Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:37:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AChain (ACT) - ABTC fork Jan 12 - 10X soon?  (Read 1890 times)
raulo1985

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:37:27 PM

This coin is such an easy investment right now, people definitely don't know about this one. Not only you have a fork coming but the coin itself is a top 30 coin, easily. I personally bought a good amount. Also on kucoin you are getting your forked coins without doing anything.

Do you know at what time exactly will the fork happen?

PS: I bought a little more than 8,000 ACT  Grin

AChain will initate fork at 1498888, ABTC Fork at 13th Jan 01:14am GMT+8 (LAST DAY)

It's gonna be huge

Thanks, good to know. I'm not experienced investing during forks. Currently I have my ACTs on Kucoin, and I understand that the ABTC will be credited automatically if one is an ACT hodler. How does this work exactly? Can we expect a huge and fast rise on ACT's value? ABTC will be credited directly on my Kucoin account? If yes, why wouldn't be a bad idea to sell all the other altcoins I have and use those funds to buy only ACT before the fork? I'm not going to do it, don't want to risk too much, what just wanted to understand this thing a little better. Investments during forks always had been like a mistery to me.

Yes, you will get your forked coins automatically on Kucoin. The only reason why ACT hasn't exploded yet is because not a lot of people know about but there is really no reason not to sell all your coins for ACT. The coin itself is really good anyways. I don't know how long the fork will take but you should get your ABTC credited to your account soon after the fork. Don't sell during the fork or you risk not getting forked coins.

Thank you very much for your kind reply. In your experience, with a coin like this one (huge potential, but pretty unknown so far), what does usually happens on the day of the fork? Does the value of the coin changes so much the same day? what would be the value of the new coin and how much of them do you receive per ACT? I'm a total noob at forks, and I'm trying to learn, but I'm against the clock on this one  Smiley

You are getting them at a 1:1 ratio. However because not everyone knows about the fork, we will very likely see less than 300m total supply of the new coin. The price of the new coin should at least be half of ACT, in theory. Usually coins go up by a lot before forks, look at btc, almost 5k when the segwit2x was gonna happen.

Sorry for this noob question, but I didn't quite understand what you meant with this: "AChain will initate fork at 1498888, ABTC Fork at 13th Jan 01:14am GMT+8 (LAST DAY)". That date and time was the estimated time for 1498888? If so, what counts for the start of the fork is the block, right?
roko10

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:38:26 PM

Is to late to buy ACT and receive ABTC on Kucoin?
raulo1985

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:41:02 PM

Block 1498888 happened some hours ago, so I'm afraid it is. Don't know about BTC hodlers, though. They could also get into the fork (don't remember the block), but I don't know if that happened already or not.
g.m.tyshenk

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:01:48 PM

This coin is such an easy investment right now, people definitely don't know about this one. Not only you have a fork coming but the coin itself is a top 30 coin, easily. I personally bought a good amount. Also on kucoin you are getting your forked coins without doing anything.

AChain will initate fork at 1498888, ABTC Fork at 13th Jan 01:14am GMT+8 (LAST DAY)

It's gonna be huge

Thanks, good to know. I'm not experienced investing during forks. Currently I have my ACTs on Kucoin, and I understand that the ABTC will be credited automatically if one is an ACT hodler. How does this work exactly? Can we expect a huge and fast rise on ACT's value? ABTC will be credited directly on my Kucoin account? If yes, why wouldn't be a bad idea to sell all the other altcoins I have and use those funds to buy only ACT before the fork? I'm not going to do it, don't want to risk too much, what just wanted to understand this thing a little better. Investments during forks always had been like a mistery to me.

I would be careful here.   So many people are buying ACT and there is huge speculation for the hardfork.  What happens  after the hardfork? Many of the speculators will dump all their recently purchased ACT.  The price of ACT could drop dramatically. If you bought recently as the price was climbing you could be holding tokens with a loss.  Although I am going to watch this closely.... If ACT price drops after the hardfork it will be a good time to buy in for a longer term hold.  GLTA speculating... you will need it on your exit from ACT after the hardfork is done.
g.m.tyshenk

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:04:39 PM

I did receive an email today from Kucoin saying they were working on the new token distribution that will be given out. I think they have already taken "snapshots" of their ACT holders accounts. It might be too late to get in on this.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:04:59 PM

It's gonna be huge

Yes, you will get your forked coins automatically on Kucoin. The only reason why ACT hasn't exploded yet is because not a lot of people know about but there is really no reason not to sell all your coins for ACT. The coin itself is really good anyways. I don't know how long the fork will take but you should get your ABTC credited to your account soon after the fork. Don't sell during the fork or you risk not getting forked coins.

Thank you very much for your kind reply. In your experience, with a coin like this one (huge potential, but pretty unknown so far), what does usually happens on the day of the fork? Does the value of the coin changes so much the same day? what would be the value of the new coin and how much of them do you receive per ACT? I'm a total noob at forks, and I'm trying to learn, but I'm against the clock on this one  Smiley

You are getting them at a 1:1 ratio. However because not everyone knows about the fork, we will very likely see less than 300m total supply of the new coin. The price of the new coin should at least be half of ACT, in theory. Usually coins go up by a lot before forks, look at btc, almost 5k when the segwit2x was gonna happen.

Sorry for this noob question, but I didn't quite understand what you meant with this: "AChain will initate fork at 1498888, ABTC Fork at 13th Jan 01:14am GMT+8 (LAST DAY)". That date and time was the estimated time for 1498888? If so, what counts for the start of the fork is the block, right?

The fork already happened, now we have to wait for the forked coins to arrive. I believe kucoin will also have a ABTC/BTC market opened as well.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
raulo1985

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:20:24 PM

It's gonna be huge

I would be careful here.   So many people are buying ACT and there is huge speculation for the hardfork.  What happens  after the hardfork? Many of the speculators will dump all their recently purchased ACT.  The price of ACT could drop dramatically. If you bought recently as the price was climbing you could be holding tokens with a loss.  Although I am going to watch this closely.... If ACT price drops after the hardfork it will be a good time to buy in for a longer term hold.  GLTA speculating... you will need it on your exit from ACT after the hardfork is done.

I think the same way as you do, but taking a deeper look at ACT makes me believe the project is strong enough to recover from that eventual price and market cap drop. It could be game changing, and they are just going to start marketing on western countries. Anyway, is there a way to know when the hard fork is going to be done? It's the first time I participate on a fork, so I don't have experience. How long do they usually take and is there a way to anticipate when it's going to end (like knowing the block, for example)? As soon as the fork is done are the ACTs tradable? I chose to leave them at Kucoin and not in a wallet, to be able to trade quickly if needed too. Kucoin seems like trustable exchange site for that purpose.
raulo1985

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:22:47 PM

I did receive an email today from Kucoin saying they were working on the new token distribution that will be given out. I think they have already taken "snapshots" of their ACT holders accounts. It might be too late to get in on this.

Really? I bought some ACT two days ago and I'm hodling them inside Kucoin, but haven't received an email from them. Guess I'll have to contact them, I put a lot of money just for this fork.
g.m.tyshenk

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 03:42:08 AM

Really? I bought some ACT two days ago and I'm hodling them inside Kucoin, but haven't received an email from them. Guess I'll have to contact them, I put a lot of money just for this fork.

If you bought ACT tokens  2 days ago you will be good for the hardfork that happened just a few hours ago. Great you got in on this.... Free tokens that may increase in value over time.
raulo1985

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:42:26 PM

Anyone knows when the fork is going to finish? Is there a way to know exactly? How long do these forks usually take?
ElvenRaider

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:42:48 PM

wow.. price jump at jan 3,2018
already list on 6 exchanger..
missed this opportunity
and also miss the fork
from twitter :
$ACT forking has been done successfully at a block height of 1498888 on January 13, 2018 01:43:30 AM (GMT+8). $BTC users can get ABTC at https://abitcoin.one  and for ACT holders, it will be sent automatically from Jan.15, 2018.

raulo1985

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:56:57 PM

But how can you know when the fork is done, so you can start trading your holded ACTs for other coins, without being kicked out of the fork and those free ABTC?
mahoni2100

Activity: 504
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:01:09 PM

I need to follow good road project how is it how it should be looked at everything is rising well but I do not know whether this will come out in the future. I'll do my research for act, I hope it will be nice things need to follow

Bardman

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:58:26 PM

But how can you know when the fork is done, so you can start trading your holded ACTs for other coins, without being kicked out of the fork and those free ABTC?

The fork already happened. When you get your ABTC coins is when you can start trading your ACTs plus why would you want to sell them this early, the coin itself is good, better than many top 100 coins anyways.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
raulo1985

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:35:28 PM

The fork already happened. When you get your ABTC coins is when you can start trading your ACTs plus why would you want to sell them this early, the coin itself is good, better than many top 100 coins anyways.

Agreed, but because I also believe on this project is that I sold all my other altcoins and even invested some fiat to buy all ACTs I could before the snapshot, and I got in. I'm that kind of investor, if I see a good opportunity I risk even too much, but has worked for me so far. The thing is that when the fork finishes, probably its value will decrease very fast, followed by a slower recovery. I want to be able to sell some ACTs as soon as the fork is over so I can sell them at a nice price, and also because I want to keep a diversified portfolio. I'm all in ACT right now because of the fork, but after it's done, even knowing that ACT is a smart investment for the long run, I want to sell some to buy other altcoins. That's why I'm interested in knowing if there is a way to know exactly when the fork is over (like knowing the block or something like that).

On a side note, I must say that I'm pretty confident that ACT is one of the most promising projects. Really ambitious, and with a very small cap considering the type of project it is. It clearly must be because of lack of exposure here at western countries, it doesn't even have an announcement thread here. I believe that that poor level of exposure is going to change as soon as this coin gets to more exchange sites and serious marketing starts, which I believe is one of their next goals. That's why, this time, I put all my eggs in one basket, at least till the fork is over.
hamburglar628

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:44:31 PM

$0.86 right now looks good...still nice entry point?
raulo1985

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:53:57 PM

Honestly, with this coin I think getting onboard at less than a $1 per coin is almost a sure bet. Even if you didn't make it to the fork. Research about this project, look at its market cap and trading volume, and compare it with its potential and partnerships it has. Criminally under the radar, and shouldn't stay hidden for too long.
Bardman

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:24:54 AM

Honestly, with this coin I think getting onboard at less than a $1 per coin is almost a sure bet. Even if you didn't make it to the fork. Research about this project, look at its market cap and trading volume, and compare it with its potential and partnerships it has. Criminally under the radar, and shouldn't stay hidden for too long.

Quite hard to make it to the fork since it already happened. The fork was really only a bonus, the coin itself I think is good enough to invest a good % of your portfolio. Long term that is.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:29:04 AM

That sucks I have never heard of this coin until now and fork is usually a good opportunity. It is too bad they don't have an ANN here on bitcointalk but from the looks of it they don't seem like they need it.

Fork now is not big opportunity like fork before because more people now notice that fork is not really usefull for the exist coin and also for the new coin from fork.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
Antiqua

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:13:52 AM

That sucks I have never heard of this coin until now and fork is usually a good opportunity. It is too bad they don't have an ANN here on bitcointalk but from the looks of it they don't seem like they need it.

Fork now is not big opportunity like fork before because more people now notice that fork is not really usefull for the exist coin and also for the new coin from fork.
after NXT fork, i will join with cautions
because HF for now is pump signal and after that early buyer will sell at huge number before fork started
ACT highest price is $1.2 but for now it is just $0.9 USD
i hope noone buy at high price

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: