Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so many negative opinions about Tether?  (Read 226 times)
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:17:35 PM

A lot of people think that it isn't backed by anything and that way its basically a "scam". You exchange your BTC for USDT, but after that you can't really trade USDT for anything else and you can't withdraw them.
The problem is that they don't really deliver the proof that it is otherwise.

HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:19:18 PM

Tether have not open blockchain it's like paypal. Full controlled currency it's not should be in this community (imho)
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:20:20 PM

In fact, very many accuse Tether of the fact that he does not have dollar confirmation. However, various audits have confirmed a good financial position. Some accuse Tether of pushing the bitcoin course upwards. Only yesterday I read about this in article. Well, maybe. However, there is no direct evidence.

Frank76

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:58:25 PM

I think Tether is a very good instrument for fixing profit. Do not understand why so much negativity towards Tether, several times I used it, it is very convenient, exchange rate is tied to usd.

hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:01:18 PM

I think it's the best thing since Bitcoin because I can use it to save my altcoins when shit start hitting the fan and then buy them when they are low, while Tether pretty much never moves from $1.

Now from my understanding people don't like it because an exchange created this coin and it can be made out of nothing?
But I'm not sure about this.

Any input?
Because Tether is not real cryptocurrency. It was made to sabotage bitcoin or to accumulate bitcoin on their benefit. It is a centralized coin that has no definite supply and it was created by thin air. It is like exchanging your bitcoin for nothing. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: