Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:29:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mew safe now??  (Read 3743 times)
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:40:15 AM

If you're computer and your browser has been compromised by hijackers then it's time to have serious attention to your computer because myetherwallet is actually safe but the holders and users aren't responsible enough to protect their digital keys. So be careful, use your own computer and make sure you had installed good anti virus and always raise up the network firewall.
MyEtherwallet is always safe but the risk of phishing when logging in MyEtherwallet with browser is very high, better use Metamask, Ledger Wallet or Mobile Wallet App.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:41:16 AM

Yes, I think now it is completely protected, but still it is worthwhile to establish a metamask to completely exclude the possibility of data compromise, so it's worth seriously thinking about this, personally I think
europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:48:42 AM

Huh damnit i wanted to sell my vibe tokens, but to afraid to log in...  Angry

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?
Make sure you have bookmarked the right website , after this , you are safe to log in .
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:30:07 PM

Myetherwallet is very safe and easy to use at the same time. The ease of transaction on MEW is quite applaudable, I have never had issues as to using it. But, you need to be very cautious in your usage of MEW, make sure to keep your private keys safe and never release it to any 3rd party or falling victim of phishing.
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:35:59 PM

none of the wallets are safe, all have systems that can be broken at any time, but I think MEW is safe enough, why are we still exposed to phishing, that is because there are so many phishing sites that keep us trapped and that makes our wallet easy to collapse, very dear mew, has not provided more security

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
Honourable11

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:47:05 PM

I think my etherwallet is now safe to login to, just be careful and make sure you are visiting the right website, avoid using links that will direct you from one site to MEW, moreover don't always use your private key only when it is necessary to do so.
urchent

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:50:09 PM

I use MEW and did not encounter any problems, it seems that it is safe
Remilekun1

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:00:36 PM

I don't think any thing is wrong with my ether wallet. Though it been long I used it but i do use explorer and etherscan. And there is nothing wrong with it.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:06:23 PM

I have ever heard about the news of MEW hacked for some days and many people lost their coins. I also felt afraid of that situation at that time that drove me not opening my MEW. However right now, I'm still using this wallet to store some my coins. I think it is save. I also have some wallets and diversify my coins as well to avoid that bad thing happens.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:13:07 PM

Was there a time they are not safe? I think no till date have been using the for about a year now and nothing has ever happened to them, just like we all know it's the best holder for our altcoins. The only problem I think some people have using myetherwallet is that they are not that vigilant with links they clink on and most people use Google as a searching method before clicking on to visit the site which most times leads them to the wrong site, and you hear people with different such of stories like myetherwallet has been hacked. Just be careful with the site you visit rather links.
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:14:48 PM

you can get the correct detail from coinmarket cap . if any time you doubt about the website just check it on coin market cap. yes mew is safe but i always suggest to use hardware wallet as it is always better to be safer side always.
terrific

Activity: 2142
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:17:02 PM

Bookmark MEW and you will have no problem with phishing links.
Don't also be a gullible person that when someone emails you says that you have won a token or airdrop, don't be fooled.
Protect yourself from those people that are looking for their victims to hack.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

suzanogbomo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 11:17:44 PM

I think it has always been safe, you only need to be extra careful when using it since you are interacting directly with you private keys
xhibit1

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:19:45 PM

i've been hacked sometime ago. what i do now is to import my MEW into my imtoken and carry out my transactions from there. There are so many hackers on MEW platform.
Neytiri

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:20:45 PM

i think  that my ether wallet is the safest wallet one can use and it so easy and convenient for using i personally use only my ether wallet but i try to keep it safe as possible i have put the site in favorites in the screen of my laptop and i use an extension that check ifthe site is not a scam and i dont ever  provide my key anywhere.

Jassi.21jaspreet
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:21:34 PM

I always fear of using mew as I have heard that people are loosing their funds in mew because of their mistake. Mew is always safe but it depends how you are using it.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:22:42 PM

Huh damnit i wanted to sell my vibe tokens, but to afraid to log in...  Angry

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?

A very good question is whether you can trust sites in bookmarks, because a hacker can change the bookmark and enter a phishing copy of the site.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
jeungo

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:24:54 PM

Any site can be dangerous if you are poorly versed in network security. I think that it was not dangerous, it's just that many users did not look at any certificates, signatures, or kept keys too openly.
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:28:10 PM

I don't think any thing is wrong with my ether wallet. Though it been long I used it but i do use explorer and etherscan. And there is nothing wrong with it.
OP was posting this thread last January when there is a phishing site pretending to be MEW but it has been resolved already. The best way not to fall into a phishing site is to bookmarked once you have confirmed that it is the legitimate site.
btsjungkook

Activity: 333
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:07:13 PM

A tool is as safe as the one that wields it, I have seen many people losing their coins by holding their coins in that wallet but it is not the fault of MEW, MEW is just a facilitator and nothing more they do not hold your private keys or anything so if you lose that information it is impossible to recover it, if you have a computer free of viruses you can use MEW without problems but if that is not the case then use another wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: