Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASN] Ascension coin - community takeover, new dev team  (Read 18553 times)
ausz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:08:19 AM

Hi,
Your wallet (windows and linux) has crashed on the first start.
However it is OK if start it at the second time.

Just want to let you know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AscensionCoin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:40:30 PM

Hi,
Your wallet (windows and linux) has crashed on the first start.
However it is OK if start it at the second time.

Just want to let you know.

Hello ausz!

Yep, I can confirm this problem. Should be easy to fix.
I raised an issue in github: https://github.com/ascensioncoin/AscensionCoin/issues/2

Thanks
AscensionDev
AscensionCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:17:53 AM

Good news!

Micromm exchange has listed Ascension coin: https://micromm.online/market/BTC-ASN
You can now buy and sell Ascension (ASN).

Ascension Dev
conteaza

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:00:56 AM

Good news!

Micromm exchange has listed Ascension coin: https://micromm.online/market/BTC-ASN
You can now buy and sell Ascension (ASN).

Ascension Dev

I tried this exchange. Seem to be working ok.
Needs 7 confirmations for ASN and BTC.

I don't recommend moving big amounts of ASN/BTC to this exchange yet, as it is relatively new and there is not much info about it in internet.

Dev, Keep it up! Yobit next... Hopefully.
AscensionCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:38:14 AM

Great news!

Ascension coin was just added to CoinGecko: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/ascension
AscensionCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:16:59 AM

Hello guys!

It is a bit quiet in here. If somebody is reading this, please reply something.

We also still have 100 ASN giveaways to 9 more people who post here and claim free coins.

We are planning to release Windows and MacOS wallets within 10 days and the next task will be setting up a website.

The network is working fine.

Requesting for a bit more action here... :-)

Thanks
AscensionCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:16:15 AM

soon...

AscensionCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:59:00 PM

Interesting fact:

Conteaza’s question regarding source code of ASN being old got me wondering about the origins of Ascension source code. It was not properly forked from some other coin on github/bitbucket, so was not obvious what it was  cloned from.
And so I did a bit of a research…
Turns out it goes like this: Bitcoin -> PPCoin -> NovaCoin -> BoostCoin -> Ascension.

I also renamed current AscensionCoin repository to AscensionCoin-legacy and re-created AscensionCoin as a fork of boostcoin-core.
You can see how it is possible to turn BoostCoin into Ascension coin by looking at the first few commits in AscensionCoin github.
(You can verify this by checking out AscensionCoin and AscensionCoin-legacy repos and doing a file comparison with a tool like WinMerge)
Laamadeus

Activity: 453
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:46:34 PM

Windows wallet: https://github.com/ascensioncoin/AscensionCoin/releases/download/v3.0.0/ascension-qt-win-v1.4.2.m.zip

Doesn´t found. Where I can download ASN wallet? Thanks.

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
Laamadeus

Activity: 453
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:34:20 PM

Hi! How I can withdraw my coins to wallet from yobit? As I thought Yobit handles coins on version 2 and that is not connect on the chain, so I use version 1 for windows. Thanks.

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
Transfercoin
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
max76

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 10:27:23 AM

Any news from devs?
AscensionCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 07:37:34 AM

*** Dev update March 2019 ***
Hello all!

I’ll be honest with you… Unfortunately, Ascension coin did not get much attention from users. This is understandable: the current state of crypto is not as good as it used to be even a year ago and ASN currently does not have a ‘killer feature’ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_feature) or any hype. Direct messages to previous users did not receive much traction either. Also, the two other people that initially joined the team lost interest and moved on. So it is just me now…

But this does not stop me to continue work on this coin. I believe that its time will come. But it needs to have something that is useful / unique. Just being ‘another altcoin’ is not enough.
I do have one interesting feature in mind, but implementing it takes time. I don’t even have an ETA on it currently, but it is definitely measured in months.

Once we have something, then it’s ‘game on’!

And so, I don’t see any reason in promoting the coin at this stage with just empty promises (also, promotion costs money). And I don’t want to give any kind of promises either.
I did not create this coin, but I did mine it back in 2015.
And since nobody else is interested in ASN, I’m happy to devote some of my personal time to this project.
Since this is just my free time at the moment, I don’t feel obliged to adhere to some timeframes or work on features that I don’t like.

If you have some spare time that you can devote to this project, please PM me. Any help is great. Even just posting to this thread counts [Moжнo пo pyccки], as it is a bit lonely here now.

On the positive side, the network is working fine, both block explorers are ok and exchange is operating.

Ascension coin turned out to be almost one to one clone of boostcoin, see github: https://github.com/ascensioncoin/AscensionCoin
That is an old codebase and is not worth supporting.
Because of this, Ascension coin blockchain will be migrated to a new codebase (forked from a more recent coin). If you have suggestions from which one – please PM/post here.
This is a lengthy process and needs careful testing and execution, so it will take some time.
But this is an important step and will create a stable base for ASN moving forward.
Also, while migrating to the new blockchain, we will have an opportunity to change name from “Ascension coin” to something else. Again, if you have preferences – please name them.
ETA: July – September 2019.

*** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ***
If you have ASN coins from year 2015, please stake them or move them to some new address before July 2019.
The reason for this is that there are many ‘dead coins’, probably the private keys/wallets are lost for them and they amount to a big proportion of total ASN supply.
Coins that were never moved or staked in 2018/2019 will be considered lost forever and will not appear in the new blockchain.
Their total amount will either be redistributed (airdrop?), mined, donated to ASN foundation, burned forever or something else (please post here or PM what you prefer).

I’ll try to provide this kind of dev update from time to time (even if nobody wants to read it).

Thank you!
Ascension coin dev
AscensionCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 05:42:27 AM

Ascension v3.1.0 QT wallets for Ubuntu, MacOS and Windows are available.
Docker with ascension daemon is coming soon.
AscensionCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 03:21:38 AM

You can now download Ascension blockchain bootstrap: https://github.com/ascensioncoin/AscensionCoinBootstrap
and
Run Ascension daemon inside a docker container: https://github.com/ascensioncoin/AscensionCoinDocker
q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 03:37:38 PM

Applaud for every great programmer in the world.
Honestly, I was unintentionally discovering this silent post and a programmer who is both fun and persistent.
For now, is the ASN team only your own?
If so, you really deserve to be encouraged. Of course, as a cryptocurrency enthusiast, I am sorry, I will only use JAVA to output "helloworld", which can't help you at the technical level. But I think you are a real hero. At least when everyone abandons it, you don't retreat but stick to it.
I want you to see my encouragement, maybe this will make you feel not so lonely.
After all, from now on, you have one more fan, that is me, haha.
Please continue to cheer, thank you Grin Grin Grin

suprnurd

Activity: 250
Merit: 12

Support Guru

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 05:17:24 AM

Greetings! I have also just come across this thread recently and was amazed to see that this is the 3rd time this project was taken over.

I'd be interested in chatting with you about the project, its history, and your role in all of this. Please message me if you happen to return here! Smiley

✔︎ True Dividend Crypto [TDC] ✔︎✔︎ Announcement ✔︎ GitHub ✔︎ Twitter ✔︎ Discord ✔︎
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: