad, but the 5% interest rate a month is nowehere near guaranteed. This person needs this money to pay his developer because he lost 16BTC in gambling on dice sites. Fontas is going to hate me for this but I rather save someone 10 BTC than keep my reputation with him good. Sorry, Fontas.

EDIT: Also, the only collateral he offers is his rainbow chat colour on coinchat.

I wont hate you for this, but to make people more comfortable the money will not be handled by me. And yes, my only collateral is the rainbow font on CoinChat. I wish I had something else to offer than trust but I don't, Sorry.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 06:39:01 PM

I wont hate you for this, but to make people more comfortable the money will not be handled by me. And yes, my only collateral is the rainbow font on CoinChat. I wish I had something else to offer than trust but I don't, Sorry.

Both statements are true, I can confirm both of them.

Boelens

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:39:16 PM

Who is the holder?
xanto (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:52:13 PM

Who is the holder?
My partner will, he goes under the name "eafdeafd" on CoinChat.

EDIT: I will open a two factor login on blockchain, eafdeafd and I must input both factors to be able to login.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:58:56 PM

Who is the holder?
Absolutely not, The escrow holder is not going to be someone such as your "partner"

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
xanto (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:06:57 PM

Who is the holder?
Absolutely not, The escrow holder is not going to be someone such as your "partner"
I agree, it sounded stupid. I guess I will have to think of another solution.
Boelens

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:12:04 PM

Who is the holder?

A trusted escrow like John K would work.
xanto (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:13:24 PM

Who is the holder?

A trusted escrow like John K would work.

Would John K hold the money until I got a a reason to use them? I thought escrows was only for item sales.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 07:23:18 PM

I will escrow, if you trust me enough.

xanto (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:25:14 PM

Well, depends on the lenders. They want their coins secure.
Boelens

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:25:46 PM

It's much better using a known escrow with a lot of reputation, I feel my BTC would be much safer there than with DiamondCardz.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 07:29:35 PM

It's much better using a known escrow with a lot of reputation, I feel my BTC would be much safer there than with DiamondCardz.

Yeah, totally understandable. I'd consider my coins more safe with an escrow such as John K instead of in my control, myself.  Wink

xanto (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:32:15 PM

Yeah, totally understandable. I'd consider my coins more safe with an escrow such as John K instead of in my control, myself.  Wink
Do John K require fees? What's the minimum amount, is there any thread about his service?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 07:49:35 PM

Do John K require fees? What's the minimum amount, is there any thread about his service?

He'd probably take 0.1 or 0.2 BTC.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: