Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Bitcoin jump up and down?  (Read 192 times)
TheBestEver (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:12:27 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 11:53:54 PM by TheBestEver

What things may influence ups and downs of Bitcoin?
Will make here a summery of your opinions.
So lets start:
1. The regulators can issue new laws which make it easier to use Bitcoin (USA, Japan, let's add some more countries).

2. As a side effect of other currencies shifts.

3. Psychological things like fud and fears, hype...

4. Real news.

5. Fake news, rumors,  etc.

6. Exchanges manipulation (dump to drop the price and then buy)

7. Natural growth of the price because the industry is developing and need BTC to function.

8. Technical things, announcements about new forks.

9. ....what else?...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NatYaros

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:14:33 PM

I think it jumps like crazy because the exchanges need it and organize all that.
coinforlife123

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:15:40 PM

I think it jumps like crazy because the exchanges need it and organize all that.
yup you are right
coinFlipCoin

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:18:58 PM

The growth of the industry also meters. People need Bitcoin.
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:41:50 PM

Cryptocurrency has a volatile price, the price depends on the market needs of demand and supply. So that economic laws apply, when demand is high and supply is low then prices will rise, and vice versa.

tauceramica

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:56:52 PM

Cryptocurrency has a volatile price, the price depends on the market needs of demand and supply. So that economic laws apply, when demand is high and supply is low then prices will rise, and vice versa.

Volatile price is needed on exchanges, otherwise it turns into a boring thing.

I think fud, rumors, news, techical things, announcements, forks, these are driving bitcoin's price.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:22:46 PM

First of all, the indications of technical analysis. Due to the fact that fundamentally bitcoin has no value, the only thing you can manage is the cryptocurrency graph. There was a suggestion that now it is time for falls, so it falls.
PpaatToupee

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:24:20 PM

Anything that's publicly traded jumps up and down as a result of supply and demand.. However, Bitcoin is just a bit more volatile than others its size since it's so ppopular.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:30:39 PM

So lets start:
1. The regulators can issue new laws which make it easier to use Bitcoin (USA, Japan, let's add some more countries).

3. Hype. Fake news etc.

4. ....what else?...
Such factor as news factor was always one of the most important for bitcoin's price prediction. Negative news always follow with itself a fall and positive news - oppositely coming to a raise. But this days I didn't notice something special on Press board that could affect the bitcoin's price and move it down. I guess people just sold good part of their savings due to new year holiday and that provoked the fall, or maybe it is a simple correction about which everybody love to talk a lot. In any case it is hard to explain fall or raise to people who do not interested in trading. I think only profys would explain every move more detailed.
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:49:00 PM

So lets start:

3. Hype. Fake news etc.

4. ....what else?...

I think hype and FUD are the two main reasons for fluctuations, the overall mood of the market can change so quickly with fear and FOMO, the other reasons seem to have more fundamental shifts but the day to day volatility seems mostly due to as mentioned.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Niflore

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:50:48 PM

Easiest explanation should be demand - supply, whichever greatest drives the price up/down.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:03:48 PM

I noticed these months the big fluctuate can be happen if there are a big news just like 1 week ago about facebook investors the price was increased fast in 1 hour after the news in cnbc and now the price was drop a lot because of the news that china plans to kill bitcoin mining operations..
News had a big impact in the price of bitcoin if you always monitor the news and the volume of bitcoin you will know when the price will drop or increase..
This is just my own how i analyze the movement of the price these days but anytime soon there are other reason that can be change the price movement. since bitcoin is volatile we can not predict the price of bitcoin..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Unplugged

Activity: 352

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:15:27 PM

It is all based on supply and demand. More and more people today find Bitcoin too pricey in terms of transaction fee and also the sending takes roughly more than an hour.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:28:11 PM

I really hope you to get banned for shit posting, it is RIDICULOUS, the incredible trash that you are posting, and checking your post history makes me wonder, why did i clicked on his profile?

Came on, the price is changing because of VOLATILITY, if you do not know what the hell is that, then the only thing that you can do is just google it.

it is not difficult, the price is created by demand & supply, nothing more.

skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:29:24 PM

So lets start:

3. Hype. Fake news etc.

4. ....what else?...

Bitcoin has a volatile nature and the price could change even though there is no significant news or event that could affect the price. The price is driven by the community so price changes is the result of the community's decision with their Bitcoin.
Deeyoh

Activity: 258
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:11:12 AM

Large pump groups running around now days.  As you noticed, ETH was pumped up big time.. now it's BCH.. Jokes on them,  soon as it hit people dumped on them hard and still dumping. LOL  No fomo there.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:36:17 AM

Large pump groups running around now days.  As you noticed, ETH was pumped up big time.. now it's BCH.. Jokes on them,  soon as it hit people dumped on them hard and still dumping. LOL  No fomo there.

There is a clear pattern visible where one coin after the other gets pumped. First it was Ripple being pumped badly, and after the peak was reached, play time was over and it started to tank again. Now Ethereum seems to have reached its peak, it's time for another 'victim', which indeed happens to be BCH. It's mind boggling how there is so much volume being generated by these altcoins. It perfectly shows how this market in its entirety has evolved into a huge market, which is soon to be a trillion dollar market. I don't even feel sorry for those who bought these altcoins at their peak levels. People are responsible for their own actions....
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:16:38 AM

Well, we have been hearing different news lately on the reason why Bitcoin price is so unstable lately and most of us don't seems to know where to stand. The recent story which has be spreading quickly lately is that CoinMarketCap removed prices from South Korean exchanges from its calculations of digital currency rates without any prior  warning thereby causing the low Bitcoin price lately.
Altas

Activity: 366

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:37:46 AM

Well, we have been hearing different news lately on the reason why Bitcoin price is so unstable lately and most of us don't seems to know where to stand. The recent story which has be spreading quickly lately is that CoinMarketCap removed prices from South Korean exchanges from its calculations of digital currency rates without any prior  warning thereby causing the low Bitcoin price lately.
That might be the true fact, because in some exchanges the price is found high as the past week. Coinmarketcap provides with an average price after an overall calculation from the combined asset. This time this has caused it to be more volatile, so soon price could peak high towards new ath.
theHappiest

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:18:15 AM

Thanks guys! Will sum all up soon. Please be more specific. Thank you so much!
I am also interested in your results. Will see
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: