Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:59:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mew safe now??  (Read 3755 times)
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:12:08 PM

I think MEW is no longer safe after it is easy to be targeted by hackers. Currently I am using Ginco on my iPhone to store Bitcoin and altcoin. You can look over here, I found it quite easy to use within minutes

https://ginco.io/en/
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:18:38 PM

You can be more safe if you use metamask on pc and imtoken in mobile to achieve the ease of use those two option are proven to be the safest crypto wallet in the space
Najam11

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:20:34 PM

myetherwallet.com is the correct site
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:23:55 PM

Huh damnit i wanted to sell my vibe tokens, but to afraid to log in...  Angry

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?

I still use Myether wallet and I was able to sold my tokens without anything happen so I am confident  that this is already safe to use but I will use one wallet for every campaigns.
imopogicute

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:42:50 PM

for me all the wallets are safe. so we lose money because of negligence so be careful and know the password of each account for not losing money.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
redtag070

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

MEW is a relatively safe site and I think that it is a wallet.
I think that it is safe unless you tell someone a private key.

There are fraud in Airdrops, so you have to be careful because you may be asked for a private key.
MEW's private key is yours. Even if asked, do not teach.
pogicute1234

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:14:42 PM

for me YES because here is one apps that can not be hacked by bad guys. And we know the wallet super security it uses with pass code or finger print for smart phones.
StevenCS

Activity: 319

Apeswap Finance

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:11:20 PM

I have never experienced a problem with myetherwallet, until now it is still very safe, and it is very easy to determine phishing sites, in addition to bookmarks you also have to be careful in looking at the myetherwallet link, so in my opinion myetherwallet is very safe

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:17:42 PM

There has been alot of phishing scam attempt on myetherwallet but one must be very careful when opening the website not to be redirected to the phishing website. If you feel unsafe with myetherwallet I suggest you use metamask wallet.

Nikolas_the_Wonderworker

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:44:41 PM

In the opinion of my friends and my opinion - MEW is a good purse for storing and transferring money. None of my friends lost money for nothing. The main thing is to insert the key where necessary.
picaszo

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 12:49:10 PM

make sure to enter the correct website address.
the original site has a certificate and is safe with a green sign in the url address
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:09:36 PM

There has been alot of phishing scam attempt on myetherwallet but one must be very careful when opening the website not to be redirected to the phishing website. If you feel unsafe with myetherwallet I suggest you use metamask wallet.
He mention that he  bookmarked the site and if that's the original one before this phishing site he might continue used it without any worries, MEW
got a lots of problem for a while as hackers penetrate those who are not too furious about their assets, it can be avoided if the user itself is very
attentive and always alert before placing the private key, though it looks the same but from the url itself we can notice a little difference from the
original one.
pochinkin_77

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:13:02 PM

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?
well i have heard that myetherwallet has some troubles but it is just a temporary situation and i think things are fine now
pochinkin_77

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:13:59 PM

He mention that he  bookmarked the site and if that's the original one before this phishing site he might continue used it without any worries, MEW
got a lots of problem for a while as hackers penetrate those who are not too furious about their assets, it can be avoided if the user itself is very
attentive and always alert before placing the private key, though it looks the same but from the url itself we can notice a little difference from the
original one.
if you are unsure you may consult the manager of the wallet i mean the company and they will tell you what to do
khalifa25

Activity: 242

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:16:53 PM

I dont log-in to MEW right now. I either import my account in MetaMask and transact from there. Or I use decentralized exchanges that detect my token automatically whenever I import my wallet there. This way I won't have to open and log-in to MyEtherwallet.
annaorlova

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:20:28 PM

MEW has always been safe, if the user of this purse a responsible attitude to its private keys, and used it on untrusted third-party resources. So I was never afraid to use it. You need to take responsibility for your own crypto-security - it will save your money and time spent on the mortgage.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:21:34 PM

Yes of course there can be no one here will not give 100% guarantee of your means. Can even but the computer can be a trojan that monitors everything or any other very dangerous virus. It is necessary to use the antivirus and go from the bookmarks and also check the url address of the purse mew site. And finally, there is no need to shine a purse in which there is a large amount of money and then no one will know about it.
alexsoul

Activity: 182

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:37:49 PM

Use the MEW wallet and never share your password with anyone. On the official website of the wallet there are tips and recommended plugins that will help protect your tokens and protect against phishing. Be careful.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:13:14 PM

If you already bookmarked it, there is no need to panic. You can make use of it inasmuch as it is still working. I also have some sites that i have bookmarked and they never got compromised, but are very much safe to use. most times, if you cannot bookmarked or to be double sure, you can simply get a book where you can write down the links to those sites. Just recently i discovered that i had some tokens on wallet domicile on a site since February, i already wrote it down and to be amazement, i was able to recover the tokens.
vasilisc555

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:02:19 PM

Use other more reliable purses. Now just a huge selection of purses for storing crypto currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: