Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What (and when) do you think will be the next big change in bitcoin?  (Read 173 times)
ETHAppCoin (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:32:48 AM

What do you predict? Something simple like another fork or a change in block size (eventually) etc?

What would you love to see happen (other than great price action) and what do fear might happen?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinycoiny

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:41:52 AM

This is what will happen.

BTC will slowly decline, talk about segwit and lightning fixing transaction problems is pie in the sky. The coins is broke, the bubble has burst.

Eventually another coin will become no 1, possibly eth. The realization that btc lost will cause a further fall in btc, possibly below bitcoin cash. I mean that's the same coin really but it works.

This will at last force the miners to increase the block size by going for a fork, ironically creating bitcoin cash #2. Allthough its just possible that the miners having seen the writing on the wall just dump their remaining coins (I believe they've probably dumped most by now anyway) and just move to another coin.

DeepBoost

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:48:54 AM

I would like to see the Lightning Network implementation as next big change in Bitcoin, because I dont beleive that block size will be changed. I fear that only rich people will be able to use Bitcoin in future and leave surrogates for us.

ETHAppCoin (OP)

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:12:33 AM

I would like to see the Lightning Network implementation as next big change in Bitcoin, because I dont beleive that block size will be changed. I fear that only rich people will be able to use Bitcoin in future and leave surrogates for us.

Any dangers of bitcoin lightning? Malicious attempts to burden the blockchain by opening thousands of individual channels at the same time?

Interesting to see that you used the word 'surrogates' - do you consider other coins inferior?
Cryptohad

Activity: 229

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:38:54 AM

I would like to see the price of bitcoin in 2018 rises quickly to the point @ 50000, and I want it to happen before mid-2018. is this possible?
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:58:19 AM

There is something big news definitely needed for BTC to break the next resistance. Bitcoin had been going up and down from $13k to $16k level and never broke it's ATH at $19.5k . A big news influencing BTC's growth is definitely needed now to break the new ATH. I think the establishment of the Lightning Network will break the new ATH as it will probably solve the network congestion and huge fees problems of the Bitcoin network.
The LN is being tested now and it gets implemented the network will be running smooth. So there are chances that the BTC will be back on track.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:53:31 PM

Well the bitcoin core devs are currently testing lightning network which they boasting it as the solution for huge fees slow confirmation going on in the network which the segwit was failed to do it's job due huge amount of users per day in the network and low usage of segwit addresses and also news sites seeing lightning network as game changer for bitcoin.This will be a huge change in bitcoin if lightning network implemented it.
stashi

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:03:28 PM

the next big thing in crypto world will be the correction but before that there will be a spike like never before.. exciting time ahead in 2018.. all the best bitcoiners
Sumansharma

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:07:54 PM

Hello....

Well we hardly can say that...  Because the mighty bitcoin has its own perception...
That is there nobody can tell you that today is the day that bring change in your life...  Soo buy all the bitcoin dude 😜🤑..
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:22:02 PM

I can't wait to see bitcoin value keep rising without interruption, how possible that could be, i don't know.
my greatest fear about bitcoin is if bitcoin become banned, eventhough i know it is decentralised,yet i still feel any funny thing could happen any time like hacking of account, so i try as much possible to make the best use of what i get now.  
cryptoislove

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:49:57 PM

The Lightining network implementation will be the next big change in the bitcoin system.
CryptoBitCoins

Activity: 644
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:08:17 PM

I think, that in the coming years the bitcoin rate will steadily grow and soon exceed $ 40k, which should be facilitated by entering the Korean exchanges, waiting for the release of bitcoin futures in the USA and Japan, which will allow the institutional investors to enter the market.
altGear

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

PRiVCY

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:30:13 PM

Currently the one of the biggest evolutions in crypto IMO is Atomic Swaps...upcoming a way to increase blocksize without forking Wink

Cheers!
altGear

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:59:55 PM

What do you predict? Something simple like another fork or a change in block size (eventually) etc?
What would you love to see happen (other than great price action) and what do fear might happen?

Forks are not relevant anymore, in fact, we all would love to see the Lightning network getting implemented on the main blockchain, but we all know that it is impossible because the big bosses and manipulators doesnt want it to get implemented.

By the same time, they are pushing and congestioning the network day by day (like coinbase) and they do not want to integrate segwit to their wallets.

Bitcoin is hardly manipulated at the moment, a single guy, called Roger Ver, is killing bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: