Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:02:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mew safe now??  (Read 3755 times)
Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 04:47:39 AM

i think MEW always save as long you didnt get your PK to other, or maybe you linked your personal database to your browser.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 04:50:40 AM

Huh damnit i wanted to sell my vibe tokens, but to afraid to log in...  Angry

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?
It all depends on what site you have added to your bookmarks, if it was a real myetherwallet, then nothing will happen to your tokens.
if it depends on bookmarks, I think it's still lacking to be safe, because if he keeps his private key in an insecure place it can still be stolen, the solution is to save a secure private key and always use the UTC / JSON file method to log in to your wallet so that it will make you safe from phishing cases.
JRoa

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 04:56:48 AM

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?
In these past months, there are many issues about the myetherwallet.com. Many users of that wallet lose their tokens due to the hackers. I have read an article that saying the myetherwallet.com is now safe again to use. We should just careful on the site that we are searching for us to our private keys will not be stolen by other people.

Accepted_check
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:04:36 AM

It all depends on what site you have added to your bookmarks, if it was a real myetherwallet, then nothing will happen to your tokens.
if it depends on bookmarks, I think it's still lacking to be safe, because if he keeps his private key in an insecure place it can still be stolen, the solution is to save a secure private key and always use the UTC / JSON file method to log in to your wallet so that it will make you safe from phishing cases.

I always log in my private key in MEW because I thought it's okay to use it when you log in. I didn't bother to download that UTC file. Maybe that was the reason why my token was stolen. It was too late that I realize that I should use the UTC file to log in. I was really frustrated that time coz I've worked hard for it and they just simply stole that from me.
BurstBurst

Activity: 494

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:25:21 AM

I think it's safe to use cry and no issues but you only have to keep your privite key and json file to be unlucky in your eth wallet content but to use the mew without him knowing the scam or phishing site a website to be careful of your affiliate website.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:28:50 AM

Add MEW ip adress to your hosts file, and you never go to the fishing sites.
I am create post long time ago about it, search started by me topics in my profile

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
t3ChNo

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:34:57 AM

Keep you private key to yourself. Also don't forget to setup security in your computers.
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 07:13:39 AM

MEW is still quite safe. I will suggest you check the bookmarked page very well to ensure it is still myetherwallet.com. Anything other than that is a phishing site.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Buntel168

Activity: 854

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 07:15:11 AM

It will always be safe if you use the site that you have bookmarked. I always use MEW address which I have bookmarked and until now has proven safe.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
vasilev456

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 08:15:41 AM

Myetherwallet is still safe for now, so you don’t need to worry, in extreme cases you can add yourself an extension to the browser!
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 11:01:41 AM

Yes, keeping your site bookmarked is one way to protect yourself from phishing scams. You should spend a lot of time at this point not to fall for the tricks of scammers who can make similar names for their sites and promote them in search results. So use bookmarks and don't be afraid.

Mikhail.YT

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 11:36:51 AM

Been using for a month now. There's seem to be no problem
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 11:51:39 AM

Using a hardware wallet can avoid the risk of the wallet's key being compromised. The pages of the current phishing website are very realistic and most people can't tell.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
toydoll

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 12:02:23 PM

I use the MEW from the beginning and so far no problems experienced,all my tokens on the place.A lot of people write that they are hacked,but I think under simple security conditions-everything should be in order.Well, if large amounts are stored - maybe you need to buy a hardware wallet.
elenka n

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 12:54:37 PM

To avoid being caught on a phishing site, keep the link somewhere in a text document or just add to your bookmarks!
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 01:04:15 PM

MEW has received an update and I think the scammers have not yet had time to copy the new design of the site. So go to the official website and bookmark in your browser. This is a really good way to protect yourself from scams. In addition, there are add-ons to the browser, which will notify you in case of detection of page spoofing on phishing.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 01:07:13 PM

Some unsolicited advise, don't put much funds on extension based wallets, browser extensions can get updated automatically.

Food for thought: https://medium.com/getscatter/the-blockchain-isnt-just-for-web-applications-silly-rabbit-926a4ea5ccd1

Thank you, this information seemed quite useful to me. In my opinion, we really unnecessarily trust browser extensions, while there are so many reports on hacked extensions on the network.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
MendozaCharles

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 01:09:48 PM

It is very safe, and as long as you enter the correct website address of MEW, your account will always be the most secure. Have you checked MEW today ? I have seen they have updated a new interface that looks great

Bitcoin Bull Run is Coming 🌅
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 01:13:45 PM

Some unsolicited advise, don't put much funds on extension based wallets, browser extensions can get updated automatically.

Food for thought: https://medium.com/getscatter/the-blockchain-isnt-just-for-web-applications-silly-rabbit-926a4ea5ccd1

Thank you, this information seemed quite useful to me. In my opinion, we really unnecessarily trust browser extensions, while there are so many reports on hacked extensions on the network.
If you don't have full knowledge about any extensions it's better not to entrust anything as it is your money that will be at risk, learning from
what you read and understanding the value of risk that you will be going to take will be very important before taking any actions.

Not everything you think is safe or being advise of other users can also be safe for you, always take an extra precautions before  using anything.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 05:39:33 AM

Your bookmark should be safe if you are sure it hasn't been changed at all. To be 100% sure you could use the URL on Myetherwallet twitter page: https://mobile.twitter.com/myetherwallet?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: