Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:17:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to try to start a small Steemit community  (Read 283 times)
Nathan047 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:24:48 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 02:46:46 PM by Nathan047

Starting Fresh. Apparently nobody responds to my emails, so just PM me if you want to join and I'll invite you to a telegram group. Please be sure to include your steemit profile link and telegram name.

Update 2: *To those who want to join:*
If you’d like to join then you can fill out the forum, however there may be a decent wait time as there will be a number of steps I have to take (and then notify everyone about them) in order to add you.

Update: I've sent out an email to everybody interested and temporarily closed registration

I recently joined Steemit to try to improve my writing skills but the community has seemed to grow on me. Being new my posts don’t generally get seen often, so I thought that I might see if I could start my own little corner of the community.

I’m looking for 10 or so people (probably people who are also new). We’ll all follow each other, regularly comment on each others work, and up vote good content (this is not an up vote exchange where we up vote all of each others content, but up votes to good content will be heavily encouraged).

If you’d like to join then fill out this forum. Just be warned that this is only an idea and I'm sure there could be many bumps in the road. [link removed, see above].

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tlustoprd

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 09:18:11 PM

Sounds like an interesting idea. I filled the form. Haven't written anything on steemit yet, but I guess that can change anytime. Smiley
sekapai

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

seeking love, friendship and money

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:43:34 AM

There was be along time I left my steem account. I almost  forgot it..
Thanks nanthan ,,this is a good idea..I will join you
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:58:14 AM

Did you checked this post?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2023810.0

You may get some followers. Creating a Steemit group where you send updates about the group is good. How do other group members will communicate with each other? It is better to have a closed Facebook Steemit group. Apart from a couple of technology and crypto related posts you have also made a post on follow exchange. On Steemit, followers are just numbers, it's more about having followers with high voting power, more about creating quality content and posting regularly. Once you do that your followers would gradually increase, patience.
onceuponatimeinspace

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:11:38 AM

I am waiting for approval of steemit account for a long time and hasn't got it yet. Does anyone had the same expirience registering on steemit?
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:46:29 AM

I am waiting for approval of steemit account for a long time and hasn't got it yet. Does anyone had the same expirience registering on steemit?

Maybe they need to clarify your application first, I also joined steemit for the sake of learning how to make constructive post while earning decent income.

P.S Good luck to your project OP

Regards,
Cobalt9317
tlustoprd

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 11:22:45 AM

When did you create your account? They approved mine two days after registration.
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:24:57 AM

This is interesting to have a community of like minded people around the world
discussing and approving common topics of choice.Must this catchment of your
be capped at 10 or few more people. Wouldn't it be better to accommodate as much people
as are interested to be part of the group?
onceuponatimeinspace

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:04:44 PM

When did you create your account? They approved mine two days after registration.

I guess, a week ago. I've tried one email address and got message that it should be approved by steem then tried another email but with same success. Will try to contact steem admins.
Nathan047 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:50:49 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for the interest. I've already had like 6 people interested (way more and way faster that I expected). Check your emails (including your spam box) and this thread over the next day or so for updates. I'm going to aim for having this group up and running over/by the weekend.

This is the same as my follow exchange: I follow everyone and everyone follows me, but with the setup I'm proposing everybody follows everybody. But no, I haven't seen the above thread it yet (although not that I'd really consider joining that for the reason I just stated).

How do other group members will communicate with each other?
This is one of those kinks I said I could run into. I planned to use email to push notifications to everybody, but I can probably also set up an instant messenger of sorts to keep everybody communicating with each other.

On Steemit, followers are just numbers, it's more about having followers with high voting power [...]
Not to me. This isn't a get rich scheme, I'm just trying to get a couple of newbie bloggers together.

[...] Must this catchment of your be capped at 10 or few more people. [...]
I wasn't planning on capping it at 10 people, I was just thinking that 10 or so people would be a good start. If more than 10 people want to join I'm not gonna stop them.

Nathan047 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:09:44 PM

*To everyone who joined:*
I just sent out an email to everyone who filled out the forum, we can now start setting up the group and following each other. Be sure to check your spam folders and whitelist the email address that way you don’t miss anything important.

*To those who want to join:*
If you’d like to join then you can fill out the forum, however there may be a decent wait time as there will be a number of steps I have to take (and then notify everyone about them) in order to add you.

Nathan047 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:59:06 AM

Hey, anybody get my email? I'm yet to receive a response from anybody who requested to join.

minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:39:38 PM

I'm interested. Same as OP, I'm also new and would like to improve my writing skills. Have filled the form.Smiley
Nathan047 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:46:13 PM

I'm interested. Same as OP, I'm also new and would like to improve my writing skills. Have filled the form.Smiley
Nobody responds to my emails so I'm starting fresh. Just sent you a PM with the information I need in order to add you to the list.

tlustoprd

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 06:39:44 PM

I was out of reach for a few days, but I'm back. Seems like the project is strolling along slowly, but hey, it's something. Smiley
authorfriendly

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 09:31:32 PM

Sounds like an interesting idea. I filled the form. Haven't written anything on steemit yet, but I guess that can change anytime. Smiley
Waiting for approval, but after that willing to join your group.
r_victory

Activity: 1923
Merit: 321

English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:12:30 PM

Mine was also approved in two days. Have you seen your spam box? They send the confirmation by e-mail. I created the account but still didn't post anything, I want to start writing some articles but lack more inspiration. Grin

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
khanof89

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:26:42 AM

These bastards aren't approving any new accounts
Nathan047 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:10:47 PM

Please let me know more details, j would like to join the steemit group
My email is -hidden-
Telegram username -hidden-
We simply follow each other, comment on each other's articles, and upvote quality content. If that sounds good you can send me a PM.

?

khanof89

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:58:32 PM

Please let me know more details, j would like to join the steemit group
My email is -hidden-
Telegram username -hidden-
We simply follow each other, comment on each other's articles, and upvote quality content. If that sounds good you can send me a PM.

?

I was referring to steemit moderators, my account was not approved for like a week
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: