Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:03:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mew safe now??  (Read 3755 times)
realsmans

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:27:56 PM

Always bookmark the correct website link and whenever you want to login ensure that the SAL green bar was active before you attempt to unlock your wallet. Better still you may consider using Metamask chrome extension to manage your addresses.
You are right, but the news was saying that mew was hacked, and if you even enter right link, you could send your entered information to the scammers, or I'm wrong?

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
realsmans

Activity: 196

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:29:38 PM

all right, I need to be very careful and do not give your key to anyone, Now airdrop require the private key, not vkoem case do not share this information!
Stop using translator for fully translation, learn language.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
semutracing

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:36:21 PM

Huh damnit i wanted to sell my vibe tokens, but to afraid to log in...  Angry

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?

I already use mew to store my tokens that I get from bounty program, mew is very difficult to hijack, as long you not share your pass key, to bookmark the mew address it is highly recommended to avoid you getting stuck in phishing web
CoderTerganteng

Activity: 271
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:38:19 PM

So far mew still safe.. but use they correct site domain.. bookmark it.. dont go to advertising link.. because to many phising web from ads link.. bookmark myetherwallet.com !
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 04:42:59 PM

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?
It's safe but what's not safe are those trying to mimic MEW. The thing is they use a different URL but looks like the original one so many people are fooled. Even those experienced once can get fooled with it.

satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:43:36 PM

Yes, it was fake news (look at the MeW twitter). But you should afraid of fishing, always check MeW URL! It`ll be your fault, if you enter your private key!

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
belalangsembah

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:45:09 PM

I suggest you use mew to store your tokens, and if you currently use the mew and bookmark the mew address in your web browser, it is the right step, to avoid you losing your token from the hijackers
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:46:43 PM

If you are using the MEW since very long time and you book marked it at very early time then I think its safe to use on your computer. What I will suggest is not to use the public internet to access the MEW, the public interest is always flooded with trojans which are ready to phishing and can really show the look alike page to you. So better in that case you use your personal internet, access the site from your bookmarked link.

After reaching the site make sure you are landed on the page which is showing up the green link with https start, the "s" is really important here which assures the secure connection. So just follow the official rules and you are good to go.
among

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:48:55 PM

when you log in as you used To, its obvious if its not the real MEW, but stay away From public wifi,
akonrupom

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:51:12 PM

Glad to know that mew is save now!

I wanted to sell my tokens...
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:55:45 PM

Yes, MEW is always safe. Just beware of phishing and go to the correct website. I suggest you to invest in a hardware wallet, you are able to use MEW with it.
bitcahunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:08:24 PM

I am sure Mew wallet is safe. My advise is to check info out better. God thought google for us) We can check out any information. ( sorry for stupid jokes)
P.s. Anybody has problem with etherscan?
Stasnislav11

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:18:18 PM

lately I've been hearing more and more from people that their MEW wallet was hacked, so I think that this wallet is not as safe as us govaryat
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:27:30 PM

Okay, i dont want use PK as login key. How about i use JSON, it is safe too? Also, i will try the offline. I dont want my tokens just blew away

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
colenax

Activity: 376

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:30:34 PM

I never had a problem with the mew wallet, I think purse mew is very safe and easy to use. although sometimes there is often interference

natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:20:39 AM

As of today , I think it is safe to use our etherwallet now. Some user already transfer or deposit funds in exchanges using mew or etherwallet but i am not guarantee sure that is really safe to login our private key because there are some that says that thier wallet had been scammed.
Bergiolia

Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:23:07 AM

Myetherwallet is always safe, why people have more concern about it?
MEW creates a waist for and it generates public and private key and it is up to you how you gonna protect it once your myetherwallet has variable coins and tokens in it.

Bergiolia

Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:26:25 AM

As of today , I think it is safe to use our etherwallet now. Some user already transfer or deposit funds in exchanges using mew or etherwallet but i am not guarantee sure that is really safe to login our private key because there are some that says that thier wallet had been scammed.

If you're computer and your browser has been compromised by hijackers then it's time to have serious attention to your computer because myetherwallet is actually safe but the holders and users aren't responsible enough to protect their digital keys. So be careful, use your own computer and make sure you had installed good anti virus and always raise up the network firewall.

etherclassic

Activity: 317
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:33:41 AM

Myetherwallet is always safe, why people have more concern about it?
MEW creates a waist for and it generates public and private key and it is up to you how you gonna protect it once your myetherwallet has variable coins and tokens in it.
Yes you are right, the losing of token or ethereum is resposibility of the owners, i saw the users on here just blamed about the myetherwallet but seem they don't know how to protect the the funds on there, i don't know why the people always blamed everything if there are an rumors without learning first about the problem and never research about it, it is sad for the community of digital coins.
Lucky_U

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:39:01 AM

MEW never was unsafe. There was a fake news about MEW hack. Your wallet security depends on you the most, be aware of fishing websites and keep your private key in a safe place.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: