Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:33:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I buy altcoins with BTC or ETH?  (Read 221 times)
emkik (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:58:17 PM

I’m using Binance. Should I buy altcoins using BTC or ETH?? Does is make a difference??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:59:11 PM

I’m using Binance. Should I buy altcoins using BTC or ETH?? Does is make a difference??

Makes no difference. What do you plan on depositing? ETH would deposit quicker than BTC but both will serve the same purpose

emkik (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:19:58 PM

I deposited mainly ETH from GDAX so been buying mainly with ETH. Bought some ICX, IOTA and some others. I’m a newbie to crypto world so was just a bit confused by BTC markets and ETH markets.
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

In different ways, but usually, the prices are approximately the same that on the ETH that on the BTC
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:27:35 PM

It doesn't make much difference, if you are trading then I would aim to trade in the one you have most hopes for about the price increase in the future. If you are simply buying to hold then it doesn't matter at all.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
emkik (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:32:40 PM

Thanks, all
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:02:46 PM

ETH is more stable for now. The question is what you keep and what to spend. I always traded ETH. BTC I left to buy items.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:12:28 PM

You can buy the altcoins with any of the two but if you want to buy quick then buy it with ethereum because the deposit will be quicker however the btc section always has greater volume, so if you want to buy in greater volume then BTC is your choice.

cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:56:02 AM

No. you can buy altcoins with either bitcoin or ethereum there is no discount for any on the exchange. But sometimes it is better to exchange the coin that is falling with altcoins than changing with the one that his value is going up.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 12:58:43 AM

ETH will have cheaper transaction fees, so I would recommend using it over bitcoin.

Positivebetting
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:02:16 AM

As my experience is better to buy it with etherium because you just need to smaller fee than bitcoin.
However, it is not so much different  and i think not much different if you decide to buy any altcois with etherium or bitcoin
NerdYale

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:22:26 AM

I think its faster to transact with ethereum.  IEspecially when withdrawing, I only convert to bitcoin when planning to cash out to fist money.  Depositing eth is faster too,  but its still up to you.

Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:32:00 AM

You can buy altcoins either using an ethereum or bitcoin deposit. But now its more recommended to use ethereum because the transaction confirmation are really fast and small fee. Bitcoin takes time to cofirm especially when you only pay a small fee. So go buy an altcoin using your ethereum

RoccoSiffredi

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:29:31 AM

The best solution is diversification: buy both BTC and ETH and your chances to have made the right choice will be much bigger Smiley

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:34:40 AM

yes, you can buy altcoins by using bitcoin and etherum. some altcoin at higher in position i,e ripple, ADA, solaris(xlr). one can buy above coin by using bitcoin and etherum.

Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1538
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:45:03 AM

I guess alike, buying altcoin using BTC or ETH makes no difference. maybe for a price just a little different

teddyppap

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:52:21 AM

I think you should, you choose the potential altcoins. To risk less failure. And if you succeed then win big ...

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:52:53 AM

The difference would be upon depositing or withdrawing BTC or ETH because it would be more preferable to use ETH since you can have a faster and lower transaction fee compared to bitcoin. When it comes to the price of the coin then it would make no difference because when the coin rise up in value then it would rise whether the base coin is BTC or ETH. There would be more trading volume though when the pair is in BTC compared to ETH but then ETH is more stable in BTC. If you are just depositing to binance then ETH would be better for the reasons stated above.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Tuare aget

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:56:41 AM

Makes no difference. What do you plan on depositing? ETH would deposit quicker than BTC but both will serve the same purpose

If you have bitcoin or etherium in your wallet of exchanger then it will make any different to buy any altcoin with etherium or bitcoin.
It will make the different about the fee if you send bitcoin or etherium from your personal wallet to exchnager. If this is your situation, i suggest you to deposit with etherium and buy with etherium.
dvbcrypto

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:09:39 AM

You should buy eth, eth in 2018 will increase very fast, btc also increase but will be slow.alt will still depend on the price of eth and btc, so you should buy eth or btc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: