Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:17:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I just lose my Bitcoins - Unconfirmed transaction since 12/29  (Read 240 times)
CryptoGuy112987 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:08:27 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 11:27:26 PM by CryptoGuy112987

Hi,

I am in a bit of a pickle. . .

I haven't sent any Bitcoin to another address before. I wanted to make some moves so I sent BTC to two different addresses. I used the suggest fee in my Bitcoin Core Wallet, and it's been two weeks and it still says in the wallet, "0/unconfirmed, in memory pool".

I did some Googling, but a lot of the feedback was very technical and I honestly have no idea what I am doing when it comes to that. I do not have to option to abandon the transactions (it's grayed out). As this point, I'll be happy to either get them back or have it confirmed. I tried two confirmation services, however they are always over limit and I cannot get my transactions in!! Here are the TX IDs for both transactions:

1. I'm not sure if I can post this since it begins with a 5 and I thought that's like a private key or something? It's listed under my "Transaction ID" in Bitcoin Core Wallet.

2.  Same as above

Literally, ANY help is obliged at this point, I truly hope I am not out this money.

Thank you all for your time!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:22:24 PM

Hi,

I am in a bit of a pickle. . .

I haven't sent any Bitcoin to another address before. I wanted to make some moves so I sent BTC to two different addresses. I used the suggest fee in my Bitcoin Core Wallet, and it's been two weeks and it still says in the wallet, "0/unconfirmed, in memory pool".

I did some Googling, but a lot of the feedback was very technical and I honestly have no idea what I am doing when it comes to that. I do not have to option to abandon the transactions (it's grayed out). As this point, I'll be happy to either get them back or have it confirmed. I tried two confirmation services, however they are always over limit and I cannot get my transactions in!! Here are the TX IDs for both transactions:

1. I'm not sure if I can post this since it begins with a 5 and I thought that's like a private key or something? It's listed under my "Transaction ID" in Bitcoin Core Wallet.

2.  ffbd1b4246ce1200f82056a34f09ad0c3e30c1e8e835c6d72894010bb278c284

Literally, ANY help is obliged at this point, I truly hope I am not out this money.

Thank you all for your time!

Txids can begin with a 5 that's perfectly fine private keys do also begin with a 5 but txids are longer!

That transaction is never going to confirm. Try looking at doing a CPFP (child pays for parent) transaction or an RBF double-spend transaction but that might not be possible now.
CryptoGuy112987 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:32:34 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 10:53:11 PM by CryptoGuy112987

So what do I do? I don't know what any of that means?

The other ID is 51486a5ccf72b2cd945ea9680c39028b21847b4414b9812775b39c3079f26ce7

What should I set the fees to when I want to send Bitcoin the fastest? Is 0.00508571 BTC enough? If so, when why when I try to send it it tell's me, "0.00189188 BTC added as transaction fee (0.37kb), when that's not what I put into Bitcoin Core wallet.

Is this enough? https://i.imgur.com/69rnqZ7.png
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:47:05 AM

The other ID is 51486a5ccf72b2cd945ea9680c39028b21847b4414b9812775b39c3079f26ce7

What should I set the fees to when I want to send Bitcoin the fastest? Is 0.00508571 BTC enough? If so, when why when I try to send it it tell's me, "0.00189188 BTC added as transaction fee (0.37kb), when that's not what I put into Bitcoin Core wallet.

Is this enough?

According to this site: https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ Your fee that was actually paid is definitely not that, though I'm not sure why? Can you go to help>debug click the "console tab" and type help and try to find the command that looks like "gettxfee=<nblocks>" (I'm not entirely sure of the actual command but gettxfee=1 will output what it'll be if you want a priority transaction. You could try going town to see if you can get anywhere close to your fee however I think that'll take a while. The only thing I can think of is that several miners have tried including their transactions that have lower fees and are therefore altering the one that you set as they'd alter the average that would be gathered. Also the node you were connected to could have been configured wrong - though if you set the fee manually then this shouldn't happen.

The only thing I could suggest is to try to get someone to double-spend your transaction to get it pushed through with a higher fee if you need the transaction to go though quickly. You could try to resend the coins if that's all the money in your bitcoin wallet. If not then you might end up getting both the transactions confirming. Unless the other addresses/accounts are controlled by you in which case you can leave both going.
KopikoBrown

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:38:02 AM

I can't send any more messages because it's limited try to email me thanks.
CryptoGuy112987 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:18:11 PM

According to this site: https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ Your fee that was actually paid is definitely not that, though I'm not sure why? Can you go to help>debug click the "console tab" and type help and try to find the command that looks like "gettxfee=<nblocks>" (I'm not entirely sure of the actual command but gettxfee=1 will output what it'll be if you want a priority transaction. You could try going town to see if you can get anywhere close to your fee however I think that'll take a while. The only thing I can think of is that several miners have tried including their transactions that have lower fees and are therefore altering the one that you set as they'd alter the average that would be gathered. Also the node you were connected to could have been configured wrong - though if you set the fee manually then this shouldn't happen.

The only thing I could suggest is to try to get someone to double-spend your transaction to get it pushed through with a higher fee if you need the transaction to go though quickly. You could try to resend the coins if that's all the money in your bitcoin wallet. If not then you might end up getting both the transactions confirming. Unless the other addresses/accounts are controlled by you in which case you can leave both going.

Yeah, none of those commands works in the console window. It give me the message, "method not found".

But, regarding the picture I had posted, with that fee, is that good enough to send out? I want to get it off this wallet already, but I'm scared to send it. Maybe I should just copy my wallet.dat file and try another wallet?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:13:28 PM

Is this enough?

Yeah, none of those commands works in the console window. It give me the message, "method not found".

But, regarding the picture I had posted, with that fee, is that good enough to send out? I want to get it off this wallet already, but I'm scared to send it. Maybe I should just copy my wallet.dat file and try another wallet?

Contact the user that posted just above you and ask him to push your transaction through as he is offering a free acceleration service that could get your transaction confirmed.

That fee should be plenty to get it confirmed, if anything slightly higher than the suggested so it'll get it confirmed within the next block once that transaction is broadcast if it propagates around the mempool fully.
CryptoGuy112987 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:22:51 PM

Contact the user that posted just above you and ask him to push your transaction through as he is offering a free acceleration service that could get your transaction confirmed.

That fee should be plenty to get it confirmed, if anything slightly higher than the suggested so it'll get it confirmed within the next block once that transaction is broadcast if it propagates around the mempool fully.

I did reach out he said he couldn't help me because it did not meet the minimum reqs of 0.0001btc / kb.
KopikoBrown

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:16:29 AM

I'm sorry to tell you i can't because the transaction did not met the minimum fee.
webchris

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 12:47:48 AM

The transaction should eventually be cleared from the mempool and you can resubmit with a higher fee.

Join a Safe Shared LUX Masternode -> https://www.luxmasternode.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: