Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:52:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC wallet 0.8.6 how to upgrade get out BTC and BTC cash  (Read 115 times)
J3 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:35:01 PM

Hello, I have just got my PC up and running from about 4 years ago and I had a little BTC in a wallet on it. I have got the wallet online and updated, it says it is connected and up to date anyway. I tried to transfer the BTC to another current account and it seemed to get stuck but it actually never even got the Block Chain. I have restored the wallet and finally the BTC shows back up in the wallet but now I have discovered that I am due some bit coin cash as well so I am reaching out to find the best way to go about this. I don't want to make mistakes. anyone that could advise me on the getting my BTC to coinbase and my BTC cash out and also to coinbase I very much appreciate.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:43:23 PM

You just need to use high enough fees to get your BTC out. You can use a service like bitcoinfees.earn.com to estimate fees.
As for BCH, you can do that after you moved your BTC, just make sure you saved your wallet file that will not have any BTC after you moved them.

Then you just need to import those private keys or the whole wallet to a Bitcoin Cash client. You can go to Help->Debug window->Console and use a command "dumpprivkey <address>" to get a private key of your address.
J3 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:16:31 PM

ok so I got the keys and got the BTC out on to the latest electrium wallet doing a sweep, you are saying I need to do this with a BTC cash wallet and It will show up? if it all works this easy then the process was not as bad as I thought it would be.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:49:14 PM

ok so I got the keys and got the BTC out on to the latest electrium wallet doing a sweep, you are saying I need to do this with a BTC cash wallet and It will show up? if it all works this easy then the process was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Yeah. If the transactions confirmed then you don't have any BTC on those old addresses, but Bitcoin Cash was never moved from them so they should still be there.
J3 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:03:46 PM

Yeah. If the transactions confirmed then you don't have any BTC on those old addresses, but Bitcoin Cash was never moved from them so they should still be there.

man this was pretty easy.. Just list what I did for anyone who might find them self wondering.
1-in wallet 0.8.6 go to help debug window consoleh
2-run command to get your private key ( dumpprivkey (address))
3-download latest exodus wallet 
4-in the wallet hit ctrl+shift+alt and bring up the tools bar
5-under exodus/developer/access/ (yourcoin)/move funds (WIF)
6-insert the private key you got from old wallet and hit go (I had one key you may have many, I think there is one for each address that got money sent to the wallet)

I now have my BTC and BCH, I am the farthest person from expert you can get and I am just sharing what worked for me so do your research!

thank you for the tips aleksej996!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: