Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Gas Prices/Confirmation times  (Read 189 times)
imjustp (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:15:59 AM

With Ethereum becoming so highly valued over the past couple weeks it seems that it is beginning to be faltered by the same problems as BTC: Lengthy wait times for confirmations unless you pay a high gas price.

I ahve been trying to withdraw Eth off the exchange for the past few days and it is just not happening at all. The only way I can seem to get it to confirm anything is by increasing the gas to extremly high values. Is anyone else having this issue?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:19:10 AM

Here you can find what gas price you need to point for transaction: ethgasstation.info

Now:

SafeLow (<30m) 24
Standard (<5m) 40
Fast (<2m) 91

It really looks like that Ethereum need HardFork to increase it`s speed...

LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:26:35 AM

With Ethereum becoming so highly valued over the past couple weeks it seems that it is beginning to be faltered by the same problems as BTC: Lengthy wait times for confirmations unless you pay a high gas price.

I ahve been trying to withdraw Eth off the exchange for the past few days and it is just not happening at all. The only way I can seem to get it to confirm anything is by increasing the gas to extremly high values. Is anyone else having this issue?
everyone is busy talking about things. they continue to complain and object to the very high cost because if using low cost they will take a lot of time to wait.

masphie

Activity: 896

-= OI =-

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:39:58 AM

before you make a transaction, i hope you search information about GAS first.
As far as i know, GAS price right now is pump. And that mean, any transaction with low GAS (default) will be pending in more days.

-= OI =-
imjustp (OP)

Activity: 256

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:44:53 AM

Yeah I have seen the gas station site. I made a transaction before it went so high and it has been literally stuck for days man. Think I am going to have to make the transactino again and send Eth from my other wallet to cover the gas
Tekunda

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:46:29 AM

Can someone explain me the following : Why in God's name is someone using Ethereum?
I understand the hype around bitcoin, that people invest in bitcoin although the technical aspect of bitcoin is completely outdated.
But why do people go crazy about a second, from a technical viewpoint completely outdated coin, a coin which was brought to its knees by a cat game?

Why don't icos and people switch over to far more advanced coins like Stellar Lumens, when it comes to transaction speeds and transaction capacity?
Could someone explain please
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:56:44 AM

Can someone explain me the following : Why in God's name is someone using Ethereum?
I understand the hype around bitcoin, that people invest in bitcoin although the technical aspect of bitcoin is completely outdated.
But why do people go crazy about a second, from a technical viewpoint completely outdated coin, a coin which was brought to its knees by a cat game?

Why don't icos and people switch over to far more advanced coins like Stellar Lumens, when it comes to transaction speeds and transaction capacity?
I also don't understand that. Maybe people are used with Ethereum and don't want to change. They don't want to try to relearn a new language for smartcontracts.
Also Ethereum is good for speculation and to participate in ICO.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:10:57 PM

ethereum is one of those coins which are pretty broken.
they have tried to change things such as scaling of bitcoin and come up with a solution but they broke 100 other things. right now the only way it can be saved is that if it centralizes everything. for example it needs super master nodes set up in a centralized manner to shape up the network and then increase the capacity even more to be able to survive a little longer.

--looking for signature--
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:48:55 PM

Ethereum's scaling problems are known. There is a clear roadmap on how Ethereum plans to resolve and improve transactions. All you need to do is open your mind and read.

they have tried to change things such as scaling of bitcoin and come up with a solution but they broke 100 other things.

What things are broken? FYI bitcoinlovingdude, Bitcoin is more broken than ETH at the moment. Fees are more expensive, transaction times are longer. ETH does so much more than bitcoin and the smart contracts alone prove this. I love bitcoin but the reality is if bitcoin was only released today it would be branded as a scam shitcoin. I love bitcoin but ETH is the future.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:54:23 PM

They are soon planning an upgrade to solve the scalability issues im sure ether will stay on top of the game and will solve transaction issues soon.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:06:32 PM

Ethereum's scaling problems are known. There is a clear roadmap on how Ethereum plans to resolve and improve transactions. All you need to do is open your mind and read.

they have tried to change things such as scaling of bitcoin and come up with a solution but they broke 100 other things.

What things are broken? FYI bitcoinlovingdude, Bitcoin is more broken than ETH at the moment. Fees are more expensive, transaction times are longer. ETH does so much more than bitcoin and the smart contracts alone prove this. I love bitcoin but the reality is if bitcoin was only released today it would be branded as a scam shitcoin. I love bitcoin but ETH is the future.
Ethereum is the future but we need to pay attention also for transactions require a huge fee, why ethereum can not be like Dogecoin lol
Tekunda

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:29:46 PM

And that's it? That is good enough - plans to address scaling issues in the future - that people are not willing to switch over to far more advanced coins?

I always thought that most people dealing in crypto are so called early adopters, a technically savvy bunch and not the mom and pop type of people who use ETH because their parents have used ETH also. 
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854

PHORE

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:36:11 PM

because of eth's height and lots of trasaction so too much gas and so many of the trasaction slows the eth block chain so many others are taking their trasaction who have long been in the wallet when their senet gas

b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:41:32 PM

I recommend you to always check the price of gas / gwei when you want to do transaction. can be checked using ethgasstation. it would be better if using Standard or Fast, because the fear is when we use the Low, then the gas goes up, it will add to the problem

QFT

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:43:16 PM

Here you can find what gas price you need to point for transaction: ethgasstation.info

Now:

SafeLow (<30m) 24
Standard (<5m) 40
Fast (<2m) 91

It's so busy on the network that a lot of times I check ethgasstation and make a transaction, and 10 minutes later the gas price I used was too low.
tauceramica

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:47:03 PM

Now:

SafeLow (<30m) 24
Standard (<5m) 40
Fast (<2m) 91

We still don't know who is planning to do this hard fork in ether do we? Because if Vitalik's core team is not involved, then there is no need to investigate the fork product of ether. I don't wanna see another fork wave in ether after bitcoin.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:51:31 PM

Well the Ethereum blockchain started for some clogs by now because of higher demand and some are transferring channel to Ethereum because of slow fee or gas price. Some problems that is being encountered by other user as well as to mine is that if it wasn't to be accelerated the payment will just be staying to your wallet for a long time and thus it will never be transacted. Hope that this problem will come up with a nice solutions.
QFT

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:53:14 PM

Well the Ethereum blockchain started for some clogs by now because of higher demand and some are transferring channel to Ethereum because of slow fee or gas price. Some problems that is being encountered by other user as well as to mine is that if it wasn't to be accelerated the payment will just be staying to your wallet for a long time and thus it will never be transacted. Hope that this problem will come up with a nice solutions.

At least stuff like this is going to push faster and further for new solutions, so in the end eth will only benefit from it.
sister1001

Activity: 237
Merit: 43

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:58:36 PM

Is not only a question of speed, is a question of functionality and adoption. Ethereum is manageable through smart contracts built on solidity language and that provides a certain level of assurance and credibility. Particularly if properly audited.
sister1001

Activity: 237
Merit: 43

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:01:14 PM

I also don't understand that. Maybe people are used with Ethereum and don't want to change. They don't want to try to relearn a new language for smartcontracts.
Also Ethereum is good for speculation and to participate in ICO.

How many experienced companies that you know can audit and provide assurance to contracts written in other contract languages other than solidity? Don't get me wrong, but there is a bit of impulse buying in ICOs and you'll loose that if they have to exchange coins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: