Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:08:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How could we further disassociate altcoins from Bitcoin?  (Read 93 times)
spunkybd (OP)

Activity: 260
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:41:36 PM

Seems like every time Bitcoin goes stale or down slightly, altcoins follow the same trend and then the whole market is down for a while.

Would new payment gateways and further news exposure get us out of this cycle or are altcoins going to be stuck to the swinging of Bitcoin forever?
dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:45:06 PM

Seems like every time Bitcoin goes stale or down slightly, altcoins follow the same trend and then the whole market is down for a while.
Would new payment gateways and further news exposure get us out of this cycle or are altcoins going to be stuck to the swinging of Bitcoin forever?

Dance question here, I really don't get why Altcoins will be affected by Bitcoin's momentum and if there's massive Altcoin dumping Bitcoin will drop also.
Maybe we'll try to watch some YouTube for what's, how's and why's. I watched some videos about Bitcoin and Altcoin updates but none of them are really into this kind of specific detail.

Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:51:49 PM

As long as bitcoin is the store of value of alts, every price movement of bitcoin will affect all alts. There is nothing we can do about it.
spunkybd (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:07:27 PM

As long as bitcoin is the store of value of alts, every price movement of bitcoin will affect all alts. There is nothing we can do about it.

Why not use ETH or LTC as a store of value and utility instead?

BTC is too politically driven at this point. There are better, much more secure coins.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:15:19 PM

Well when I look at a lot of coins now, the USD value is down but the sat price = equal, only down a minor 1% or is increasing. Meaning that the altcoins aren't affected that much but since you can't trade fiat/altcoins (only a few) they will always be affected by Bitcoin in terms of paper money evaluation. Only way to solve this is introducing new trading pairs. But I think this market doesn't have the liquidity for that yet.

Hm.. are we seeing a gap in the market?

spunkybd (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:26:00 PM

Well when I look at a lot of coins now, the USD value is down but the sat price = equal, only down a minor 1% or is increasing. Meaning that the altcoins aren't affected that much but since you can't trade fiat/altcoins (only a few) they will always be affected by Bitcoin in terms of paper money evaluation. Only way to solve this is introducing new trading pairs. But I think this market doesn't have the liquidity for that yet.

Hm.. are we seeing a gap in the market?

I think we need more pairs, like Binance doing ETH/XXX .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: