Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:46:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Requesting ETH Mining Assistance! (OS Crashes)  (Read 122 times)
SulliJM1 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:55:21 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 11:24:39 AM by SulliJM1

---Solution---
Runs with extreme stability if I start two instances of Claymore. Using the -di command, I set one instance to use only AMD cards and the other to use only the nVidia cards.

---Problem---

While running Claymore V10.3, the entire computer locks up and dies without giving me so much as a BSOD. From there, the GPUs go crazy, either they shut down completely or the fan speeds ramp up to 100%. Eventually the system stabilizes, but Windows never re-boots, and I must perform a hard re-boot of the system.

Setup is as follows:

Biostar TB250-BTC PRO Motherboard
Intel Core i5-7600
CORSAIR HX1200i
1TB HDD
2x Geil ECO SPEAR 8GB RAM

-GPUs-
4x EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Black Edition
2x Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64

-GUI-
Claymore 10.3

-Drivers-
GeForce V390.65
AMD Adrenalin 17.12.2

-OS-
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

I've tried quite a couple of things, as follows:
-Monitoring CPU and RAM performance. CPU maintains 30C-40C in each core, no more than 40% load; RAM maintains no more than 30% load. Virtual RAM set to 32000MB.
-Reseating RAM, multiple times.
-Removing, cleaning, re-applying compound, and re-installing CPU cooler (stock).
-Monitoring Corsair LINK. Never goes over 1000W input (1100W Max using Crimson BETA Blockchain Driver)
-Running only AMD cards.
-Running only nVidia cards.
-Starting Claymore with no cards, slowly ramping up cards one at a time. This results in running longer, but still crashes the OS.
-Running one stick at a time in both RAM slots. No noticeable difference for either stick in either slot.
-Fresh install of Windows 10.

I've noticed a few other things as well.
-Still crashes whether cards are clocked or stock.
-Crashes regardless of Blockchain or Adrenalin drivers.
-Crashed before GeForce drivers were installed, but still mined just fine before crashing.
-Runs stable using WinETH GUI (but that GUI kind of sucks, and does not allow for expansion).

I also have issues with the AMD cards hanging in OpenCL, but I will troubleshoot that once I can get the system to run with some sort of stability.

The issue started on 08JAN18, running a very dirty copy of Windows 10 (by which I mean it was a duplicate of my laptop, plagued with minor adware, games, etc, but it ran GREAT). I was running Claymore V10.0 and the Crimson Beta Blockchain Driver. I'm not sure, but I think Windows released an update around that time, I don't remember if I installed it or not. I started having the crashes every few hours, so I decided to update Claymore and AMD to Adrenalin. After that, it only got worse, so I did a clean install of Windows 10, only to see that issues have continued, in their worsened state. I am lucky to get 5 minutes of mining, running only the nVidia cards.

Notes:
-All risers are powered externally, manufactured by Corn Electronics.
-The only pieces of non-mining software installed are Google Chrome, World of Warcraft, and Corsair LINK.
-Using AMD Wattman and PrecisionXOC for my clocking tools.
-Windows runs just fine without running Claymore (at least, as far as Google, YouTube, and this forum go), have not tested other loads (IE WoW or other games).

Any and all help would be very much so appreciated.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:51:26 PM

---Problem---

While running Claymore V10.3, the entire computer locks up and dies without giving me so much as a BSOD. From there, the GPUs go crazy, either they shut down completely or the fan speeds ramp up to 100%. Eventually the system stabilizes, but Windows never re-boots, and I must perform a hard re-boot of the system.

Setup is as follows:

Biostar TB250-BTC PRO Motherboard
Intel Core i5-7600
CORSAIR HX1200i
1TB HDD
2x Geil ECO SPEAR 8GB RAM

-GPUs-
4x EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Black Edition
2x Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64

-GUI-
Claymore 10.3

-Drivers-
GeForce V390.65
AMD Adrenalin 17.12.2

-OS-
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

I've tried quite a couple of things, as follows:
-Monitoring CPU and RAM performance. CPU maintains 30C-40C in each core, no more than 40% load; RAM maintains no more than 30% load. Virtual RAM set to 32000MB.
-Reseating RAM, multiple times.
-Removing, cleaning, re-applying compound, and re-installing CPU cooler (stock).
-Monitoring Corsair LINK. Never goes over 1000W input (1100W Max using Crimson BETA Blockchain Driver)
-Running only AMD cards.
-Running only nVidia cards.
-Starting Claymore with no cards, slowly ramping up cards one at a time. This results in running longer, but still crashes the OS.
-Running one stick at a time in both RAM slots. No noticeable difference for either stick in either slot.
-Fresh install of Windows 10.

I've noticed a few other things as well.
-Still crashes whether cards are clocked or stock.
-Crashes regardless of Blockchain or Adrenalin drivers.
-Crashed before GeForce drivers were installed, but still mined just fine before crashing.
-Runs stable using WinETH GUI (but that GUI kind of sucks, and does not allow for expansion).

I also have issues with the AMD cards hanging in OpenCL, but I will troubleshoot that once I can get the system to run with some sort of stability.

The issue started on 08JAN18, running a very dirty copy of Windows 10 (by which I mean it was a duplicate of my laptop, plagued with minor adware, games, etc, but it ran GREAT). I was running Claymore V10.0 and the Crimson Beta Blockchain Driver. I'm not sure, but I think Windows released an update around that time, I don't remember if I installed it or not. I started having the crashes every few hours, so I decided to update Claymore and AMD to Adrenalin. After that, it only got worse, so I did a clean install of Windows 10, only to see that issues have continued, in their worsened state. I am lucky to get 5 minutes of mining, running only the nVidia cards.

Notes:
-All risers are powered externally, manufactured by Corn Electronics.
-The only pieces of non-mining software installed are Google Chrome, World of Warcraft, and Corsair LINK.
-Using AMD Wattman and PrecisionXOC for my clocking tools.
-Windows runs just fine without running Claymore (at least, as far as Google, YouTube, and this forum go), have not tested other loads (IE WoW or other games).

Any and all help would be very much so appreciated.

id bet you remove one or both of those vega 64's and problem solved, lots of people have been having issues with those especially trying to run more than 1 of them, secondly build a proper dedicated mining rig and rofl a 32gb page file for windows, no wonder why it locks up. you realize the pagefile has a drastic effect on the hard drive/ssd's performance, also windows 10 pro is the ideal version to use

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: