Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:21:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Co-Founder: the Coin Will “Definitely Be Among Top 3 Cryptos in 2018”  (Read 135 times)
seoulfood (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:25:08 AM

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/interview/iota-co-founder-coin-will-definitely-among-top-3-cryptos-2018/

Just in case you guys missed this one. They are in a slump right now because of all of that MIT FUD. I hope you will all give them a shot. I love these guys and hope they blow past the competition in 2018.  Grin
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:03:47 AM

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/interview/iota-co-founder-coin-will-definitely-among-top-3-cryptos-2018/

Just in case you guys missed this one. They are in a slump right now because of all of that MIT FUD. I hope you will all give them a shot. I love these guys and hope they blow past the competition in 2018.  Grin

DCI is not MIT.

hukaze

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:25:47 AM

Just in case you guys missed this one. They are in a slump right now because of all of that MIT FUD. I hope you will all give them a shot. I love these guys and hope they blow past the competition in 2018.  Grin

DCI is not MIT.

"Because the DCI falls under the umbrella of the well-respected Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the general public unwittingly sees DCI as a formidable academic institution — this despite being only loosely connected to the university and having published very little peer-reviewed academic work."

People see DCI as MIT.. This is a perception that needs to be dealt with..
hukaze

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:33:32 AM

https://blog.iota.org/official-iota-foundation-response-to-the-digital-currency-initiative-at-the-mit-media-lab-part-1-72434583a2

If you read the entire response in the link above (there are 4 parts) it quickly becomes clear that this was not handled well by DCI.
themaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:55:11 AM

IOTA is a scam coin.

Binance Account - Get 10% discount on fees!
Don't you have a Binance account yet?
Register using this referral link and get a 10% discount on fees for all your trades!
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:56:56 AM

I think IOTA could well be up there this year along with some other coins which are equally if not better put together such as BLOCK, XRB, NEBL and there are others also I think will do equally as well as IOTA
Flode

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:03:25 AM

IOTA is a great coin, I also think it will be among the top3 in 2018 Smiley
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 10:34:15 AM

IOTA is a scam coin.

You should fact check FUD and then you won't look like an idiot for reposting it. That article is the typical throw-shit-against-a-wall-attacks used when you can't manage to find a valid strike point.

https://blog.iota.org/iotas-data-marketplace-setting-the-record-straight-576fbf0b4513

https://blog.iota.org/official-iota-foundation-response-to-the-digital-currency-initiative-at-the-mit-media-lab-part-1-72434583a2

I sleep better knowing you lose sleep over IOTA replacing whatever legacy coin you are invested in.

koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:30:08 AM

Honestly, IOTA has violated the first rule of cryptography.

Its meant to be a peer-reviewed process that filters out all the issues.

The IOTA community also doesn't handle criticism very well, which is not something that I like to see.

When all the technical experts in the world tell me there are red flags everywhere, I refrain from buying this coin and so should you.

I do, however, hope I will be proven wrong and look forward to their developments
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:48:25 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 12:00:40 PM by generalizethis

Just in case you guys missed this one. They are in a slump right now because of all of that MIT FUD. I hope you will all give them a shot. I love these guys and hope they blow past the competition in 2018.  Grin

The IOTA community also doesn't handle criticism very well, which is not something that I like to see.

When all the technical experts in the world tell me there are red flags everywhere, I refrain from buying this coin and so should you.

I do, however, hope I will be proven wrong and look forward to their developments

So you didn't bother to read--they never violated a rule of cryptography. The Foundation's rebuttal points out that the "cryptographic vulnerability" described by MIT Media Lab basically requires an attacker to simultaneously know things they can't know, do things they can't do, then convince a user with an extremely high degree of technical proficiency to intentionally sabotage themselves.

Those same experts shit on every crypto that enters the top ten without their blessing, so take it with a grain of salt. Both Lee and Todd overreacted to Monero when it was first brought to their attention and have since changed their stance--is this because they eventually saw the light or are content Monero is not a direct threat is anyone's guess. Whenever there is a vested interest, it's hard to separate fact from fiction, even by those who would identify themselves as honest.

What's great about IOTA is that it doesn't need this good ol boys club of crypto to bless them--enough corporations with interest in seeing IOT develop in their lifetimes trumps early adopters and their agendas.

As for taking criticism badly--some of us hate misinformation more than how we might look criticizing it.

At the end of the day, none of this matters as the better product will win, always--one of the tenets of cryptocurrency is that it can be analytically proven which is best and you don't have to trust an authority to validate what you should use. I'm just getting annoyed with how much bullshit I have to sling through to get at the reality. I feel like a lot of people owe me my research time back and I'll be glad if they are the ones who suffer because of their willingness to engage in a smear campaign.

moofie

Activity: 66
Merit: 50

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:54:16 PM

So you didn't bother to read--they never violated a rule of cryptography. The Foundation's rebuttal points out that the "cryptographic vulnerability" described by MIT Media Lab basically requires an attacker to simultaneously know things they can't know, do things they can't do, then convince a user with an extremely high degree of technical proficiency to intentionally sabotage themselves.

Those same experts shit on every crypto that enters the top ten without their blessing, so take it with a grain of salt. Both Lee and Todd overreacted to Monero when it was first brought to their attention and have since changed their stance--is this because they eventually saw the light or are content Monero is not a direct threat is anyone's guess. Whenever there is a vested interest, it's hard to separate fact from fiction, even by those who would identify themselves as honest.

What's great about IOTA is that it doesn't need this good ol boys club of crypto to bless them--enough corporations with interest in seeing IOT develop in their lifetimes trumps early adopters and their agendas.

As for taking criticism badly--some of us hate misinformation more than how we might look criticizing it.

At the end of the day, none of this matters as the better product will win, always--one of the tenets of cryptocurrency is that it can be analytically proven which is best and you don't have to trust an authority to validate what you should use. I'm just getting annoyed with how much bullshit I have to sling through to get at the reality. I feel like a lot of people owe me my research time back and I'll be glad if they are the ones who suffer because of their willingness to engage in a smear campaign.

Amen!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: