Over the last couple of days i started to familiarize myself with the bitcoin system and the concept of pools. The first thing which I noticed was that there was a lack to export and generate a lot of data on Deepbit to optimize and monitor my mining.
Specially I did not want to work with command line tools, if not necessary.
So I started to develop a smallish web app and decided to release it as opensource, so everyone can profit from this and if the community desires it, I'm more than happy to invest some additional work into it.
You can access this software here:http://code.google.com/p/deepbitview/
and it has the following features
- collect data all 10 minutes from deepbit and bitcoincharts
- view hash rate over time
- view coin generation over time
- view income over time
- view global blocks over time
- view bitcoin to USD exchange rate over time
- collect data in a SQL database for easy access from statistical programs like R
I'm going to work on more features over the next couple of weeks, like access to your local wallet and normalization of data over current energy prices, etc.
Thanks for your time and I hope it's helpful.