Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:45:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just setup an account on bitbargain.co.uk and bought my first 2.5 BTC  (Read 1428 times)
synf2n (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:41:25 AM

I intend on buying some coffee and a couple of ASICMiner USB eruptors and donating on reddit and to open source projects that I get a lot of use of.

Setting up on https://bitbargain.co.uk was very straightforward. It requires sending off photo-id for security, but it's good the site is secure. It didn't take long to get my ID verified ( a few hours ) and I paid for BTC using Barclays Pingit.

I have been learning as much as possible about bitcoin over the 11 months and only now got round to starting to dabble. I am one of the mugs who pre-ordered  BFL jala's and it probably wont be until December until I get my units.

Now I have some actual BTC. Does anyone have a straightforward way of securing ones wallet?
tschimske

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:50:12 PM

You can use http://www.bitsafe.at/ for example.
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:57:53 PM

My friend, it's a bad time to buy bitcoins. If I were you I would have waited for the price to go back to 70-80$, buy some bitcoins and wait for it to go back up to 90-100$. (Ofcourse unless another country's government goes corrupt(which unfortunately, they always are(I'm talking extremely corrupt here)) and the citizens of the country turns towards the bitcoin network for hope, buying out most of the bitcoins in circulation making the price skyrocket up to 200-?$, which is unlikely to happen) Note: the above is just my opinion, if you disagree, then disagree......
synf2n (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:05:38 PM

Thanks for the info.

Regarding the purchase of BTC at the moment:  One of the reasons  I bought now was not to invest but to take advantage of the low price eruptor group buys happening at the moment which must be paid with BTC. I didn't have enough for that.

If I were to invest, I would probably wait until prices were a bit better though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: