Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e code value  (Read 2505 times)
320d (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:28:27 PM

Hello,

I want to start selling on marketplace, however I want to accept BTC-e codes as payment, because in that way, I don't have to worry about btc price change.

My question is, if the buyer give the BTC-e code to escrow, how can the escrow member check that the USD amount on it is correct?

Thanks,
Regards
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:32:25 PM

Hello,

I want to start selling on marketplace, however I want to accept BTC-e codes as payment, because in that way, I don't have to worry about btc price change.

My question is, if the buyer give the BTC-e code to escrow, how can the escrow member check that the USD amount on it is correct?

Thanks,
Regards
Redeem it? Then create another one and send it to the counterparty.
320d (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:35:49 PM

Hello,

Thanks,
Regards

I realized it before post, however I thought maybe there is a different solution.

However thank you very much.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:39:23 PM

Hello,

Thanks,
Regards

I realized it before post, however I thought maybe there is a different solution.

Now public solutions are available, but you might ask them whether any private API exists. Though you should be prepared for weak support.
320d (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:45:48 PM

Hello,

Thanks,
Regards

Now public solutions are available, but you might ask them whether any private API exists. Though you should be prepared for weak support.

If redeeming and recreating isn't problem to John K, then it's great.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:34:04 PM

Most Bitcoin-related marketplaces and e-commerce modules allow a price to be set in dollars, but then that value is converted to bitcoins at time of checkout. 

As far as a longer-term solution, the USD transfer capability in Ripple might be something you might consider.  There is a little bit of a learning curve with Ripple but if your customer set would know how to procure a BTC-e code to buy from you those same customers would likely be able to figure out how to do a Ripple transaction to transfer some USDs from their BITSTAMP account to you.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █