Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mew safe now??  (Read 3755 times)
Fu.Sin

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:04:31 PM

God protects the protected God. If you doubt something, do not do it. Find something else. There are many duplicate phishing sites that read your information and use it.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:25:35 PM

I think, info that myetherwallet is a big lie. MEW already confirmed it.
I see there is a new token that BLUE is the first to make a statement that myetherwallet has been hacked. Their DNS was hacked. but what happens is there is a phishing site where the letter capital "i" in "myetherwallet". if not observant, then I'm sure our account also hit. that's why we are so important to bookmark important sites where we place our private key. not only Ethereum wallet but also our Bitcoin wallet

onewaytwogo

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:31:48 PM

I look forward to ID2.0 when you become accountable for your remarks.. you make FUD with no substantiation .. your rep drops..
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:34:03 PM

Huh damnit i wanted to sell my vibe tokens, but to afraid to log in...  Angry

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?
Why are you worried? If you bookmarked www.myetherwallet.com and you'll be safe from those phishers. That's the real MEW and you don't have to be redirected in other fake websites that are published and looking for their preys to be targeted who are not aware of why they are doing. Well Vibe is live on binance now so you are going to transfer it and trade right?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
crypto.cr

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:35:08 PM

its absolutely safe. most reliable wallet still now . follow them on twitter you will get the update news all time  
manbearcoon

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:38:58 PM

Agreed on MEW being safe. I made extra sure to have the latest OS, Chrome, and AV updates on my computer. Also enabled Chrome site isolation as recommended by the MEW team. https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/site-isolation
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:41:56 PM

There is nothing wrong with myetherwallet ab initio! During the senseless FUD, I was transacting as normal on MEW. I learnt couple of disgrunted fellows were trying to get back at MEW Team!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
micoholic

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:42:02 PM

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?

Why don't you just enter manually the website instead of bookmarking it? I rather prefer that way as I really, really hate to have more tabs on my browser, looks really messy and unorganize. This makes me more confuse and might affect my decision which will I priority first. Bookmarked sites are trusted since it's a restore save point of the site that you have visited. Unless, you bookmarked a false or phishing website. Detecting a phishing site is really easy just by noticing of the website name, this could be done as the more you visit the site everyday, you'll get used to its name and will easily find out if there is something suspicious within the site.
Svandis

Activity: 76
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:43:25 PM

MEW is safe, it was just usual FUD. Just use the right link and check everything before logging in Smiley

https://svandis.io/
▲ SVANDIS ⇔ TOKEN SALE Q2 2018 ▲
▲TIMING IS EVERYTHING  ⇔ ALL DATA - ONE PLACE ▲
Bonanzacoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:55:23 PM

i allways check 3 times even with bookmarked sites. And i dont believe in hardware wallet. Its all on the blockchain anyway.
sabina2011

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:59:52 PM

I think MEW changes the interface, you can now view your balance without pasting the private key, instead you can view your balances by just using the wallet address, unless you are to do outgoing transactions you need to key in those private keys. I hope I am on the correct site.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rexter

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:07:03 AM

MEW is a safe wallet just only be careful the URL you are entered better to bookmark the site once you entered it so that when you use your MEW again just click the bookmark and it is safe to use.
flowdon

Activity: 340
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:19:39 AM

I think mew is ok for now,  i just logged in yesterday.  But always check the url before you login and input any of your data. And Dont trust anyone.

yigitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:39:36 AM

two days ago when I want to see my wallet I faced warning I didnt login After that I searched what should I do. I found metamask I set up metamask in order to upgrade my security. I think now is safe.
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:50:04 AM

Since when myetherwallet is not secure? I use this website for years now and it is still very safe mate, just be careful with the URL and dont click on random link in your email because they are a lot of phishing website.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:55:39 AM

I bookmarked it the site of myetherwallet here is the correct site https://www.myetherwallet.com/ MEW is safe to use but be careful there are many phishing site that its looks like MEW and don't click the phishing MEW mail in your email, hackers send you that kind of email so be careful.

Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:00:46 AM

i allways check 3 times even with bookmarked sites. And i dont believe in hardware wallet. Its all on the blockchain anyway.
That's why you should believe in hardware wallet, you have to confirm in hardware wallet if you want to send the token somewhere else and the hacker can't do anything about that because he doesn't have the access to the hardware wallet itself. It's better to pay a little and have secured wallet rather than paranoid all the time.

MEW is always safe, it's just the user that enter their private key to phising site that makes them loses their money.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:11:55 AM

I think mew now is safe to use but you still need to be careful when you login. make sure you save your private keys otherwise you could get hacked in any second. make sure you open the right site and don't login and continue if you feel something is not right and log out as soon as you can after you finish to sending your tokens into the exchanges. don't keep the tokens in your mew account because you can lose your account if you are not careful.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 06:14:44 AM

That's why you should believe in hardware wallet, you have to confirm in hardware wallet if you want to send the token somewhere else and the hacker can't do anything about that because he doesn't have the access to the hardware wallet itself. It's better to pay a little and have secured wallet rather than paranoid all the time.

Yes I agree this sir to avoid always worried from wallet going to hack why you did not buy a most secure wallet or that offline wallet, hardware wallet is the most safest wallet using flash drive wallet on ledger. If you have a huge amount of ethereum or ERC20 token base you must buy this wallet.
But i think MEW is safe for storing your ethereum you are the one who holding you're private key every time you log in.
There's some tips on you're balance to avoid possible hack, don't put all you're eggs in one basket. Grin

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
████████▄████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:35:42 AM

Always bookmark the correct website link and whenever you want to login ensure that the SAL green bar was active before you attempt to unlock your wallet. Better still you may consider using Metamask chrome extension to manage your addresses.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: