Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:09:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kodak starts bitcoin mining + launches KodakCoin  (Read 623 times)
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:42:51 PM

good news to crypto world ,  Kodak Company is an American technology in imaging filed so it's good to hear that and it's support bitcoin and the other crypto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:50:25 PM

good news to crypto world ,  Kodak Company is an American technology in imaging filed so it's good to hear that and it's support bitcoin and the other crypto
No...No it's not. They are running a dishonest, scam, hosting operation. They aren't supporting shit. Except their own wallets. These bastards are desperate.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
EnaksiS

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:56:43 PM

When I told this new to my friends and ask them to join the ICO and they said "every smashed company are joining the blockchain"  and sounds right to me. But I love Kodak, I am a semi-pro photographer and my old device was it Sad I hope they success...
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:00:08 PM

This is a good move on kodak's part. Although, I'm wondering why no company is doing what they have done; their valuation would've risen at the mention of cryptocurrencies. People would dive in headfirst without a second thought if some big name company does what kodak has done.
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:02:26 PM

What a fan to see Kodak being here though. It's still alive! Anyway, if they decided to jump on the train it's gonna be huge. Will check for ICO.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
BTcSD

Activity: 110

LoveMe

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:05:36 PM

Kodak is older than me  very historical name but ico is not welcoming anymore after too many failed experiences but kodak name is attractive enough for many to buy in this one .

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:22:48 PM

Kodak is a brand name that has been tested before. Disruptive technology was what brought to their collapse. Its nice to hear that they are now in cryptocurrency mining and coin creation . This is one project that will soar to the moon.
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:24:51 PM

When big campaigns start using cryptocurrency - this is always good. When it happens you believe in bright future for cryptocurrency.
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:25:20 PM

I think it is good because it will bring a lot of crypto projects to the mainstream.

But it's bad because it surely seems like a cheap cashgrab for people who don't understand crypto
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1563

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:00:22 PM

Are you people F'ing kidding me?? This is the most pathetic joke we've seen to date. They bought  a bunch of S9's and slapped their crappy bumber stickers on them and are calling them Kodak Miners.

Lol, you might be right, looks very slightly different than s9, but almost sure they haven't manufactured those themselves.

At this time we have 80 miners, and we expect another 300 to arrive shortly.

Note the word "arrive", it's pretty obvious they ordered those (from BitMain?) rather than made them on their own.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BenRickert

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:34:13 PM

Kodak fell apart because they were dinosaurs and refused to adapt. It's not even the same company. They were bought out. They're " RENTING HASHING POWER and promising unsustainable profit numbers. They are using the same scam model as the parasite "Resellers" that try and sell the Antminers at 5 X the release price. Claiming that what you're making today is a constant. Complete bullshit. They're either incredibly stupid or incredibly dishonest. I suspect the latter. That unit in the picture is a "Whatominer" or some shit.    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2377792.0      It's an inefficient archaic piece of crap. Go ahead, buy some hashing power from them. See where it gets you.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
an.oskoma

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:02:35 PM

Many companies will have to change everything in their structure in order to survive in the next decades, Kodak is not an exception. It seems to me that this is their last chance to stay afloat, because things are not going very well for them.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:58:47 AM

This is  a cheering news for the blockchain family as more of the world credible companies are now embracing the financial technology and cryptrocurrency which it (blockchain) drives. Good to hear that Kodak will soon be on board.
It's sure a cheering news for the crypto-world to have a renowned company as Kodak shifting gears to embrace Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. If they were a dinosaur until now, obviously they've ceased to be as the hand writing on the wall is that of a company that now thinks differently and want to be relevant in the digital age.

At this time we have 80 miners, and we expect another 300 to arrive shortly.

Note the word "arrive", it's pretty obvious they ordered those (from BitMain?) rather than made them on their own.
I also noticed that line about " ...and we expect another 300 to arrive shortly" and it can only mean they're ordering the hardware from China. Nevertheless,I would want to see that move as feelers and given that their mining capacity is already sold out and a big pile-up of demand, I see them unavoidably folding their sleeves, besides China nondescript stance on cryptocurrency is this time around pushing them to clamp on mining operations in China.
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1563

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 12:42:41 PM

Quoting Torque's post from Wall Observer thread:

Kodak, wow just wow, 400% in two days - not bad for a company that destroyed itself by ignoring digital photos.

Here's a script for any ailing company:

1. Start pushing an internal cryptocoin or blockchain integration agenda
2. Quietly buy up company stock shares for 6 months
3. Publically announce said crypto agenda, even it is complete vaporware
4. Watch shares of stock get pumped jump 400-500% overnight
5. Profit !

Holy insider trading, I nailed it!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kodak-stock-pulls-back-directors-disclose-acquisitions-prior-to-blockchain-rally-2018-01-11

"On Jan. 8, the day before Kodak’s crypto announcement, no fewer than seven directors acquired derivative securities convertible to common stock, according to Form 4 filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The securities are restricted stock units, or RSUs, which were granted under Kodak’s “2013 Omnibus Incentive Plan” (OIP) and vest on Jan. 8, 2019, except as otherwise provided in the award notice, and subject to continuous service as a member of the board of directors, according to the filings. Even with the timely acquisition, there’s no guarantee the RSU’s will be profitable when they are vested.

Some board members also sold derivative securities, convertible to common shares, on Jan. 9, the day the “blockchain” news was reported.

Kodak said the timing of the insider activity was a “coincidence.”

Jail time for Bonzo?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:07:37 PM

Wow, just wow! Such a huge impact on the share price with just one announcement. Also don't think KODAK will ever need to raise fund through an ICO.
KODAK is regulated while the cryptocurrency world is not. I just wonder if kodakcoin will ever get listed in any crypto exchange. Or it will just be controlled by KODAK itself.

BenRickert

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:09:06 PM

LMGDAO!!! Like I said......SCUMBAGS!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

"On Jan. 8, the day before Kodak’s crypto announcement, no fewer than seven directors acquired derivative securities convertible to common stock, according to Form 4 filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The securities are restricted stock units, or RSUs, which were granted under Kodak’s “2013 Omnibus Incentive Plan” (OIP) and vest on Jan. 8, 2019, except as otherwise provided in the award notice, and subject to continuous service as a member of the board of directors, according to the filings. Even with the timely acquisition, there’s no guarantee the RSU’s will be profitable when they are vested.

Some board members also sold derivative securities, convertible to common shares, on Jan. 9, the day the “blockchain” news was reported.

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:28:26 PM

LMGDAO!!! Like I said......SCUMBAGS!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

How can this be termed as a coincidence at all, this is what happens when the corporate people decides to start their very own cryptos. There should be an investigation by the SEC in the whole matter because this is highly suspicious and fraudulent.
chris molty

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:31:17 PM

it's part of the big company starts in ICO
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:53:15 PM

This is a good start for big corporations to enter the cryptoverse. They are seeing the infinite potential behind cryptocurrencies, I hope there are more companies to follow Kodak's thinking outside the box. Apple, Amazon, Facebook, etc. - once they embraced crypto, the people will follow.
BenRickert

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:55:24 PM

it's part of the big company starts in ICO
Dude, ther is no ICO. Read above. This was a classic pump and dump insider trading scam. Hopefullt these executives tat sold on the rally go to jail, but I DOUBT IT!! This is hy we NEED DECENTRALIZED LEDGERS!! REAL decentralized ledgers as in POW. Not that bullshit scam garbage POS.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: