Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Photography - Wait for Nikon's new mirrorless or just go with Sony?  (Read 73 times)
MtRev (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 09:05:12 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love my DSLR, but going hiking with it is a bit of a mission.

What would you do? Wait for Nikon's new mirrorless or just go with Sony?

Don't trade alone! Let's Talk Money!
Stocks, Options, Crypto, Forex, Dividends and the Commodities market
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:09:54 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love my DSLR, but going hiking with it is a bit of a mission.

What would you do? Wait for Nikon's new mirrorless or just go with Sony?

If you're not in a hurry, just wait for the Nikon's mirrorless camera.
Maybe it's really worth the wait.  Tongue
But if you can't wait and you need like right now, get the sony.
But it's all up to you in the end. For me, I'll buy what's the best deal in the market.
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:16:14 PM

A link of the two cameras would be helpful.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:11:36 AM

Sony mirrorless cameras are really good, at least to a lot of reviews I have seen. However, if you are not in a rush just wait for Nikon's upcoming mirrorless camera and see how it compares to Sony's offering.

agottl

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:01:59 PM

But the camera you like if you feel like you need a new one. The quality of digital photography has improved so much nowadays, that it's mostly brand preference that matters. Even phones make a decent pictures now. Check the specifications and pick the options you really need, not the "best of the best" as it says in the ads. Do not pay for "extra super 1000x zoom" if you're focused on portraits and so on. Brands are overpriced too, but if you feel more comfortable holding camera with Nikon label on its side, go buy it, this is important enough to bring your inspiration. If you need camera for the working purpose only, nothing to do with art, once again, look for specifications and buy whatever fits your budget (and your pocket/backpack).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: