Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will blockchain kill traditional banking?  (Read 788 times)
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:59:38 AM

Will blockchain kill traditional banking?
Yes, eventually no need for the central dangerous money graping middle man.  Anyone can be paid get a loan or sent money with proper blockchain tech.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunX3

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 08:00:18 AM

Traditional banks will embrace blockchain technology, in fact, they are doing now. Banks will not dissapear, but people will have the ability to be less dependent on banks

Yeah I doubt they'd disappear as well. If anything, they'd probably try and adapt to blockchain tech and try to give crypto loans or something like that. Grin
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:01:18 AM

I think not. Because traditional banking is more reliable banking to those people who want to deposit and withdraw money even the transaction within is more hazel and to slow. Traditional banking is much more safer than digital banking although digital banking is much faster and less hazel than traditional banking and even digital banking is much profitable than traditional.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1160

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

I think not. Because traditional banking is more reliable banking to those people who want to deposit and withdraw money even the transaction within is more hazel and to slow. Traditional banking is much more safer than digital banking although digital banking is much faster and less hazel than traditional banking and even digital banking is much profitable than traditional.
No it will kill but it will take more time than we are expecting. Because the basic infrastructure for all the people around the world to adopt bitcoin or any other crypto currency might need more time to get setup. Until then we cannot expect our blockchain technology will be killing traditional banking system. But it will happen one day are other as the entire world is moving towards newer technology which will be making life more convenient and supporting people for their time saving.

If you look around the world people are switching over to smart phone with high-speed data connectivity which are the basic requirement for anyone to switch over to crypto based banking system. Surprisingly it is already happening in many part of the world and I do see it is the first step for killing traditional banking system.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:26:48 AM

This is could be happen in the future but at this times will hard that happen, because adoption of crypto still difficult for many people. Now just about 1% understanding how cryptocurrency work because any barrier of adoption. So need very long times for that.
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:40:00 AM

I think it is entirely possible, if the bank didn't blockchain and bitcoin pay enough attention to, so in the next blockchain and the bitcoin is entirely possible to replace the bank, they can completely replace the bank in now.

sedahan13

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:45:38 AM

I think no easy to do it, because not all people understand what is blockchain and cryptocurrency. Just like in my village, just me and 1 my friends who know about Bitcoin and others people here never heard about that and dont understand it. So traditional banking will still exist because alot of people does not know how Blockchain work.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
chanpinchen

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:01:53 AM

The traditional banking together with the financial system is a huge institution and in many ways it works rather inefficiently, but provide millions of employments. Banking industry is already adopting some of the blockchain technologies to improve efficiency, studying other for further use. Banks would likely to integrate blockchain technology to replace a certain operation to improve efficiency in a measured way. As most banks are more of a one stop platform, blockchain technology solution is more likely to work hand in hand with some of the traditional operation to provide a fast and humanly service to their customers.  
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:09:30 AM

A bunch of blockchain tech founders debate the question here: https://bitnewstoday.com/opinion/will-blockchain-kill-banks-or-financial-sector-can-use-this-technology-to-improve-its-efficiency/

James Song, founder of exsulcoin , is featured too. He's showing up everywhere these days.

Good read mate, but I think that banks, being a money and investment business entity, would not let that happen. Since many banks are also somehow connected and supported by their respective governments, it would not be easy for them to fall apart and close their business, especially the big ones. Therefore, what I am saying is that instead of being killed off, I think banks would shake their system and adjust to be able to make their business system jive and accommodate cryptocurrencies, knowing that it is a big business that they could score a lot of profit from, after all, like I said, banks are made to gain money and investments.

nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:13:17 AM

A bunch of blockchain tech founders debate the question here: https://bitnewstoday.com/opinion/will-blockchain-kill-banks-or-financial-sector-can-use-this-technology-to-improve-its-efficiency/

James Song, founder of exsulcoin , is featured too. He's showing up everywhere these days.

In my opinion it might. That's why so many banks are afraid of bitcoin as their natural competitor. But quite few of them already started implementing blockchain and more will follow

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:42:51 AM

I would like to say that I am waiting for a day when we will get rid of the traditional banking system and we all get synced in decentralized money management. Cryptos are gaining popularity and this is why most of the governments have started thinking how they can regulate it or bring it in use to further enhance their economy. After I was introduced to Crypto I just started hating banks more and more each day. The system that we all are using for years and years have so many flaws and only because there was no alternative, we just lived with it; but now things are changing and it is changing for good.

Soon everyone will be their own banker.

Continue to spread the word about Crypto to your family and friends.
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:51:06 AM

Banks will never be eliminated to the equation of financial industry because it is a big business and started way back the ancient civilization. If you look at the bank history banks only evolve and adapting to the current people’s life. In this regards, it is very safe to say that banks will survive and will finds ways to outsmart the cryptocurrency.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
sazon84

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:55:37 AM

In the near future, blockchain will not completely replace banks.  Since many people and businesses continue to use banks.  But it is important for banks to start using blockchain technologies in their activities, then they have a chance to stay.  Their activities will be of course partially modernized and will change.  To completely disclaim the banking system will take a long time - at least 10 years.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
J_CCreate
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:09:52 AM

I think i will. Because we don`t need so many people working in banks when we can have one big robot called blockchain working for all those people. That`s silly.
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:11:26 AM

Of course, we are heading towards that era already. As blockchain based innovation continues to grow and expand, killing the traditional banking industry is not a huge task.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:20:02 AM

I do not think that it would be possible to completely eliminate traditional banking, but blockchain will definitely change it. Banks will adopt blockchain technology for their own purposes, for example to speed up international transactions.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
creamy08

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

No traditional bank can't be killed by blockhain but simply surpass them.Goverments would not allow blockchain to replace banks.In the first place why should be this be ask,i think its better to ask that what if banks starts to use the blockchain technology.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:27:58 AM

Blockchain technology is more that cryptocurrencies. The tech in itself can be used for a variety of stuff, like transparent ledger and accounting. Thus, I think the banks and other financial institutions at some-point will have to embrace it, especially when clients are demanding more transparency for the monies.
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:37:47 AM

I hope it would become a reality some day but it's not our near future. Banks have power to discredit cryptocurrencies to prevent their use.

Regar

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:41:59 AM

I like to say that blockchain will not kill traditional banking but they will collaborating, traditional banking will innovating and adapt to financial technology, then they both collaborating to give best services.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: