Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed! Any chance? [HIGH REWARD]  (Read 162 times)
alcesalces (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:44:29 PM

I have significant amount of money in my Electrum 2FA wallet. My 2FA and seed are not working (Probably got the wrong ones saved). I still have access to wallet, keys etc. Any chance? Anyone who could help [VERY HIGH reward]?

Thanks
ma7555

Activity: 65
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:52:34 PM

The 2FA wallet is using 3 signatures, where only 2 of them are required in order to fully sign the transaction. Your seed contains 2 of them and trustedcoin holds the third.

Your current situation is that you hold only one of those 3 in your wallet.dat, Since your seed is not correct then you can forget about the second one forever.

Your only hope now is the third one held by TrustedCoin and i don't know if they will be willing to provide their key to you at all as it will just make the whole service meaningless.

You can try though to contact them and sign a message with the key you hold to prove you hold at least that key and maybe they could co-operate.

It seems very strange that you missed saving your seed and also lost your authenticator code. If you were using Authy you can still retrieve it back even if you lost your phone. Let me know if this is the case.
alcesalces (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:57:54 AM

Thank you much for your answer!

It is what I thought - my only hope is to beg trustedcoin.com for help Sad

What happened was when I started this wallet I was very inexperienced and did not really have a clue what I was doing. My computer froze upon opening the first one so I thought it was broken. I opened a second one right after and somehow I managed to save the 2fa and seed for the wrong (empty) one. I deleted the duplicate 2FA from Google Authenticator (the wrong one). What's worse I kept depositing coins and with assumption it's all fine I have never really checked sending out funds until few days ago Sad

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:12:32 AM

Thank you much for your answer!

What happened was when I started this wallet I was very inexperienced and did not really have a clue what I was doing. My computer froze upon opening the first one so I thought it was broken. I opened a second one right after and somehow I managed to save the 2fa and seed for the wrong (empty) one. I deleted the duplicate 2FA from Google Authenticator (the wrong one). What's worse I kept depositing coins and with assumption it's all fine I have never really checked sending out funds until few days ago Sad

First, prove by looking at the transactions, wallet history and seed that the "empty one" is the one that you have the seed for.

Electrum allows several wallets, the default that comes up is named "default_wallet."

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:54:12 PM

Another user on this forum did have the same problem.
It seems like he was being able to get another 2FA code after emailing the trustedcoin support.
As long as you have access to an email associated with your account, you may be able to get another 2FA code.
It seems you only need access to the associated email to get another code. You can contact them here: https://api.trustedcoin.com/#/contact-us

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: