Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:51:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will blockchain kill traditional banking?  (Read 788 times)
mechtronics

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:05:26 AM

The existence of a blockchain may reduce some of the bank's business, but it cannot replace banks. After all, people in society don't like risk. Some of them like stable income. Even if profits are low, they don't want to take the pressure.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 03:14:47 AM

the Government will not let the traditional banking is dead because each country still requires it. blockchain itself does have a great system but not yet applied in all countries and also not even all countries accept it. blockchain system itself seems thus will become advocates for traditional banking as their security systems and if true could join will certainly be better.

pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:30:42 AM

Banks will always be banks and it will remain even if cryptocurrencies are already dominating. It will just affect traditional banking in many ways but let's don't forget Ripple which is backed by big banks around the world.
In other words, banks are already embracing the blockchain technology and it will just make a new breed of banking which is a hybrid one.

IL.Guerreiro

Activity: 118

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

A bunch of blockchain tech founders debate the question here: https://bitnewstoday.com/opinion/will-blockchain-kill-banks-or-financial-sector-can-use-this-technology-to-improve-its-efficiency/

James Song, founder of exsulcoin , is featured too. He's showing up everywhere these days.
Yes it is possible. From the term itself "traditional" traditional system serves Us well until the modern thing was discovered and much more advantage. So yes, blockchain can replace traditional system soon.
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:24:19 PM

In my opinion It will not kill the traditional banking. I think the both will co-exist and work together  with the   traditional banking serving as off chain
No one can predict the future. All we do is to assume but i thin its  really is so hard to destroy the traditional banking and Blockchain will be a good helping hand for those banks to improve their service and transaction speed. Blockchain was being recognized all over the world and even well known banks and business are now using it. Blockchain will evolve in time together with traditional banking system.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:24:13 PM

No it won't kill it, but I could see the 2 merging, and having traditional banks using blockchain technology.  There are to many problems that the blockchain has to limit it's success.  A huge one being hackers/scammers. 

The majority of people will choose the safety net the banks offer over any benefits switching over to a blockchain will give.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:23:24 PM

Traditional banks are an indispensable attribute of each state. Implementation of the plan for the development of the country's economy and financing of all projects of the country takes place through banks. Therefore, banks will always exist. In addition, the main function of banks - the issuance of loans at interest with the advent and introduction of crypto currencies into our lives will also remain virtually unchanged. Now more and more banks are switching to the use of a digital ripple coin with its advanced blockchein technology. That is, banks adapt to the technology of crypto currency and will exist in parallel with it.
Zverek

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:43:29 PM

Perhaps, as such, the banking system will not exist soon, but it is unlikely that we will see it. And the blockchain technology itself will soon be implemented in all sectors of the economy, not only in the economy. This is already happening now, they say little about it, but soon we will all see.....
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:50:26 PM

Perhaps, as such, the banking system will not exist soon, but it is unlikely that we will see it. And the blockchain technology itself will soon be implemented in all sectors of the economy, not only in the economy. This is already happening now, they say little about it, but soon we will all see.....
Blockchain is not going to kill banking. There is also an adaptive phase that they can do to make their systems stronger in the economy.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:53:32 PM

I don't think blockchain will kill traditional banking. We still need the banks, you know? However, since blockchain has started to take over in the near future, the banks have no other choice but to ride on with the trend.

In the Philippines, one of the banks has decided to ride with the blockchain trend. They have partnered with Ethereum when it comes to blockchain payments using their platform. I believe that other banks around the world will slowly adopt to this trend.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
xmas7

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:59:45 PM

Probably not in the near future. But it can be good alternative to classic payments. Because you are owner of your coins and no institution has access to it if you have it in your own wallet.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:03:43 PM

A bunch of blockchain tech founders debate the question here: https://bitnewstoday.com/opinion/will-blockchain-kill-banks-or-financial-sector-can-use-this-technology-to-improve-its-efficiency/

James Song, founder of exsulcoin , is featured too. He's showing up everywhere these days.
The Blockchain and the Banks operate on two different models, one is centralized whereas the other is decentralized. Each has a unique feature the other cannot provide. Replacement of the bank by blockchain seems quite impossible but the worst that can happen in the future is the banks coming to accept Blockchain technology and its cryptocurrency in its operations. Right now, what scares the banks is the decentralized nature of the blockchain which is capable of giving power back to the people in terms of financing(no authoritative third party interference).
babay_ko

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:17:56 PM

Blokchan is a very young technology that is not so popular in the socium as banking. I think it's just not enough to introduce blockchain.

IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:25:58 PM

There are a lot of functionality that the blockchain technology could manage to cater what traditional banks is doing. This will definitely hurt the bank system and it may materially affect their operation. Some banks may close because of this but not basically all.
Diniil

Activity: 280

ELONCITY

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:49:11 PM

I doubt that traditional banks will die. I am sure that banks will start using blockchain technology and earn even more money.

MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:15:22 PM

I do not think that blockchain & crypto-currency will be able to replace traditional banking system completely. It is possible that they will exist in parallel. Today, crypto currency is more a commodity than money.
iRakic

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:18:10 PM

Blockchain technology will change the way the world handles things - not just banking. Concerning "traditional banking", I don't believe that it will be killed, it will just take another, weaker form, unfortunately.
AllthewayUUppp

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:13:52 PM

Blockchain technology will change the way the world handles things - not just banking. Concerning "traditional banking", I don't believe that it will be killed, it will just take another, weaker form, unfortunately.

Yes it is true blockchain technology has the high possibility that could destroy the traditional banking that's why a lot of banks out there participating here at cryptoworld printing as much as money as they can just to collect as much as they can the supply of Bitcoin and ETH. Right now they really aware what effect of blockchain technology can do to them.
Kiefner

Activity: 921

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:19:58 PM

I think that large Banks, banking systems, just do not see the point in the use of blockchain technology. In a few years, when the blockchain system will show itself from all sides, then it is possible that banks will think about this.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: