Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:27:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if bitcoin price falls below the cost of mining it?  (Read 1388 times)
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:14:16 PM

The mining fee should not be higher than the actual value. Granting you are correct how can anybody use the coin when they have to pay more than the real value? Should mining fee become costly, it is for certain that the value of coins should even be higher than that otherwise bitcoin will be of no use to its users. And who will then mine without users? So the existence of one is always relative to the other. These things should be in harmony otherwise everything stops.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blondieture

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:45:23 PM

If that happens, the price of Bitcoin would fall dramatically because a lot of miners will exit and sell their BTC.
anjho.ace

Activity: 371
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:50:38 PM

There are many projects for that.
there are ongoing like the lightning network.
mining will not be a problem.
well i dont see bitcoin will go lower on price again.
we have seen less than a thousand value last year and it will not happen again.
Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:51:09 PM

Would bitcoin be able to recover? Are we safe since 80% of bitcoin has already been mined?

I remember it happened once in 2011 (https://www.themarysue.com/price-bitcoin-falls-below-mining/amp/).

this is my question so far, maybe in my opinion people will really leave BTC because of what we know to mine BTC we really need very large electricity, and of course our electricity bill will be very expensive, and not to mention operational and maintenance costs in the event of damage, but to date mining btc is still profitable and profitable so I think for now it is still safe
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:29:58 AM

Then I'd guess no one will mine it any more. I'd be guessing that since Bitcoin has already been mined, everyone else would just stick to trading bitcoin and eventually becomes more stable for adoption and would be used for what is it intenteye to be, a currency to exchange goods and services with

ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:37:55 AM

I think the mining process will stop unless the price can bounce up in shortly so the mining will not stop. But I don't think that the price will fall too deep because the miner will not let this is happening and I am sure that many people especially the big whales will hold the price to not down for more. For now, I think the miner is not getting many rewards from bitcoin mining and they still trying to survive in this conditions, and they support bitcoin so the price will increase later.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:29:46 AM

Would bitcoin be able to recover? Are we safe since 80% of bitcoin has already been mined?

I remember it happened once in 2011 (https://www.themarysue.com/price-bitcoin-falls-below-mining/amp/).
Lol, I’m not expecting that to happen, cause if it does happen, it will make a lot of miners to drop out and stop their mining. They wouldn’t be profiting from it and there wouldn’t be much miners left, so that might make the difficulty to increase. Although someone here said something good about it– he said it will make it possible for people to be able to mine Bitcoin with their laptops, although I don’t know if that’s true.
hokkaidoola

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:02:04 AM

At the present time, when the value of Bitcoin is decreasing but not much, we can expect that in the last few months of 2018, Bitcoin will have a boom in terms of value. But if they really fall below the price of digging, it is likely that diggers will stop digging but instead, they may become one of the investors in the world. Because they have a lot of experience in trading and exchanging them
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:08:21 PM

Lol, I’m not expecting that to happen, cause if it does happen, it will make a lot of miners to drop out and stop their mining. They wouldn’t be profiting from it and there wouldn’t be much miners left, so that might make the difficulty to increase. Although someone here said something good about it– he said it will make it possible for people to be able to mine Bitcoin with their laptops, although I don’t know if that’s true.
when all miner go out , no more bitcoin trascation confirmed and finally failed.with less miner, bitcoin transaction speed could be slower.and make people think this is not suitable anymore to replace fiat.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:08:39 PM

the possibility of investors and bitcoin enthusiasts will race to buy bitcoin for the mine and hope that someday bitcoin prices can skyrocket so they earn a significant profit when the price spike occurs

But i think when its happening there will be such a chaos in use of bitcoin and it even might make the price getting down more futher. The only things that can help market to grow is the real use case such as a blockchain use and also transaction of cryptocurrency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: