Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:36:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea: Excluding newbies from the bounty section  (Read 334 times)
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:33:44 PM

I have a new idea to reduce the spam and improve the forum, stop the activity increasing when you are wearing a signature and exclude those sections with the most spams from counting towards activity. if a hero member is wearing a signature, he should get minus 1 activity per post, unless he has paid $0.2 for 1 post. if you are a newbie or any other rank, wearing a signature should reduce your activity when you post if you haven't paid for it.
I will complete this post later on, it's my mom's birthday, need to attend while loling.

🖤😏
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16654

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:49:26 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 09:11:04 AM by LoyceV

I don't think people use bots to do whole bounty process, but this is what I see a lot:

1: newbie with 1 post joins a certain bounty
2: next post: another newbie with 1 post joins
3: next post: another newbie with 1 post joins

Can't help thinking that must be one person ....
I'm surprised they even allow Newbies to join, if there's anything I've learned during my time managing (Bitcoin) giveaway campaigns, it's that many people love joining with many accounts.
I can only conclude they simply don't care about fake entries: they're giving away a small fraction of the tokens they've created out of thin air, and make a huge profit off it once it's hyped enough. The more they spam, the more profit they make.

I'm increasingly noticing more and more campaigns that are paying newbies because why the hell not. If you've premined a crapcoin for free then it doesn't matter who you pay as long as they're spamming your advert all over which is all they want at the end of the day.
My thoughts exactly!

I would love to stop reporting my work on the forum, but I have to report.
I was under the impression this isn't even allowed:
Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc.
Most bounty-threads have hundreds of posts showing nothing more than endless lists of links to twitter and facebook. The bounty board has more than 300 different topics bumped up within 24 hours.

Most bounties are only used to hype some ICO, and after the creator gets his money, he moves on to the next similar project to do the same again. According to theymos' definition, most "Initial Coin Offerings" actually sells Tokens, not Coins. Wouldn't it be time to enforce using the right terms, in other words, take away the advantage of using the overly hyped word ICO and force them to call it an ITO if they sell tokens?

Agreed to some point, people would be hesitant to pay 100$ for one account, that too in a forum. I just realized one more thing, since a lot of shit posters are from India, not all of them but most. Paying a 100$ would be a little too much, here's the math:-
1$=63 rupees or so. 100$=~6300 rupees. I have heard a lot of people get food for around 30-40 rupees per meal, a lot of Asians would be grieve-struck, if they have to pay a 100$ for such. Also will legitimate users would also have to pay for this?
I think it's a ridiculous amount to pay $100 to be able to use a signature on an account on a forum! But, my signature pays me an even bigger amount, so if required, I'd pay it instantly. When I had my first signature payment, it was worth $16.64. Back then, I wouldn't pay $100 for a signature. It may even backfire: the industrial scale farmers could just add the cost to their business model, while normal users back out.

I can even imagine the Lending-section will get a new business model: get a $100 loan based on the quality of your past posts, so you can afford to buy a signature and pay back the loan.
Paying for a signature won't stop the bounty-spam though.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:40:29 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 08:16:48 AM by 0t3p0t

punishing campaign managers, removing certain boards from activity/post count and disallowing certain ranks from posting in other boards
I totally agree with this. I think, this would be the best solution to be implemented to prevent spammers and account farmers in this forum. We want it or not, thousands of these kind of people are creating accounts, they get into the forum without even thinking of reading the forum rules maybe just to be paid for nonsense posts and then keep on spamming all over the boards. I was even thinking of suggesting something like this before when I was in a member rank but I forgot the idea due to priorities. There would be a boundary between ranks. I mean for example newbies are only allowed to post in local boards but can see and read posts on the other boards like exclusive Junior Member boards up to the Legendary ranks. Just like games there is something like a level of difficulty. Lower ranks cannot access to higher level of sections or boards. Grin

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
silverleew1

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

Begone junkers!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:37:51 AM

The bounty section is flooded with new accounts that 'join' all kinds of bounties, even when they are closed. Probably lot's of bots, never reading anything in the threads. Posting reports, even when not needed, even when the bounty is over.

Would it be a nice idea to exclude newbies from that section of the forum? To stop the spam?
I still insist this method to get the problem fixed..
I was newbie when posting that post.. And I would prefer that method better then reading all junk post in good thread.
Making a good discussion thread is very hard now.. Too much shitpost from bountry hunters that post everything or whatever as long as their target reached. The newbies should help mods to report those assholes..
davey76 (OP)

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:01:19 PM

The junk bounty report posters even post reports when the bounty is already closed for weeks/months .... They don't read the threads, they just do all bounties on auto pilot, hoping to catch some tokens/coins after the bounty.

Most of them are not in the signature bounties, but in the Twitter/Facebook/Telegram ones. Wondering if their social accounts do something real for the ICO's, in terms of getting investors.

If they have multi-accounts here, how do you think they got their twitter accounts with lot's of followers .... So, we with real social accounts are getting less from the bounties, because part of the stakes go to the spammers.

I do a lot less bounties then months ago, just because it takes to much time for me to weed through all the info on the bounty threads. And I see the bounty manager struggling on managing the whole thing.

I think the value for the bountycampaigns will go down and finally ICO's stop with bounties on this forum.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: