Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:41:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockexplorer - BTC and BCH  (Read 94 times)
MoonIsBlue (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:54:35 PM

So blockexplorer put a notice on their website

How do you guys feel about this? I kind of agree, I have some sentiment towards BTC but it is obvious that the situation is rather dire. I'm fed up with high transaction fees and long waiting times when they could easily improve on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvpD3iF9DCA&feature=youtu.be

Also I think Rick has a good point, my only real concern as I don't really care about the BTC v BCH battle, I think I speak for any user in the end who just wants whatever works, is that the altcoin market can be drastically affected by this, or maybe Ethereum can stand its ground in this? But that's only if this really gets taken serious by a majority of BTC holders/users.

superbotolo

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:58:11 PM

I respect their decision to give more importance to BCH, but I don't think they have the right to change names to cryptocurrencies. Who are they to decide to call Bitcoin Cash Bitcoin and Bitcoin Bitcoin Legacy?!? This will create huge confusion in the market and it smells like a poor attempt to influence the exchange rate in favor of a coin that, most likely, they are heavily invested in.
MoonIsBlue (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:02:30 PM

I respect their decision to give more importance to BCH, but I don't think they have the right to change names to cryptocurrencies. Who are they to decide to call Bitcoin Cash Bitcoin and Bitcoin Bitcoin Legacy?!? This will create huge confusion in the market and it smells like a poor attempt to influence the exchange rate in favor of a coin that, most likely, they are heavily invested in.

I think anyone in this space that is concerned about BTC or BCH is heavily invested. I don't think thats the point anymore, the point is; what actually works? Why would anyone want to use BTC if it keeps going like this? BTC became big because you own your wealth and you can trade that wealth P2P without middleman keeping costs down and speed high. If it can't do that, and doesn't want to live up to that then whats the point in using it at all? Because everyone thinks the price can still go tenfold? Sorry to break it but then you're just in a ponzi scheme. Hoping to dump your unusuable crap onto someone else for a profit.

jenny399

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:05:48 PM

well its id they are giving priority ot BCH , as it it growing fast and BTC is not going more up, but changing the names of the cyrptocurency? i dont understand this..
MoonIsBlue (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:16:01 PM

well its id they are giving priority ot BCH , as it it growing fast and BTC is not going more up, but changing the names of the cyrptocurency? i dont understand this..

Well how would you explain to someone new he/she has to pay a 20$ fee on a 100$ transaction?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: