Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:22:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mew safe now??  (Read 3755 times)
ThePromise

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:07:21 PM

Huh damnit i wanted to sell my vibe tokens, but to afraid to log in...  Angry

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?
see for the link you bookmark if its the legit site, there are some users who spread wrong links, better to look for it before you log in your wallet. and if you bookmark the legit site, then you are safe.

Thesaintplague

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

https://www.jacs.tech/

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:09:09 PM

MEW is always safe. When attackers steal your money from your wallet, you are solely responsible for this problem. You are responsible for the safety of your private keys and entering the correct address https://MeEtherWallet.com

JACS   ♦♦♦   Internet 3.0 Decentralized Infrastructure
▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.jacs.tech/     ▬▬▬▬▬▬
JGreg96

Activity: 602
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:11:58 PM

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?

if you do not trust mew you can use mycrypto or noku. Or if you are very skeptical you can download the offline version of mew or mycrypto

BTCBTCBTC
beehimneff

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:19:12 PM

Yeah, I have that fear sometimes, too. So I try to go to the wallet only when necessary! Ledger is the best wallet to store cryptocurrency and that is why it is not free. Grin
Doovla

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:22:15 PM

Yes, MEW had some little attacks by hackers. Despite to that it has now the safest security measures and one of the easiest access to your wallet. So yes, bookmarking is not danger.
UnreasonableInvestor

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:29:21 PM

I'm a novice investor. And I also plan to work in bounty campaigns. My friends say good reviews about the ethereum-wallet, which is necessary when working in the bounty.
JakenBake

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:29:08 PM

myetherwallet.com gets the worst wrap ever.  Everyone blames them as being non secure when they type in the wrong URL.  WTF people.  You can't blame them when you don't get the address correct.  Another classic is calling this hacking.  It's no hacking just careless people making big mistakes. 
Zigzagkuy

Activity: 384

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:32:02 PM

I think MEW is now safe. Because all this time I used mew and kept storing my altcoins there. I believe in mew because I have never felt the loss of my altcoins. So you don't need to think about security. Because I think it's safe enough for now. And you have to be careful about phishing web.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:34:31 PM

I always enter the wallet through the MetaMask extension. But I also check the website address just in case. In General, it is always better to use such methods that do not require you to constantly enter the private key to enter the wallet.
Checkoi

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:36:01 PM

now I can say that it is exactly safe and I think that this is the best purse with which I once worked. I personally had no problems with him

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:37:32 PM

My ether wallet is always safe if you are sure and using the right domain name personally I'm using metamask and imtoken combo and work fine for me good luck
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:08:15 AM

Yes it is ! Recently MEW are having some problems on requesting transactions because of too much load in the Ethereum blockchain and there are some problems related on it like , some pished exchanges sites using MEW are active. For now, it is safe to use again because the technical team fixed those troubles.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
mari12

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:22:55 PM

Myetherwallet as far as I know, has always been safe. That is the only Ethereum wallet I have had since I joined the cryptocurrency industry, and I have never had cause to worry about it. Many times I see people complain about it, and honestly speaking, I wonder if it is the same Myetherwallet that I use that they are complaining about.
Banulit

Activity: 674

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:37:51 PM

You can bookmark the real mew site for the safety because there a phishing site copying the real mew site for who wants to create a wallet I refer this link https://www.myetherwallet.com/

wow.magic

Activity: 303
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:40:53 PM

Its perfectly save, you can use it. the news on twitter its FUD dont trust it, as long you bookmark the right site, youll be fine.
MEW is safe as long as you did not give your key to anyone and always provide a back up key for you wallet to avoid scams or hacking. I consider MEW as the best ether wallet I ever had and I trust on this.
olyamart2017

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:21:25 AM

A phishing site can be an absolutely exact copy of the original. with bookmarks there will be no problems. And you should turn to the icon in the upper left corner of the browser that the site is protected.
Tejas05
Copper Member

Activity: 560

NextPakk

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 11:31:01 AM

AS long as you go to MEW official website and give all your details, it is safe. These phishing occur due to our own negligence.

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
vova.andreyan.94

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:35:05 AM

By itself, the wallet is safe, the main thing is not to keep the keys from the purse on the computer!
ezakmisd

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:42:04 AM

Do not look at scammers, because they need to get money from you, do not give anything and do not go by the links, listen to me. Thank you. Smiley There are many finalists of blockade, but you should choose yourself, because they are each of its own quality, despite its shortcomings. Thank you, respectfully. Smiley
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:14:03 PM

Did you first archive the private key or JSON file in metamask?
if yes, you can use https://www.myetherwallet.com to send your Token, and it works properly, you only need to prepare a GAS fee for shipping
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: