Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:13:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dump some of the Altcoins?  (Read 219 times)
Hedda Gabler (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:34:35 PM

While some Altcoins have been performing well, others have been steadily in the red for several days in a row. Coins like NEBL, TRON, ADA and XVG (Verge.)

I am not rich, and I have lost 300 dollars worth of profits due to these coins. Should I dump these coins or wait a few days and Hold?

I also bought a couple of shitcoins a long time ago, one was called Cyder, it went up very but now is falling, should I dump it too?
webminati

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:41:01 PM

It's simple, If you believe in the project and you think it can make you more then hodl Smiley

And never sell in bearish market! wait for a few days, you will get a chance to sell your coins in good profits Smiley
s4mp1nt0

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:41:02 PM

While some Altcoins have been performing well, others have been steadily in the red for several days in a row. Coins like NEBL, TRON, ADA and XVG (Verge.)

I am not rich, and I have lost 300 dollars worth of profits due to these coins. Should I dump these coins or wait a few days and Hold?

I also bought a couple of shitcoins a long time ago, one was called Cyder, it went up very but now is falling, should I dump it too?

just hold all of your token now. altcoins only drop because of the correction of the bitcoin price. it will be back to normal some time later.

Hedda Gabler (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:42:18 PM

just hold all of your token now. altcoins only drop because of the correction of the bitcoin price. it will be back to normal some time later.

Even the shitcoins? I am holding some shitcoins as well. Should I hold or dump them?

It's simple, If you believe in the project and you think it can make you more then hodl Smiley

And never sell in bearish market! wait for a few days, you will get a chance to sell your coins in good profits Smiley
Well, some are saying, Tron, Ripple and ADA are scams.
ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:45:04 PM

When you are looking at your coins, look at that value in BTC to see how they are doing against it.  The majority of coins are down in USD as BTC is down.  Change the view and see the coins that are rising against BTC even when it is struggling.  Those are solid coins and you should think about keeping them.  Once BTC goes back up, the value will readjust for the sea of red that is upon us right now. 
MasterBTspace

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:47:28 PM

In my opinion, I think most of the altcoins still have a chance to make great fortune as the time goes on
dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:48:05 PM

If you're planning to dump them then you need patience and wait a little longer when they rise a little bit. The mark would be if their value tops up your investment then I think it's a green light or otherwise maybe they'll pump more. It's your choice, but when you do, you could try out some good Altcoins that are more promising.

AMiRU

Activity: 89
Merit: 3

Meritocracy

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:48:52 PM

You did not lost your profit, you just did not get them yet. I'm sure you will be able to break even from one or two coins once the trend goes back to bullish.

Pure SSD Shared Hosting with Litespeed + LSCache, optimized for Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal 8, Xenforo & Prestashop (https://awangan.com)
juliamichaels18

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:50:50 PM

hold it sir. this is good start for you to investing more in the future. you might be able gain 10 times than this if you hold it for a long term. im sure it will flourish eventually if we hold the coin that are have real project. i been holding my coin even before this sea of red happen. and i still do hold it and dont want to dump it cause i believe eventually it will increasing so high in few days
Hedda Gabler (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:52:02 PM

When you are looking at your coins, look at that value in BTC to see how they are doing against it.  The majority of coins are down in USD as BTC is down.  Change the view and see the coins that are rising against BTC even when it is struggling.  Those are solid coins and you should think about keeping them.  Once BTC goes back up, the value will readjust for the sea of red that is upon us right now. 

Oh....I didn't think of it that way, thankyou. Smiley
Yep I am a bit of a noob to this whole thing lol. How do I change the view on Binance or CoinExchange so it says USD not Satoshi?

You did not lost your profit, you just did not get them yet. I'm sure you will be able to break even from one or two coins once the trend goes back to bullish.
But I invested in way more than 2 coins.

hold it sir. this is good start for you to investing more in the future. you might be able gain 10 times than this if you hold it for a long term. im sure it will flourish eventually if we hold the coin that are have real project. i been holding my coin even before this sea of red happen. and i still do hold it and dont want to dump it cause i believe eventually it will increasing so high in few days
But I want to be a millionaire, cant be a millionaire from measly 10x gains.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:53:00 PM

That's already a big lost, if you can recover you lost in some other coins that you think you can then maybe it is the time to dump them all. You are already losing and we all don't know if those coins will still have a chance to recover its price.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:53:20 PM

you should try to analyze before you buy altcoin. this is the impact if you have no knowledge and never try to investigate every altcoin that will buy. analyzing and involving experience is the most important part of getting any profit. and the most basic, you should already know every risk, which can be detrimental.
dangdangdang

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:53:43 PM

Indeed! I invested in coins that for me is useful to the community and if I'm planning to invest for long-term and for my future so I decided to invest in Oyster because the project is amazing and the community is fun as well. Seems all investors are having good time through Oyster.

Hedda Gabler (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:56:17 PM

That's already a big lost, if you can recover you lost in some other coins that you think you can then maybe it is the time to dump them all. You are already losing and we all don't know if those coins will still have a chance to recover its price.

Yeah, maybe I should dump, and by dump I mean keep at least 10% holdings so if the coin skyrockets some day I don't regret it.
People are saying Tron is a scam, I used to think Tron had a future but not anymore.

Also, I checked the prices of the the coins relative to ETH, they are all still very deep in the red, this is very concerning to me. If most coins are in the red in the ETH markets, doesn't that mean the entire crypto market is crashing?
dangdangdang

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:57:13 PM

Experience investors knows what coin and when to buy but they experienced a lot and different kind of situations. If those coins are really lying low so you can't simply dump them because one day they might pump otherwise you lose your investment and you'll not be able to recover your loss.
Try to hold and wait, it'll be better soon.

dangdangdang

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 03:00:03 PM

Yeah, maybe I should dump, and by dump I mean keep at least 10% holdings so if the coin skyrockets some day I don't regret it.
People are saying Tron is a scam, I used to think Tron had a future but not anymore.

Also, I checked the prices of the the coins relative to ETH, they are all still very deep in the red, this is very concerning to me. If most coins are in the red in the ETH markets, doesn't that mean the entire crypto market is crashing?

Leaving your position in the midst of the quake might or will end your life and so does Altcoins.
Don't lose hope, try to wait a little longer and when those coins pumps and you'll be able to get same amount you invest it's up to you to decide what to do, finally dump or hold more.

kennyy2929

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:02:04 PM

i am having the same situation like you. i chose to trust my research and hold the coin. i am holding for long term instead of short term trading.
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:03:59 PM

It all depends on your analysis of the coins you hold, if the future will be more "dramatic" again the price is better sold
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:04:13 PM

if for some coin that descend the price, I suggest to keep it, because I believe it is more resistant then the coin will someday will experience an increase, we stay strong or not survive, for sitcoin problems if it has increased, sold only, because it is difficult to he went up
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:05:16 PM

I made the same mistake. As altcoins were rising, I decided to sell all my bitcoins for them. Then they fall and Bitcoin went up. One thing that I have learned: Only hodl coins you really believe in, not only for the money. It should be these coins, which you think can change the financial world.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: