Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Mt Gox: My money is in limbo for a month now  (Read 6367 times)
marcusaurelius (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 08:10:52 AM

so Have you heard of CampBX.com/register.php?r=RgHgGvhe4pw (or use the refferal link in my sig)
FAIL.

People who complain about people who they've voluntarily given their BTC to make me laugh.
I have to say that i don't quite get you. What would you do (and have done) in my place? Is your opinion 'i am totally at their mercy and if they fuck up its bad luck for me'?

Their motive to snatch 4k from you is irrational at best.
I am perfectly aware of that. I don't suspect for a minute they really want to steal my money. They make so much more in tx-fees, it would just be stupid.

But my experience from this incident tells me, that their corporate culture seems to be quick-quick-quick (that is answering before reading, etc) and that they have no real incentive to deal with the situation in a timely: after all, the money is on their account. this is also evident from the policy of _not contacting_ the customer when a withdrawal gets rejected. it's not their problem, they seem to reason.

I think you have to talk with your bank, and not with MtGox, actually I think they're doing everything they can to solve your problem.
in which universe are you bitcoining? did you read my post? probably not. if you did: how could you describe their behaviour as "doing everything they can to solve" the problem? let me list _some_ of the everything they didn't do:

#1 they didn't have a procedure in place to notify me of my rejected withdrawal, it was up to me to inquire where the money went
#2 they didn't re-credit my mt.gox account with the rejected amount
#3 they didn't use my name&adress i gave them on june22 for anything
#4 they didn't get back to me for a whole frickin two weeks!
#5 they didn't even read my second ticket
#6 they didn't fully read my second ticket after i explicitly asked them to read it, but only skimmed over it
#7 they didn't increase the priority of my ticket from 'low' to 'normal' or 'high'

where do you see "doing everything they can to solve" the problem? really?

We all understand they have a backlog of support tickets. But they also have systems where they can have an oversight over withdrawal requests, these should be priority number 1. And it's also very important to communicate with the customer the status of the withdrawal request.

yes, exactly, my point. if a $4000-4week-withdrawal is not worth a ticket priority of 'high' or even 'normal', then what is? and i am not talking about the actual label on zendesk, that is irrelevant, i am talking about the speed and quality of their support: in my case, it thoroughly sucked.

############

I am not calling for a boycott or anything, if you feel Mt.Gox is fine, trade with them. As some other poster pointed out, i don't want revenge, i want my money.  But that exactly is the point: I want my money!

Thank you to everyone giving their support.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:00:53 AM

so Have you heard of CampBX.com/register.php?r=RgHgGvhe4pw (or use the refferal link in my sig)
FAIL.

People who complain about people who they've voluntarily given their BTC to make me laugh.
I have to say that i don't quite get you. What would you do (and have done) in my place? Is your opinion 'i am totally at their mercy and if they fuck up its bad luck for me'?

Their motive to snatch 4k from you is irrational at best.
I am perfectly aware of that. I don't suspect for a minute they really want to steal my money. They make so much more in tx-fees, it would just be stupid.

But my experience from this incident tells me, that their corporate culture seems to be quick-quick-quick (that is answering before reading, etc) and that they have no real incentive to deal with the situation in a timely: after all, the money is on their account. this is also evident from the policy of _not contacting_ the customer when a withdrawal gets rejected. it's not their problem, they seem to reason.

I think you have to talk with your bank, and not with MtGox, actually I think they're doing everything they can to solve your problem.
in which universe are you bitcoining? did you read my post? probably not. if you did: how could you describe their behaviour as "doing everything they can to solve" the problem? let me list _some_ of the everything they didn't do:

#1 they didn't have a procedure in place to notify me of my rejected withdrawal, it was up to me to inquire where the money went
#2 they didn't re-credit my mt.gox account with the rejected amount
#3 they didn't use my name&adress i gave them on june22 for anything
#4 they didn't get back to me for a whole frickin two weeks!
#5 they didn't even read my second ticket
#6 they didn't fully read my second ticket after i explicitly asked them to read it, but only skimmed over it
#7 they didn't increase the priority of my ticket from 'low' to 'normal' or 'high'

where do you see "doing everything they can to solve" the problem? really?

We all understand they have a backlog of support tickets. But they also have systems where they can have an oversight over withdrawal requests, these should be priority number 1. And it's also very important to communicate with the customer the status of the withdrawal request.

yes, exactly, my point. if a $4000-4week-withdrawal is not worth a ticket priority of 'high' or even 'normal', then what is? and i am not talking about the actual label on zendesk, that is irrelevant, i am talking about the speed and quality of their support: in my case, it thoroughly sucked.

############

I am not calling for a boycott or anything, if you feel Mt.Gox is fine, trade with them. As some other poster pointed out, i don't want revenge, i want my money.  But that exactly is the point: I want my money!

Thank you to everyone giving their support.
Hang in there man.I hope it gets resolved soon.
I think your handling this very well.
I would totally freak out if I had to wait 1 fucking month for MY money.

marcusaurelius (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 04:16:56 PM

Mark, the Karpeles, answered my ticket today!

See below:
We will contact our bank to fix your address for each of your 4 withdraws today (they are open saturday but not monday). Your transfer will likely be processed by them tuesday, at which take it will take 2~3 days for it to reach your bank (SEPA delay). This means your funds should be on your account by friday.

He also closed the ticket and marked it as 'solved'. I don't think it is solved yet, but i am looking forward to my money. :-)
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 04:53:27 PM

Just out of curiosity, did you, in your opinion, provide the incorrect banking details for the transfers?

If you did, I asume the incorrect details was not far off from the correct details, so I find it strange that there was nobody
being able to fix this a bit quicker.

And what would happen if you never hassled mtGox about your money? Would they be stuck in mtGox's bank account indefinately?

It seems to me, that the bigger the withdrawal, the longer it takes to arrive in your bank account.

Not good.
evlew

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 04:54:27 PM

I definitely took the tl;dr route, but all I can say is I tried to transfer 100.00 to my friend via mt gox.  I accidently spazzed and double clicked the submit button.  Somehow to my astonishment gox allowed the transaction to go through, leaving me with a nearly negative 100.00USD balance.

Yes, negative.  I moved all my coin to another account so I could sell if I wanted to without having to wait for the to fix my account.  I think it took close to a month, and answering the same questions several times before they finally resolve it.  It sucks waiting, but just be patient.

hope this rebuilds some faith for you.  
Herodes

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:06:10 PM

evlew: Did your friend get 200.00 ?  Grin
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:36:26 PM

CALL THEM!

Tibanne Co., Ltd,
〒168-0082
Tōkyō-to, Suginami-ku, Kugayama 5-24-30

Telephone: +81 3-4550-1529
Herodes

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:33:59 AM

CALL THEM!

mtGox MagicalTux (Mark Carpeles) already have solved the issue apparently, reading from the posts of the thread author.
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:10:09 AM

Mark, the Karpeles, answered my ticket today!

See below:
We will contact our bank to fix your address for each of your 4 withdraws today (they are open saturday but not monday). Your transfer will likely be processed by them tuesday, at which take it will take 2~3 days for it to reach your bank (SEPA delay). This means your funds should be on your account by friday.

He also closed the ticket and marked it as 'solved'. I don't think it is solved yet, but i am looking forward to my money. :-)
I'm happy for you man.
Let us know when you actually have your money in your bank account.

Herodes

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 07:54:07 AM

marcusaurelius:

Did you get your 4K USD withdrawal yet? I hope so.

All the threads about delayed withdrawals are not good at all.
johanatan

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 07:58:01 AM

I am still waiting for access to one of my accounts too.  I got an email about a week ago (after 3-4 weeks of waiting) that said I had been granted access but when I actually went to login to it; still goxed.

Sent an email explaining the goxing (in fact two of them) yet I still haven't received a followup.

1GjRUzZfDCBHeCyJk6av3pXYS9VKjCvQTQ
Herodes

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 08:02:28 AM

I am still waiting for access to one of my accounts too.  I got an email about a week ago (after 3-4 weeks of waiting) that said I had been granted access but when I actually went to login to it; still goxed.

Sent an email explaining the goxing (in fact two of them) yet I still haven't received a followup.

I think what's need to be put at top of the list of priority is handling of accounts and actual bank transfers. These are the most important things customers want imo. We understand there's a lot of mail going into mtGox, so not sure if they can do things quicker, but there are many complaints these days. I hope they can clear the backlog of e-mails and improve their service.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

I don't understand you people. We have our exchange operating for several months, with a team of 6 people working on the software. TradeHill, Bitcoin7, bitomat, CampBX are all much more professional than mtgox too...

And yet mtgox with super shoddy security (it's not even funny), many problems and people still stick with them?

Blame yourselves. If you want the situation to change then vote with your $$$, otherwise things will never change. Frankly the situation is a bit ridiculous.
Herodes

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 08:08:32 AM

genjix: Can you automatically make a customer of mtGox with several thousands USD switch to one of the other exchanges at the snap of your fingers? The problem is getting the money out. I have also looked around at the other exchanges, and they have very low liquidity. What we should have is a distributed exchange where the current exchanges can be agents you use to insert and withdraw money, that way it all would be one giant market. And all would benefit. Smiley

marcusaurelius (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 08:51:30 AM

I don't understand you people. We have our exchange operating for several months, with a team of 6 people working on the software. TradeHill, Bitcoin7, bitomat, CampBX are all much more professional than mtgox too...

And yet mtgox with super shoddy security (it's not even funny), many problems and people still stick with them?

Blame yourselves. If you want the situation to change then vote with your $$$, otherwise things will never change. Frankly the situation is a bit ridiculous.

Yes, blame myself. For getting my money out of Mt.Gox, in order to put it somewhere else. Right, stupid me.
marcusaurelius (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:59:49 PM

I feel a bit like a mtgox-vip now.
I got another email this morning, notifying me of my status.

Hello,

[...] We can't apologize enough for the delays.

We've been seeing long delays due to our French bank imposing limits on our daily transactions. In some circumstances this has been adding a few days to the time it takes to withdrawal. We've been working with another bank that will be able to handle the amount of transactions we (and our customers) need.

We're in the middle of another round of hiring, and expect that soon we'll have more people responding in a more timely manner. Your patience is amazing, and I hope one day we get get your confidence back in our service but sadly for now we're still playing catch up.

You should have 3 of the 4 payments within 2-3 business days, and the last one is waiting for our bank to process... so we're hoping it's soon but can't give an exact time until we know it's actually been processed.

Thanks,

Adam

well, as to my confidence: we'll see. giving me my money would be a start.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 06:29:38 PM

Does MT think he's still in the "Magic the Gathering Cards" business?

If he continues like this, he will soon be again...
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 08:42:04 PM

Mt Gox is where all the volume is, so everyone trades there. I think someone on the Something Awful thread had a particuarly pithy way of putting this, but I can't be bothered finding the comment.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 10:12:14 PM

I feel a bit like a mtgox-vip now.
I got another email this morning, notifying me of my status.

Hello,

[...] We can't apologize enough for the delays.

We've been seeing long delays due to our French bank imposing limits on our daily transactions. In some circumstances this has been adding a few days to the time it takes to withdrawal. We've been working with another bank that will be able to handle the amount of transactions we (and our customers) need.

We're in the middle of another round of hiring, and expect that soon we'll have more people responding in a more timely manner. Your patience is amazing, and I hope one day we get get your confidence back in our service but sadly for now we're still playing catch up.

You should have 3 of the 4 payments within 2-3 business days, and the last one is waiting for our bank to process... so we're hoping it's soon but can't give an exact time until we know it's actually been processed.

Thanks,

Adam

well, as to my confidence: we'll see. giving me my money would be a start.

3 of the 4 transfers were confirmed by our bank and are already out on the SEPA network, and should reach you probably tomorrow morning (or more, depending on your bank).

The 4th one is pending bank approval (for some reason they decided it needed a manual input).

For information we are changing bank in Europe for this exact reason: processing of withdraws is impaired by their manual confirmations. Each day about 200 transfers are switched to manual processing by their automatic system, and requires them to actually input the informations manually /again/ the next day, and they limit us to 50k€ per day of international wires which is far from enough.
Because of the work this represents, and because of the recent wave of phishing on german banks ending in transfers to mtgox of stolen funds, they want us out now (and to tell the truth it's been a while we wanted to get out of that bank).

The original plan was to have a EUR account in our UK bank, however it is not ready yet... But!
Thanks to them pushing us out we'll be able to get a new bank immediately in France (the account will be closed friday morning, new account will be open right after that), and we'll use this occasion to announce the opening of the UK bank account, which already accepts deposits (and will support withdraw as soon as we get the required elements for "FaxPay", a service that allows us to send a fax to the bank to send a bunch of transfers all over UK and Europe).

Anyway we are working on getting withdraws on time (and not entering your address the right way has become harder on the withdraw page, too).
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 09:26:38 PM

Hmm.  I wouldn't hold Britcoin up as an example of the way things should be done.  The site design and navigation are extremely poor, as are the trade input screen, trade execution summaries etc.  The trade input screen overwrites your input prices, doesn't let you input a price per bitcoin forcing you to do side calculations, and has no confirmation screen.  Way too easy to input a bad trade.

The order matching algorithm has a bug that causes parts of certain trades to happen at silly prices, and reports of this are ignored.

The exchanges will get better, but only through competitive pressure.  I don't think any of them are particularly professionally done at the moment.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: