Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:28:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck transaction (185 satoshi per byte) for two days  (Read 114 times)
Yummycurry (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:13:08 PM

Hi guys,

Two days ago I sent the following transaction: 6f917d372316dead7ada76fdc7f2f854c7344df7d31c8a7bd6e454ede1110806

I used the "economic fee" of 185 satoshi per byte (amounting for 5$ for an approx 50$ transaction). The priority fee would have been around 11$ and I thought it was a bit excessive given the small amount that I was sending. I have read a lot about transactions that get stuck due to low fees, but after checking several fee-estimation platforms it doesn't seem that my fee is so low.

Double spending with a higher fee or trying a child-pays-for-parent is not an option for me as I cannot afford to loose yet another chunk of the transaction. Similarily, using an accelerator would cost me more that the money that I want to send. Rebroadcasting doesn't seem to help at all.

Any ideas on what to do? I am resigned to wait, but I was just wondering if it is normal that a 185 s/b transaction gets stuck and is ignored for so long (?). Is there extreme traffic on the network at the moment?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:09:14 PM

You can still try to use ViaBTC's free accelerator, but you should pick the right time to try.
Slots are open every hour, so you'd need to find when they are reset, I suppose once every hour.

https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

Here's another way to accelerate your transaction with antpool:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1951859.0

FYI, these methods are free.

Yummycurry (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:08:29 PM

Hey eternalgloom, thank you for your answer.

I tried the first accelerator and I receive the message that "submissions are beyond limit". How could I find the right spot to submit? By trial and error?

As for the second, it asks for my mobile number, which I am not comfortable giving. Is there any other (free) way to push this forward?

Thanks in advance!
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16544

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 07:11:30 AM

Two days ago I sent the following transaction: 6f917d372316dead7ada76fdc7f2f854c7344df7d31c8a7bd6e454ede1110806
Your problem is this unconfirmed input with 50 satoshi/byte, that transaction will have to confirm first.

I used the "economic fee" of 185 satoshi per byte (amounting for 5$ for an approx 50$ transaction).
I've seen lower fees than that get confirmed in the past hours, but your input's fee is still far too low.

Is there extreme traffic on the network at the moment?
There is, and has been for quite a while now.

I tried the first accelerator and I receive the message that "submissions are beyond limit". How could I find the right spot to submit? By trial and error?
I like to say "impeccable timing", it resets every whole hour, and you have at best a few seconds to enter your transaction. But you'll need to enter your unconfirmed input first.

As for the second, it asks for my mobile number, which I am not comfortable giving. Is there any other (free) way to push this forward?
ViaBTC is the best I've found. I've tried Antpool (just get a cheap prepaid simcard), but so far I can't say with certainty it ever worked for me.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████